As you will see in the Scripture verses I will list in this article series, God the Father places an extremely high value on the pursuit of knowledge – especially spiritual knowledge. He says that gaining knowledge is greater than all the silver, gold, and material things of this world.
The Bible tells us we have to grow in the knowledge of God. Once you get saved, that is just the beginning. From there, God expects you to grow in the knowledge of Him, His Son Jesus Christ, His Holy Spirit, and all of Their ways.
As I mentioned in our article “The Power of the Word of God” – the number one way that you will grow in spiritual knowledge on this earth is by reading and studying the Bible for yourself. There is simply no other way.
God has arranged to have all of the spiritual knowledge that we will ever need about Him, His Son, and His Spirit to all be contained in this one Book. You also grow in the knowledge of God through your own personal adventures that you have with Him in your own daily walk, along with learning from other Christians, especially those who are anointed and gifted to be able to teach from His Word.
Once again, God is using some very intense language in these verses. You can really tell that He is trying to let all of us know the extreme importance of growing in this knowledge. The reason for this is that God’s ultimate aim for us after we get saved is our sanctification and transformation.
He wants to transform us into the express image of His Son Jesus. He wants to make us into a better and more holy people.
However, before God will allow this sanctification process to really kick into full gear through the Holy Spirit – He wants you to fully understand exactly what He is doing and why He is doing it.
In other words, you have to have the knowledge as to what God is doing and exactly why He is doing it.
Even small children will pick up on this principle very quickly. Tell a child that he is not to do something, and what is the first thing he will do? He will ask you why he cannot do that particular thing. And then if the child is old enough to understand what that reason is – then you can proceed to tell him why it is not in his best interest to do that particular thing.
In other words, you are giving your child the specific knowledge that he will need to have so he will know exactly why he should or should not be doing that specific something.
It’s the exact same way with God the Father.
God loves to transmit knowledge to His children across the board on anything that they may need His knowledge on in this life – but what prevents many of His children from being able to receive this knowledge directly from Him is that they have never been taught how to hear from Him when He does start to try and communicate with them – or they do not press in and enter into a seeking mode with Him to try and get Him to release this knowledge to them.
If there is one major secret I have learned from the Lord on getting Him to release more of His knowledge to you – is that you have to be willing to go into some type of seeking mode with Him to get it. God will not spoon-feed you forever.
The Bible says to ask – and then you will receive. Seek – and then you will find. Knock – and then the door will be opened to you.
Notice in all three of these conditions that you have to be the one to initiate it. You have to be the one to ask, to seek, and to knock.
If you do – then God will answer you, open doors for you, and let you find the answers to your questions and problems.
King David tells us that we have to meditate on the word of God. To meditate does not mean to blank your mind out waiting for God to talk to you.
To meditate means to think about, to chew on, to try and figure out what the different Scripture verses mean and how they can apply to your daily life.
What I have personally found out is that the Holy Spirit will literally guide your thoughts into the revelation that you are seeking after as you are trying to figure something out. In other words, you will find the knowledge you are needing as you are seeking after it.
The Holy Spirit can either guide your thoughts into what the correct answers are by you just using some of your brain power to try and figure things out, or He will guide you as to where those answers are located at.
You can literally learn how to “pull” knowledge directly from the Lord by going into these seeking modes with Him! As you will see in some of the Scripture verses I will list below, it is the job of the Holy Spirit to teach us all things in this life. In other words, the Holy Spirit is our personal Guide and Teacher in this life.
The Holy Spirit can and will communicate to you if you are open to receiving this kind of direct supernatural communication from Him.
I will be doing a much more in-depth article in the near future on the wide variety of ways that the Holy Spirit will communicate to you – especially in the area of receiving knowledge from Him.
But for this article, I just want to give you the main foundational verses from the Bible to let you know that God does want to transmit His knowledge to you across the board on anything that you will need His knowledge on in this life.
Not only can God give you all the spiritual knowledge that you will seek after, but He can also give you His knowledge across the board on anything else that you may need His knowledge on in this life.
God can give you His knowledge on how to become better parents for your children, better spouses for your mates, and better at whatever specific job or jobs He will be calling you to do for Him in this life.
If God is calling you to be a policeman, an attorney, a doctor, a nurse, a stay-at-home mom, an architect, a laborer, a sports star – He can give you His direct knowledge in each of those specific areas so as to make you much better at each of those jobs. There is absolutely nothing that God cannot give you His knowledge on if you are open to receiving it and are not afraid to start seeking and pressing in after it!
Many, many Christians are missing out on this part in their walk with the Lord. God will supernaturally communicate His knowledge to you – but you first have to realize that He does want to communicate His knowledge to you – and then you have to learn how to pick it up and properly read it when He does start to try and communicate to you.
Again, I will go into much more detail on how to really hear from God in another article – but in this article, I want to show to you by the Scripture verses I will list below, that God really does want to impart and transmit His knowledge to you.
As you will see in the way that I will present the appropriate Scripture verses on this subject to you, we are dealing with an incredible, profound reality – in that God Almighty Himself, a Being with perfect knowledge on all things – is willing to communicate and transmit His knowledge to us through the Holy Spirit, who is literally living on the inside of us!
Think about this – that you already have the knowledge of God residing on the inside of you in the Person of the Holy Spirit!
The Scripture verses I will list below will show you the extreme importance that God is placing on that each and everyone of us seek to obtain this kind of knowledge from Him. In some of these verses, God is making some very powerful and profound statements. He says:
- That we are to GROW in the grace and KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- That His people are literally destroyed and will go into captivity for having lack of knowledge.
- That gaining His knowledge and wisdom will help you walk safely in this life, help preserve you, and help keep you on the right path that He has set up for you to follow in this life.
- That gaining knowledge, wisdom, and understanding is better than all of the gold, silver, and rubies of this world and that it does not even begin to compare to anything else that you may desire in this life!
- In other words, gaining the knowledge of God in this life is bigger and better than any materialistic thing that you could ever buy, want, or desire in this life!
To think that God Himself is making this kind of extreme, intense, radical statement in that acquiring His knowledge is more important than anything else that we can acquire in this life is as big and powerful of a statement that He can make about what is really most important in this life!
Notice in the first number above that we are to grow in the knowledge of God. I believe the main reason God is telling us that gaining His knowledge is more important than anything else we can seek after in this life is because we cannot spiritually grow in the Lord unless we first obtain His knowledge – and then seek to implement His truths into our daily lives and walk with Him.
After you get saved – God then expects you to start to spiritually grow and mature in your walk with Him.
You cannot become more holy, more transformed, and more sanctified unless you are spiritually growing.
And you cannot start to spiritually grow unless you are first seeking after the knowledge that will cause this spiritual growth to occur in the first place!
If you really study the people who are most alive in this life – it is the seekers – it is the people who are constantly learning, constantly trying to improve their knowledge base on whatever it is they are seeking after.
It is the knowledge-seekers that are making the great discoveries that are changing the course of our human history.
And they could not have made those great discoveries without first seeking after the knowledge that would eventually lead them to those specific discoveries.
As you will see in some of the profound Scripture verses I will list below – God will make you seek and search after knowledge, much in the same way that treasure hunters will seek and search for buried treasure. Talk to any true knowledge-seeker, and they will tell you that most of their joy comes from the journey of trying to find the knowledge that they are seeking after.
Once the discovery has been made and they have found everything they may need on a particular subject, then it’s off to the next great adventure.
Nothing will stimulate your mind and emotions and make you feel more alive than seeking after the knowledge on something that you may really be interested in and be very passionate about. However, many in our country have now become “brain dead” and mentally lazy as a result of becoming couch potatoes by watching too much TV.
God has incredible knowledge adventures set up for each and everyone of us if we would only be willing to get up out of our ruts, step out of our safe boats, and start seeking after the things that He wants us to seek after.
Before I go into the Scripture verses on all of this, I will leave you with one last thought.
The knowledge of God is like a treasure chest that has no bottom to it!
There is no limit to the amount of knowledge that God can release to you if you are willing to dive into this treasure chest and start seeking after it.
Think about this long and hard – that the one and only all-powerful and all-knowing God of the entire universe is willing and able to transmit His knowledge to you on whatever it is you are wanting His knowledge and wisdom on.
Every single Christian has this incredible treasure chest of knowledge and wisdom literally residing on the inside of them in the Person of the Holy Spirit.
And the Holy Spirit is only too anxious and just waiting for you to tap into Him to get this knowledge to start to be released to you!
This incredible knowledge adventure is just waiting for each and every Christian who is willing to get off the couch and start using the brain power that the Lord has given to us to start to seek after this kind of knowledge.
I will go ahead and list these Scripture verses under their appropriate captions below so that you can fully grasp what the Lord is trying to tell in you these very profound verses.
These verses are major door openers for each and every Christian – as they are showing you that God can supernaturally impart and transmit His knowledge to you through the Holy Spirit if you are open to receiving it, and are willing to go into a seeking mode to pull it from Him.
Once again, these verses mean exactly what they are saying. I have made each of these sections into separate articles.
1. An Introduction to the “Seek After The Knowledge of God”
2. Growing in the Knowledge of God
3. The Fear of the Lord is the Beginning of Receiving Knowledge and Wisdom
4. Destroyed For Lack Of Knowledge
5. Knowledge and Wisdom Are Better Than All the Material Things of This World
6. Knowledge, Understanding and Wisdom
7. All Knowledge and Wisdom Comes Direct From God
8. The Holy Spirit is our Helper, Teacher, and Guide
9. Seeking After the Knowledge of God
10. Knowledge and Wisdom Will Help Keep You Safe
11. In the Multitude of Counselors There is Safety
12. Use the Knowledge That God Will Give You
13. Walk With Other Wise Men
14. A Wise Man Will Not Show Partiality in Judgment
15. Stay Humble When God Does Start to Release His Knowledge to You
16. Knowledge Will Increase Sorrow and Grief
17. The Wisdom of This World is Foolishness With God
18. Dont Cease Listening to Instruction
19. The Story of King Solomon
After reviewing all of the above Scripture verses in the above 18 articles and under their appropriate captions – I think the Lord is making a very powerful and life-altering statement for each born-again believer.
In both God and Jesus are hidden all of the knowledge, wisdom, and revelation that we could ever need or ever use – not only in this lifetime, but also in the next life to come – which will be heaven, then the 1000 year Millennium Kingdom, and then eventually the New Heaven and New Earth.
Just think about this one powerful, incredible, knock your socks off type of truth – that we serve and have entered into a personal relationship with the one and only true God of the entire universe – and in the Person of this God is maximum knowledge and maximum truth on every single matter, topic, or issue that we could ever encounter.
We truly have a God who is all-knowing and who has perfect knowledge on all things.
To think that this one and only true God has sent His One and only Son down to our earth to physically die on a cross so that we can all receive full forgiveness for all of our sins to allow us to enter into heaven when we die and cross over.
And then to top all of it off by allowing His Holy Spirit to literally enter into each person who will accept His Son as their personal Lord and Savior – is enough to knock anyone right off the couch once you stop and really think about what God the Father has just done for all of us in order to save us from the fires of hell.
And then to think that God the Father is willing to take this whole scenario even one step further – that not only does He want to save us from ourselves and our sinful natures, but that He wants to enter into an individual, personal relationship with each one of us.
That this one and only God of ours cares enough about each one of us to make this individual, personal connection in order to help us grow in Him and make it through this life in one piece is without question, the most awesome and profound reality that we have on this earth!
As a true born-again believer, all of the above is now firmly locked into place.
You are now truly saved and you are now a true child of God the Father as a result of the Blood that Jesus has personally shed for you on that cross. Now the ball is back to you.
- What do you want to do with this reality that is now staring you straight in the face?
- Do you want to take advantage of what God is providing for you in the way that He has all of the above Scripture verses worded?
- Do you want to take advantage of the third Person of the Godhead, the Holy Spirit, who is now living and fully alive on the inside of your being – who can help you grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ?
To think that God the Father is now willing to go this one more extra step with you – that He is willing to make direct, personal contact with you in order to communicate His knowledge to you through His Holy Spirit – is without question the icing on this entire cake!
To those of you who have never really sought after the knowledge of God for your own personal lives – just stop and think for a moment what all of the above Scripture verses are trying to tell you – that in the Person of God the Father and Jesus Christ is perfect and maximum knowledge on all things! I repeat – all things!
And as a born-again child of God the Father – you now have direct access to Him and all of His knowledge on anything that you may need His knowledge on in this life and the new life to come.
The only thing that is keeping you from being able to receive this unlimited and abundant source of knowledge from God is yourself. As all of the above verses from Scripture are trying to tell you – there is only one way to get God to release His knowledge to you, and this involves three very easy and simple steps:
- First – you have to really want and really desire the knowledge of God for you and your life. The verses mentioned above says that you have to “desire truth” in your inward parts, that you have to be willing to “cry out” for it and “apply your heart” to understand it. All of these key phrases are denoting someone who has a major desire for this knowledge.
- Second – you then get the ball rolling with God by starting out by asking Him to start to release His knowledge to you. Tell God that He now has a full and solid green light from you to release His knowledge whenever, however, and through whoever He wants to release it through.Tell God that you really want His knowledge released into your life, that you cannot live without it, and that you need it in order to be able to grow in the way that He wants you to grow in Him.
- Third – and this step is what will make or break you in this realm – you now have to be willing to start to seek after the knowledge of God for your life. Once you put the request on His altar that you now want Him to release His knowledge to you – God will sit back and watch what you will do next. The Bible makes it very clear.It says you have to seek – and then you will find. It says you have to knock – and then the doors will opened for you. Two of the above verses state that you have to seek after the knowledge of God as one who would seek after silver and as one who would search for hidden treasures.These two key phrases are again showing someone who not only has a maximum desire for this knowledge – but someone who is willing to go into a maximum seeking mode to get it!
As I said at the top of this article, if there is one major secret I have personally learned from the Lord to get Him to release more of His knowledge into your life – is that you have to be willing to go into some kind of seeking mode with Him to get it.
At first, your actual desire may just be one of initial curiosity. You may wonder – will God really start to communicate and transmit His knowledge to you if you start to press in after it?
If you are willing to give God just a few baby steps on your end to start to press in and seek after His knowledge, then God will be more than willing to meet you halfway. He will start to communicate and transmit His knowledge to you. And once this process starts, your hunger and desire for it will start to increase.
You will start to find that God does want to get personally involved in every area of your life – and that there is nothing that He cannot give you His knowledge on to help you be better at something, or to help increase your knowledge and understanding on a particular subject or issue you may be dealing with.
To show God that you really mean serious business with Him on this seeking mode – here are a few suggestions that you should attempt to seek into to get God to want to release His knowledge to you on a wide variety of matters and issues in your life:
- You first have to show God you mean serious business with Him by getting into His Word – the Bible itself. If you are not willing to spend some kind of regular quality time in His Word – then chances are God is not going to have much of desire to want to release His knowledge to you. The reason for this is the Bible is the only Book that we have down here that will give us direct knowledge about the Lord and all of His ways. If you are not willing to show God that you have a major desire to want to know more about Him, His Son, and His Spirit by reading from the only source that can give you this type of direct knowledge about the Three of Them – then God may not have much of a desire to want to release any of His knowledge your way.
- A second good source of God knowledge that you can tap into besides the Bible are other good Christian books written by anointed teachers from His Word. God has anointed many to be able to teach from His Word and you can learn a lot from their writings and experiences.Many of the Christian outlets and bookstores are loaded with good, quality reading material that will help you grow in the knowledge and ways of God. You can also ask the Holy Spirit to help guide you as to which books you should read at your present level of development with Him.You will then find certain books jumping off the shelf at you as to what He would really like for you to read next. What I have found is that God will sometimes alternate between having you read from the Bible and reading from other good, Christian books.
- Another good source to learn more about God and all of His ways are the radio and TV. Again, God has anointed many of His teachers to be able to preach and teach from the podium.Many of these teachers have their own radio and/or television ministries that you can listen to or watch from.
- Another good source that God will use to teach you things is just from the normal circumstances in your everyday life. This will be another whole article in itself, but there are many different ways God will use to transmit His knowledge to you if you are sharp enough and observant enough to pick it up.God will talk to you though other people and different sets of circumstances. Once you start to enter into this knowledge journey with the Lord – you really have to keep your radars up each and every day as you never know when, how, or through whom God will speak to you next.
- And last, but certainly not least, you will start to pick up knowledge direct from the Holy Spirit Himself. You will start getting “inner knowings” as to what certain things may mean. The Holy Spirit can also give you “inner visions” or “mental pictures” in your mind’s eyes when He is trying to communicate knowledge to you on something specific. They say a picture is worth a thousand words.The Holy Spirit loves to communicate knowledge by way of these visions or mental pictures in your mind’s eyes. He will also help you in interpreting what these pictures mean. Again, your job is to keep your radars up each and every day and jump on anything that God will start to transmit and pass your way.
If you are willing to show God that you mean serious business with Him by starting to seek after His knowledge through some of the above avenues, then God will start to supernaturally show Himself to you in this realm, and will start to communicate and transmit His knowledge and wisdom to you covering every area of your life that you are open to receiving His help and knowledge on!
As all of the above Scripture verses have shown you, God the Father is only too anxious to start you on this journey of knowledge through Him, His Son, and His Spirit. He is only too anxious to release His knowledge and wisdom into every part of your life that you will need it on.
With knowledge comes power! Knowledge will help you grow in the Lord! The knowledge of God will help change and alter the course of your life if you are willing to seek after this knowledge and work with the specific truths that will be contained in this knowledge.
The knowledge of God can help set and make you free in this life. And you do not have to wait until you get to heaven before you can start to receive this kind of knowledge from God.
God can start to educate you right where you are at right now if you are open to receiving it from Him.
I will leave you with one last thought. Look how far God the Father was willing to take King Solomon.
If God was willing to take King Solomon this far in the realm of His knowledge – how far will God personally take you if you are willing to press in and start seeking after Him and all of His knowledge?
Some say that the sky is the limit. In this knowledge realm with God – I believe that there is no sky – that there is no limit to the knowledge of God.
The knowledge of God is like a treasure chest that has no bottom to it – and it is all there for the taking for those who are willing to dive into it like those who seek and search for buried treasure!
An Introduction to the “Seek After The Knowledge of God”
1. Growing in the Knowledge of God
2. The Fear of the Lord is the Beginning of Receiving Knowledge and Wisdom
3. Destroyed For Lack Of Knowledge
4. Knowledge and Wisdom Are Better Than All the Material Things of This World
5. Knowledge, Understanding and Wisdom
6. All Knowledge and Wisdom Comes Direct From God
7. The Holy Spirit is our Helper, Teacher, and Guide
8. Seeking After the Knowledge of God
9. Knowledge and Wisdom Will Help Keep You Safe
10. In the Multitude of Counselors There is Safety
11. Use the Knowledge That God Will Give You
12. Walk With Other Wise Men
13. A Wise Man Will Not Show Partiality in Judgment
14. Stay Humble When God Does Start to Release His Knowledge to You
15. Knowledge Will Increase Sorrow and Grief
16. The Wisdom of This World is Foolishness With God
17. Dont Cease Listening to Instruction
18. The Story of King Solomon