As you will see in the next two verses, the second thing you must do after making a full surrender with the Lord is that you have to seek to walk in all of God’s way’s and keep all of God’s commandments. If you are out cheating on your wife and committing adultery behind her back, then you will not be getting God’s full protection on you or His power to help deliver you from any attacks that may be coming against you from your enemies.
This is another main reason why so many of God’s children are coming under such heavy attacks from the enemy. They have “holes in their hedges” as result of operating in some of these heavier sins. If you are operating in any of these heavier sin areas, then you will need to get it all worked out with Lord before you can even begin to step out onto the battlefield to do spiritual battle with your enemies.
Study these next two verses very carefully, as the Lord is very serious on the conditions that must be met before He is going to be willing to give you His divine protection from your enemies.
- “If you walk in My statutes and keep My commandments, and perform them … you shall eat your bread to the full, and dwell in your land safely. I will give peace in the land, and you shall lie down, and none will make you afraid; I will rid the land of evil beasts, and the sword will not go through your land. You will chase your enemies, and they shall fall by the sword before you. Five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight; your enemies shall fall by the sword before you.” (Leviticus 26:3)
- “For the Lord your God walks in the midst of your camp, to deliver you and give your enemies over to you; therefore your camp shall be holy, that He may see no unclean thing among you, and turn away from you.” (Deuteronomy 23:14)
Notice in the second verse that God will walk in the midst of your camp, which is your life, and He will deliver you and keep your enemies from overtaking you – but only if your camp is “holy.” If it is not, then He will turn away from you, and you will then have no protection from your enemies!
The first verse is literally telling you that if you keep all of God’s commandments and stay out of any serious sin – then He will give you safe dwelling in your present set of circumstances – and also give you the power and ability to engage and chase your enemies away from you should they even try to launch an attack against you.
Notice the last part of this verse says that a hundred shall put ten thousand to flight. What I believe God is trying to tell us with this last sentence is that no enemy, no matter how big and how evil, will be any match for you as long as you are living under God’s wing and protection.
This is part 3 of our series on the Battle Verses of the Bible. Here are the other sections.
An Introduction to the “Battle Verses Of The Bible”
1. Full Surrender Battle Verse
2. Going On the Offensive Against Your Enemies
3. Walk in All of God’s Ways – Keep All of God’s Commandments
4. God Will Anoint You For Battle
5. God Will Give You What You Need To Walk With His Anointing
6. God Will Run Protection For You
7. God Will Fight Your Battles
8. Battle Angels