Now that Satan, all of his fallen angels, and all of unsaved humanity have been cast into the Lake of Fire and Brimstone, there is now only one thing left. God will now be giving the rest of saved humanity their final reward – the New Heaven and New Earth.
Believe it or not, this is actually going to be better than what we will get during the Millennium Kingdom. This will be our final abode and resting place with the Lord and something very awesome happens when we get this New Heaven and New Earth.
When we get the New Heaven and New Earth – we will now get God the Father Himself literally coming down from heaven to our New Earth to live and dwell with all of us forever and ever!
In other words, we will now have both God and Jesus living with all of us forever and ever in this New Heaven and New Earth!
Here are some of the things that will be happening in this New Heaven and New Earth:
1. Our earth as we know it now and our atmospheric heaven will pass away. In its place we will be getting a new earth and a new atmospheric heaven. There will no longer be any more seas. 2/3 of the earth is now water. With all of the sea waters being taken out, we will have more land space in which to accommodate everyone.
2. There will no longer be any more night. It will be daylight all the time. There will no longer be any sun or moon to shine their light. The Bible says that we will no longer have any need of the sun or the moon because the glory of God will now be illuminating the earth!
3. There will no longer be any more death in any way, shape, or form. The curse of Adam and Eve will have finally been broken and completely done away with. In the Millennium Kingdom, as good as it is going to be, there is still going to be physical death for those humans who survive the Tribulation and enter into it physically. Though many of them will live long lives, they are still going to have to physically die.
In addition to any kind of death being taken out, there will also be no more pain since we will all have brand new, glorified, spiritual bodies. The Bible says that all sorrow, pain, crying, and death will be fully taken away. Every tear will be wiped away.
There will be no more sickness or disease! Our new, glorified, spiritual bodies will no longer age, corrupt, die, or be subject to any kind of disease or illness ever again.
4. All things will be made brand new. I do not think our imaginations can even begin to conjure up or imagine what this verse is trying to tell us.
5. God the Father Himself will now be coming down to our earth to live and dwell with all of us forever and ever.
The Bible says that we will no longer need the temple that will be in Jerusalem in the Millennium Kingdom, as both God the Father and Jesus Christ will now be the Temple Themselves!
The Bible says that the tabernacle of God will now be with men, that we will dwell with Him, that we will be His people, and that He will be our God forever and ever.
6. In the Millennium Kingdom, Jesus will be ruling this entire earth from the city of Jerusalem. It will be God’s capital. However, in the New Heaven and New Earth, we will be getting a New Jerusalem.
The Bible says that this new holy city, which will be coming down direct from heaven itself, will be like a square. It’s length will be as great as its width. Bible Scholars feel that this city may literally be 1500 miles wide. It will be huge! This new city of Jerusalem will literally be descending down from Heaven itself and will be coming direct from God Himself.
The Bible says that its walls are constructed of jasper and the city will be pure gold like clear glass. It says that the foundations of the walls will be adorned with all kinds of precious stones – the first foundation being jasper, the second foundation being sapphire, the third foundation being chalcedony, and the fourth foundation being emerald, etc.
The Bible goes on to state that there are 12 of these foundations and that each foundation is made with a different beautiful element. This is all described in Revelation 21:19-20.
There will be 12 gates with each of the gates being made of solid pearl. The streets of this city will be pure gold. Each of the 12 gates will have an angel on it. There will be 3 gates each to the north, south, east, and west.
Since all of the bad and unsaved people will have already been taken out, there will be nothing left that will be able enter into this holy city that will defile it or cause any type of abomination to occur in it. As a result, the gates to this holy city will always be open.
Now here are the Scripture verses specifically telling us all of this.
The Scripture Verses
1. This first verse will tell us that our earth and heaven as we know it now will pass away, and in its place we will be getting a New Heaven and a New Earth. This verse also tells us that there will be no more seas on this new earth.
“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had PASSED AWAY. Also there was no more sea.” (Revelation 21:1)
2. This next verse tells us that the tabernacle of God will be coming down from heaven onto this new earth and that God Himself will literally be dwelling with all of us. It says that He will be our God and that we will be His people.
This verse also tells us that God will be wiping away every tear, and that there will be no more death, sorrow, crying, or pain ever again. It then ends saying that all of the old and former things will now pass away, which will now make everything completely brand new!
And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God.
And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying; and there shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”
Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” (Revelation 21:3-5)
3. This next verse tells us that there will be no more temple because God and Jesus will now be the temple Themselves. It also tells us that we will no longer have the sun or moon because God Himself will be illuminating the earth with His glory. And with God totally illuminating the earth with His glory, there will be no more night. The gates of the New Jerusalem will also be open to all of the nations.
“But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its Temple. And the city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it, and the Lamb its light.
And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there).
And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it. But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.” (Revelation 21: 22-27)
4. This next verse tells us that there will be no more Adamic curse and once again, states that there will be no more night. It says we shall be able to see at least the face of Jesus, and that we shall reign with God and Jesus forever and ever.
“And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. And there shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.” (Revelation 22:3-5)
5. Now here are the two specific verses about the city of New Jerusalem that will be coming down from heaven from God the Father and what it will be like.
“Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.” (Revelation 21:2)
“And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, having the glory of God. And her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal.
And she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of Israel: three gates on the east, three gates on the north, three gates on the south, and three gates on the west.
Now the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. And he who talked with me had a gold reed to measure the city, its gates, and its wall. And the city is laid out as a square, and its length is as great as its breadth … And the construction of its wall was of jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass.
And the foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with all kinds of precious stones: the first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, the fifth sardonyx, the sixth sardius, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.
And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.” (Revelation 21:10-21).
As bad as things are going to get in the future, and possibly in the near future for all of us, each Christian has to keep their eyes on the final end.
We will first be getting 1000 years of perfect peace in the Millennium Kingdom that Jesus will be setting up with Him being the sole supreme King and Ruler of this earth. And then we will receive the final and ultimate end which will be the New Heaven and New Earth – where God the Father Himself will literally be coming down to live with all of us forever and ever.
This New Heaven and New Earth is going to be beyond anything that our imaginations can even begin to conjure up. The above Scripture verses only give us a partial vision and partial knowledge of what we are all going to end up with in this new heavenly environment.
One of the most amazing things about the Bible is all of the knowledge and information that is contained in it telling us exactly what is in store for all of us in the future. When you put all of these verses together like you would pieces to a jigsaw puzzle, the knowledge and revelation comes through loud and clear.
God the Father is telling us exactly what He has in store for all of us in the future so we can all properly prepare ourselves to receive it.
I will end this series of articles on this subject with one last thought:
The Bible is telling us exactly what is going to happen and why it is going to happen.
But to each of you whose hands this series ofend times articlesmay fall into, just remember one thing – God will win in the end, and the Millennium Kingdom and the New Heaven and New Earth will be the final reward for all of you who hold fast to your faith in the Lord during these very trying times.
Keep your eyes on this final and glorious end with the New Heaven and New Earth.
It will help keep you from being overcome by any major fears if we start to enter into these end time events. Jesus has already told us in the Book of Revelation that those who are the overcomers in this life will be the ones to rule the nations of the world with Him in these coming eras.
Do not ever lose sight of this fact if all of these end time events end up occurring in our lifetime.