Once you start to journey on this path of knowledge that God will set you up on – do not ever get too big for your britches further on down the road and think that you have “arrived,” and that you do not need to listen to God or anyone else that He may want to use to transmit His knowledge to you.
This knowledge journey will never end with Him!
You will always be learning new, different, and exciting things from the Lord as long as you are open to being taught by Him.
Here are three very good verses emphasizing the point that we are not to cease listening to instruction and straying from the words of knowledge if we want to be wise in our latter days.
- “Listen to counsel and receive instruction, that you may be wise in your latter days.” (Proverbs 19:20)
- “Cease listening to instruction, my son, and you will stray from the words of knowledge.” (Proverbs 19:27)
- “He who is often reproved, and hardens his neck, will suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.” (Proverbs 29:1)
Notice in the last verse that destruction can come upon someone very suddenly if they keep resisting someone who may be trying to help get them straightened out. The Bible says that the Holy Spirit will not strive with a man forever.
There is a limit even to God’s patience.
Once God starts to transmit His knowledge to you, you better receive it and properly act on it or the consequences could be fatal. To whom much is given, much more is expected. God will hold you personally accountable for the knowledge and wisdom that He will give to you.
There is no turning back on this road of knowledge once God starts to enlighten you and show you His ways of living in this life.
This is part 18 of our 19 part series on Seeking After The Knowledge of God.
1. An Introduction to the “Seek After The Knowledge of God”
2. Growing in the Knowledge of God
3. The Fear of the Lord is the Beginning of Receiving Knowledge and Wisdom
4. Destroyed For Lack Of Knowledge
5. Knowledge and Wisdom Are Better Than All the Material Things of This World
6. Knowledge, Understanding and Wisdom
7. All Knowledge and Wisdom Comes Direct From God
8. The Holy Spirit is our Helper, Teacher, and Guide
9. Seeking After the Knowledge of God
10. Knowledge and Wisdom Will Help Keep You Safe
11. In the Multitude of Counselors There is Safety
12. Use the Knowledge That God Will Give You
13. Walk With Other Wise Men
14. A Wise Man Will Not Show Partiality in Judgment
15. Stay Humble When God Does Start to Release His Knowledge to You
16. Knowledge Will Increase Sorrow and Grief
17. The Wisdom of This World is Foolishness With God
18. Dont Cease Listening to Instruction
19. The Story of King Solomon