Without question, the most disturbing, gut-wrenching, and heart-breaking doctrine in all of the Christian faith has to be the doctrine of hell – a place where all of the unsaved will end up for the rest of their eternal existence.
Ask any Christian to try and meditate on the reality of hell, and then the fact that all of these lost souls will end up spending the rest of their eternal lives down in such a horrible place of torment, and they will be lucky if they can meditate on it for even two minutes, if even that. The reason being is that just thinking about this kind of a horrible reality just blows all the circuits in the human mind and brain. It’s like it won’t fit or go in.
Since our minds have such a hard time in accepting such a horrible final fate for the unsaved, we immediately thrust it out of our conscious mind, because we just cannot stand the thought of even seeing our worse enemies spend the rest of their eternal existence in such a horrible and demonic place, much less any of our close loved ones.
This doctrine is so extreme, that many in the liberal part of the Body are trying to take it out, making the argument that there is no way that an all-loving and an all-perfect God could create such a horrible place of torment, much less ever throw all of the unsaved people down there for the rest of their eternal lives.
A defrocked bishop by the name of Carlton Pearson, who used to be real big on the TBN circuit, has now fallen for this demonic lie and he now believes in what is called “Universalism,” which is a belief that everyone is going straight to heaven when they die and cross over. His argument is that there is no way that an all-loving and an all-perfect God could ever throw anyone down in a hell for all of eternity.
However, as you will see in the verses I will list below, our Bible tells us otherwise. There is verse after verse telling us of the reality of hell and that the lost and unsaved are going to end up going down there.
Carlton Pearson believes the language being used in the Bible to describe people being cast into a literal hell is all a metaphor, that it is symbolic type language, not literal language.
In this article, I am going to give you three things on this very disturbing and heart-breaking doctrine that we have no other alternative but to accept because our Bible tells us so:
- Why God has created such a horrible place of eternal torment.
- Many of the main verses from the Bible on the existence and reality of a place called hell.
- And the powerful testimony of Bill Wiese, who was literally taken down into hell for 23 minutes and was allowed to experience part of the horrors and torments that actually go on down there.
I believe the language being used in the Bible to describe hell is all literal language, not metaphoric or symbolic type of language like Mr. Pearson and many in the liberal end of Christianity now believe. As such, it is extremely important and vital that every single Christian get a real grip on this horrible reality and do everything they possibly can to try and get as many as their unsaved loved ones saved before they die and cross over.
All of your unsaved loved ones only have one chance and one window in the big-picture, eternal scheme of things to get it right and accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. They will not get a second chance once they die and cross over. Once you die, that is going to be it! Your fate will be forever sealed in either one of two places – heaven for the saved and hell for the unsaved. There are no middle-of-the-road areas that you can go into if you do not want to accept Jesus.
Plain and simple – God is not messing around with this extreme reality – and He has done everything He possibly can through His Word and through His laborers to try and get it through our thick skulls that there is going to be a final fate and final judgment for every single person that He has ever created. We are not going to live forever, and sooner or later every single one of us is going to die and cross over and meet the Lord head on for these final judgments.
As such, we need to meditate on this extreme reality from time to time, as hard as it is to swallow, much less think about – and use it as a means to light a fire and spark in us so we can make every effort to try and get all of our unsaved loved ones saved before it becomes too late to do so for them.
Why Would God Create a Hell?
If our God is all-loving, all-perfect, and all-merciful, then how could He possibly create a place such as hell, much less ever throw all of the unsaved people down in there for the rest of their eternal lives?
Before I get into this specific question, the first thing you need to know is that hell is not going to be the final abode for all of the unsaved. Right now, everyone who dies and who is not saved is thrown into a place called hell. But that is only for a specified period of time.
The Bible tells us that the next big event that will be occurring is that Jesus will literally be coming down from heaven to rule our earth from the city of Jerusalem for a 1000 years. This is called the Millennium Kingdom. After those 1000 years are up, every single person who is in hell will then be pulled up and have to face the Lord for what is called the Great White Throne Judgment. There will be a Book of Works that has recorded all of their works in this lifetime.
The Bible says that all of those whose names are not written in the Lamb’s Book of Life will then be cast into what is called the Lake of Fire and Brimstone. The Lake of Fire and Brimstone will then be their final resting place, not hell.
After the Great White Throne Judgment has ended, then hell itself will be thrown into the Lake of Fire and Brimstone and from there, the Bible says that the smoke of their torment will ascend forever and ever out of this horrible place. All of this is explained to you in our articles at the end our End Times section if you want to see all of the verses on these two big coming events.
Now the 50 million dollar question is why – why would our all-loving and all-perfect God create such a horrible place and horrible ending for all of the people who will reject His message of eternal savlation through His Son Jesus? Why can’t God at least give them some kind of middle-of-the-road place to live in where they will not have to go such through horrible torments for all of eternity? Why does hell and the actual living conditions down there have to be so bad and so extreme?
When you see what is in the verses I will list below, and then hear the testimony of Bill Wiese, you will come away with the feeling that you would not even want your worse enemy to be going down there, much less any of your close loved ones.
Years ago, one of the first things I did with the Lord, once I found out that you could press in and try to receive direct revelation and knowledge from Him, was to ask Him why He had to create a hell in the first place, and then why does He have to have so much extreme suffering and torment going on down there? And then to top it off, have these people be condemned down there for all of eternity with no chance of ever being able to make it back out again?
To think that a certain percentage of the human race is going to have to spend all of eternity down in hell does not seem to compute with our natural logic and reasoning. It just all seems too extreme. That is why some in the liberal end of Christianity are trying to take this doctrine completely out, because their minds and their hearts cannot understand how or why God would allow such a horrible place of torment to exist for all of eternity.
What I will now give you below is just my own personal opinion on this and what I believe God has conveyed to me on this extreme subject matter. You will each have to get your own witness on this. The Bible says that we will only know in part while we are down here, so many of these types of questions will not be fully understood until we get to heaven and we meet Jesus face-to-face to be able to discuss these kinds of matters with Him.
Long story short, I feel like God gave me a very logical and almost mathematical reason as to why hell exists in the first place, and then why all of the people who will get thrown down there will have to spend all of eternity down there – like one plus one will always equal two in God’s universe.
1. In the Bible Basics section of our site, we have an article titled, “The Doctrine of the Trinity.” In this article, I give you all of the main verses showing you that we are dealing with only one God, but one God in three divine Persons. Both God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit are all God and Lord Themselves.
As part of this doctrine, the Bible shows us that all three Persons of the Godhead are co-eternal, which this means They have never been created. They have always been and always will be. Only God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are co-eternal in the entire scheme of things.
Now here is where the problem starts to come in. As we already know, the first class of beings that God decides to create are the angels – the angelic race. Since only God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are God and Lord Themselves and are totally perfect in Their divine natures and personalities, this means that no matter what kind of race God decides to create, they will all be created imperfect.
In other words, no created being is ever going to become the 4th person of the Divine Trinity, no matter how hard they may want to try. No created being will ever be born God or become God during his eternal existence.
This now leaves God with a major dilemma. Since this first race, the angelic race, is now going to be created imperfect, this means they are going to be capable of malfunctioning to the dark side and sinning since they will not be perfect in their makeup and personality like God is.
As a result, God now has to make a big decision one way or the other. Does He put something in their initial makeup where He can override their free will so He can make it virtually impossible for them to malfunction to the dark side and sin, or does He let them have a full, free will, and then give them the ability and the freedom to choose between the good side of this life or the dark side of this life?
As we all know, God chose the latter option, and He gave the entire angelic race the freedom and free will to be able to make their own choices in this life. They can now decide to either stay loyal and serve God and stay on the good and righteous side of the fence in their walk with Him, or they can rebel and go against Him and move to the dark side of the fence. Again, as we all know, Satan and one third of the angels chose with their own free wills to rebel against God and move to the dark side. As a result, they were all cast out of heaven and they will never, ever get another chance to get back in – ever again!!
As a result of these angels being cast out of heaven, God now creates another place for them to go to and that is hell. Hell was initially created for these fallen angels, not the human race, since the human race had not been created yet.
Since God chose to give the angels total free will and the ability and freedom to choose who they wanted to serve and stay loyal too, this tells us right off the bat that God does not want mindless, passive robots serving and worshiping Him. He only wants His people coming to Him because they want to with their own free wills and their own hearts, not because they have been created passive and mindless.
2. Now God decides to create another class of beings, the human race. And once again, God creates us imperfect, with the ability to choose between Him and the dark side, just like He did with the entire angelic race. God first starts us off in the Garden of Eden, but as we all know, Adam and Eve could not obey one, simple, little command from the Lord and they too got evicted from their initial paradise just like the fallen angels managed to do with their initial paradise, which was heaven.
But then God decides to do something different with us than He did with the angels. He decides He is going to give us a second chance, and He then sends His Son Jesus down to our earth to die on the cross for all of our sins so that we can then be made righteous enough through His blood to be able to enter into heaven after we die and cross over.
But once again, we now have the same dilemma. God has now granted us a redemptive pardon through His Son Jesus and His sacrificial death on the cross – but He now wants all of us to come to Him and His Son Jesus out of our own free wills, not by any type of force or coercion on His part.
This now leaves every man and every woman who has ever been created by the Lord in the New Testament with a big choice. Do we decide to accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior through His sacrificial death on the cross, or do we decide that we do not need Him and that we can do things our way and go our own separate ways from Him?
Again, since God is not going to force Himself or His redemptive pardon on any of us, He will give all of us total free will to make this choice for ourselves. The ones who decide to accept what Jesus has done for them and accept Him as their Lord and Savior, they will be allowed entrance into heaven after they die and cross over. However, the people who refuse to accept what Jesus has done for them on the cross will not be allowed to enter into heaven and thus there is only one other place in the entire scheme of things for them to go to – and that is to hell with the rest of the fallen angels.
3. So now we get to the real heart of this entire matter. If you do not accept Jesus, you obviously will not be able to enter into heaven. But now the question becomes, if people do not want to accept Jesus, then why are they going to be cast into the most horrible place imaginable, with no chance of ever being able to make it back out again? Why can’t God the Father just arrange for them to live in some kind of a middle or neutral ground area where they can at least have some decent living conditions to live in as compared to the horrible living conditions that are in hell?
I believe the answer lies in who God the Father really is. I believe that God created both the angelic race and the human race solely for Himself, not for anyone else, including ourselves. Just like the branch will completely die if it is cut off and separated from the tree trunk, in the same we will all “die” if we are cut off and separated from God as a result of our own free will decision to pull away from Him.
God the Father is a God of maximum intensity.
Either we come to Him through the blood that Jesus has already shed for us on the cross and accept both Him and His Son as our Lord and Savior and live, or we choose to go our own way and refuse to accept the redemptive pardon He is offering us and die.
Since God the Father is a God of maximum intensity, this means that our choice on this issue will have a maximum intense consequence. We will either receive maximum life if we accept Jesus or maximum death if we do not.
And maximum death will mean that we will end up in a place that will have maximum death all over it, hence the horrible living conditions that are actually in hell, and then eventually the horrible living conditions that will be in the Lake of Fire and Brimstone.
Here is the verse that perfectly captures this revelation and perfectly spells it out for all of us in no uncertain terms:
“… I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live, that you may love the Lord your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days …” (Deuteronomy 30:19)
Notice the two sets of words, life and death and blessing and cursing. Notice that there are no middle grounds or neutral areas on this statement being made by the Lord. This is an all-or-nothing statement being made by the Lord to every single, living person on this planet. God is only giving us two choices to make in this life – either maximum life through Him and His Son, or maximum death without Them. He is not giving us any type of third choice if we do not want to accept Him and His Son.
This is why the stakes are so high in this life and that we make every attempt possible to get all of our loved ones saved before it is too late, as they have no idea what is awaiting them on the other side if they do not accept Jesus and His free gift of salvation on this side of heaven.
God the Father, due to His maximum intense nature and personality, is not messing around with any of us. He has made all of us for Himself and He will not be denied. Though He will never force or make us choose Him and His Son Jesus, He also will not cut us any slack if we make the final choice not to accept Him and His Son Jesus.
If you choose not to accept Him, then you will end up with maximum death in the most horrible place imaginable – no if, ands, or buts about it.
When it is all said and done, there will only be maximum life in heaven or maximum death in hell, and then eventually maximum death in the Lake of Fire and Brimstone after the Millennium Kingdom has passed. Maximum life or maximum death – with absolutely no in-between areas for people to go into.
So if you want to know why the living conditions are so bad in hell and then eventually in the Lake of Fire and Brimstone, it is because there are no middle grounds or neutral areas with God the Father due to His maximum intense nature and personality.
It is either maximum life with Him or maximum death without Him – plain and simple. And maximum death will mean that the place you end up in, hell, will have maximum death living conditions all throughout it.
So when you read the Scripture verses I will list below, God is not pulling any punches with the specific wording that He is using in these verses. They all mean exactly what they are saying. This is not metaphorical language, this is all literal language – all straight-to-the-point and all right-in-your-face language so you can never say that you were never warned by the Lord in this lifetime.
The Bible Verses For Hell
So you can see the intense power that is on these specific verses, I am going to run all of them together. If you will read them one after another, you will really feel the power that is on these verses and that God is not mincing any words.
Here are a total of 47 verses that prove, without any shadow of a doubt, that a place called hell really does exist, and that all of those who do not accept Jesus and His message of eternal salvation will be going down there the minute they die and cross over.
1. “For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment …” (2 Peter 2:4)
2. “If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.” (John 15:6)
3. “But I will show you who you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!” (Luke 12:5)
4. “And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” (Matthew 10:28)
5. “It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.” (Hebrews 10:31)
6. “The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to here, let him hear!” (Matthew 13:41-43)
7. “So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.” (Matthew 13:49-50)
8. “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels …” (Matthew 25:41)
9. “And if your hand or foot causes you to to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into everlasting fire. And if you eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.” (Matthew 18:9)
10. “And if your hand makes you sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched – where ‘their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’ (Mark 9:43-44)
11. “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.” (Matthew 7:13)
12. “I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.” (Luke 13:3)
13. “His winnowing fan is His hand, and He will thoroughly purge His threshing floor, and gather the wheat into His barn; but the chaff He will burn with unquenchable fire.” (Luke 3:17)
14. “And they shall go forth and look upon the corpses of the men who have transgressed against Me. For their worm does not die, and their fire is not quenched. They shall be an abhorrence to all flesh.” (Isaiah 66:24)
15. “Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell?” (Matthew 23:33)
16. “These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power …” (2 Thessalonians 1:9)
17. “And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades (Hell) shall not prevail against it.” (Matthew 16:18)
18. “But he does not know that the dead are there, that her guests are in the depths of hell.” (Proverbs 9:18)
19. “Let death seize them; let them go down alive into hell, for wickedness is in their dwellings and among them.” (Psalm 55:15)
20. “Her house is the way to hell, descending to the chambers of death.”(Proverbs 7:27)
21. “For a fire is kindled in My anger, and it shall burn to the lowest hell; it shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.” (Deuteronomy 32:22)
22. “The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.” (Psalm 9:17)
23. “The way of the Lord is strength for the upright, but destruction will come to the workers of iniquity.” (Proverbs 10:29)
24. “They do not lie with the mighty who are fallen of the uncircumcised, who go down to hell with their weapons of war; they have laid their swords under their heads but their iniquities will be on their bones, because of the terror of the mighty in the land of the living.” (Ezekiel 32:27)
25. “Therefore Sheol has enlarged itself and opened its mouth beyond measure; their glory and their multitude and their pomp, and he who is jubilant, shall descend into it. People shall be brought down, each man humbled, and the eyes of the lofty shall be humbled.” (Isaiah 5:14-15)
26. “… then I will bring you down with those who descend into the Pit, to the people of old, and I will make you dwell in the lowest part of the earth, in places desolate from antiquity, with those who go down to the Pit, so that you may never be inhabited; and I shall establish glory in the land of the living. ‘I will make you a terror, and you shall be no more; though you are sought for, you will never be found again,’ says the Lord God. (Ezekiel 26:20-21)
27. “But if the Lord creates a new thing, and the earth opens its mouth and swallows them up with all that belongs to them, and they go down alive in to the pit, then you will understand that these men rejected the Lord. Then it came to pass, as he finished speaking all these words, that the ground split apart under them, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them up … So they and all those with them went down alive in the pit; the earth closed over them, and they perished from among the congregation.” (Numbers 16:30-33)
28. “Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, to the lowest depths of the Pit.” (Isaiah 14:15)
29. “For Sheol cannot thank You, death cannot praise You; Those who go down to the pit cannot hope for Your truth.” (Isaiah 38:18)
30. “Her graves are set in the recesses of the Pit, and her company is all around her grave, all of them slain, fallen by the sword, who caused terror in the land of the living.” (Ezekiel 32:23)
31. “… Deliver him from going down to the Pit … He will redeem his soul from going dow to the Pit, and his life shall see the light.” (Job 33:24,28)
32. “Let us swallow them alive like Sheol, and whole, like those who go down to the Pit…” (Proverbs 1:12)
33. “Then the fifth angel sounded: And I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. And to him was given the key to the bottomless pit.” (Revelation 9:1)
34. “But those who seek my life, to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth.” (Psalm 63:9)
35. “As for the head of those who surround me, let the evil of their lips cover them; let burning coals fall upon them; let them be cast into the fire, into deep pits, that they not rise up again.” (Psalm 140:9-10)
36. “But the Lord tests the righteous, but the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates. Upon the wicked He will rain coals, fire and brimstone and a burning wind; this shall be the portion of their cup.” (Psalm 11:5-6)
37. “And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.” (Luke 3:9)
38. “And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” (Matthew 25:30)
39. “Then the king said to the servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ (Matthew 22:13)
40. “Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. And he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever, and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.” (Revelation 14:9-11)
41. “There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. So it was the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. And being in torments in Hades (Hell), he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. Then he cried and said, “Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.’ But Abraham said, “Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.’
Then he said, ‘I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father’s house, for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.’ Abraham said to him, “They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.’ And he said, ‘No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’ But he said to them, ‘If they did not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.'” (Luke 16:19-31)
42. “But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:8)
43. “… as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.” (Jude 7)
44. “Like sheep they are laid in the grave; death shall feed on them; the upright shall have dominion over them in the morning; and their beauty shall be consumed in the grave, far from their dwelling.” (PSalm 49:14)
45. “Surely You set them in slippery places; You cast them down to destruction. Oh, how they are brought to desolation, as in a moment! They are utterly consumed with terrors.” (Psalm 73:18-19)
46. “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going.” (Ecclesiastes 9:10)
47. “For when he dies he shall carry nothing away; his glory shall not descend after him. Though while he lives he blesses himself (for men will praise you when you do well for yourself).” (Psalm 49:17)
When you read all of these verses together, one right after the other, there is no doubt and no question that hell exists and that all of those who reject Jesus and His message of eternal salvation are going to go straight down there once they die and cross over. God could not make things any more clear.
The wording, the language, and the serious tone that God is using in all of the above passages are all very straight forward and very easy to understand. This is all straight, literal, and in-your-face language, not any type of metaphorical language. As such, we all need to take these verses very, very seriously and do our best to get as many as our loved ones saved before it becomes to late for them.
To really drive this point home, I am going to bold and highlight some of the key words and phrases that are in the above verses so you can really see the seriousness and the gravity of the situation that we are all dealing with.
- The Pit
- Lake of Fire and Brimstone
- Furnace of fire
- Hell Fire
- Everlasting Fire
- Eternal Fire
- Unquenchable Fire
- Everlasting Destruction
- Condemnation of Hell
- Chambers of Death
- Weeping and Gnashing of Teeth
- Outer Darkness
- Deep Pits
- Tormented with Fire and Brimstone
- No Rest Day or Night
- Utterly Consumed with Terrors
- Smoke of Their Torment Ascends Forever and Ever
- Brought to Desolation in a Moment
- Their Beauty Shall Be Consumed in the Grave
- There is No Work or Device or Knowledge or Wisdom in the Grave
How any liberal could interpret these verses, and key phrases in these verses as being metaphorical type language rather than direct, straight-to-the-point, literal language is beyond me. All of these words and key phrases are not only implying maximum intensity, but they are also implying a maximum kind of death in this horrible place of torment – and it will also be forever and ever, for all of eternity with no chance of ever being able to get back out again.
The very last verse I have listed above also really drives home a major point. So many people live for what they can accomplish or buy on this end, along with whatever glory they can build up for themselves through their own accomplishments and achievements. But this last verse says that a man shall “carry nothing away” with him when he dies and leaves this world, and that “all of his glory shall not descend after him.”
In other words, no suitcases will need to be packed on your deathbed, as absolutely nothing will be going with you to the other side. All of the money you have made, all of the material possessions you have bought with that money, and all of the glory and fame you may have built up for yourself with others will all die and perish right alongside your physical body on your deathbed.
The only thing that will matter is whether or not you found Jesus Christ and made Him the Lord and Savior of your life. If you have, you will then enter straight into heaven when you die and cross over. If you have not, you will then be dropped straight down into a place beyond your worse nightmares. When it is all said and done, it will either be maximum death or maximum life for each individual person that the Lord has ever created.
The Testimony of Bill Wiese
The last thing I want to leave you with on this gut-wrenching and heart-breaking doctrine is the testimony of a man by the name of Bill Wiese. Many of you have already heard about him. He said the Lord pulled him out of his body and literally dropped him into hell for 23 minutes. During that 23 minutes, he was allowed to actually experience some of the horrors and awful living conditions that are going on down there.
For the record, we believe this man’s entire testimony is the real thing and we cannot recommend this man and his powerful testimony highly enough. He has already written two books on his ordeal and You Tube also has a very good video series on him sharing his testimony at a church.
Here are the two books that he has written to date on his experiences:
- 1. “23 Minutes in Hell” by Bill Wiese
- 2. “Hell” by Bill Wiese
The first book tells of his initial ordeal. The second book goes into much more detail on what he experienced and answers many tough questions that people have on this topic, along with giving you all of the Scripture verses that pertain to hell. Again, we cannot recommend these two specific books highly enough if you would like to learn more about this topic.
If you would like to hear his testimony straight from his mouth, go to www.youtube.com. Type in the words “Bill Wiese” in the search box. A page will then pop up listing the different videos he currently has in there.
Here is a brief synopsis as to what happened to him when he got dropped down into hell for those 23 minutes. You will each have to get your own discernment from the Holy Spirit as to whether or not you feel he is telling the truth, as this was all personal and private revelation that was given to him by the Lord. But again, for the record, we personally believe this man’s entire testimony and he has our absolute highest recommendation.
1. On 11/23/ 98 at 3:00 AM in the morning, God pulls Bill out of his body and literally drops him into a prison cell in hell without any type of advance notice or warning that this was going to happen. When he is dropped into this prison cell, he also has no memory that he is a Christian, as God was wanting him to feel first hand what it would feel like to be totally lost and hopeless for all of eternity in this horrible place of torment.
He said the walls were made of rough stone and the cell had actual bars on it like what we have in our own jails. The first thing he notices is that he has an actual body. This body was his spirit body, not his natural body, as his natural body was still back home in his bed. This was an actual out-of-body experience he was having. He was also completely naked in his spirit body. He says that this was another form of shame and humiliation they could impose on him down there, like Hitler did with the Jewish people in the concentration camps.
The second thing he notices is that he is extremely weak, like he can barely move. The next thing he immediately feels is the heat, an unbearable and tremendous type heat. He did not know what the temperature of this heat was, but it would have been enough to kill his natural body back here on earth. It was that intense and that unbearable.
He also said the actual smell in hell was the most toxic, foul, putrid smell that he has ever smelled and that we have nothing on this earth that would even begin to compare to it.
He says in his book that if you could take every rotten thing you have ever smelled, from open sewers to rotten meat, spoiled eggs, sour milk, dead rotting animals and sulfur, and then magnify that stench a thousand times, he said that might get you close as to what hell actually smells like. It was that bad!
Another thing he noticed is that there was hardly enough air for him to be able to breathe.
The only way he could breathe was by taking in very short, quick type breaths. There was no humidity or moisture in the air like what we have here on our earth. The air was also filled with smoke and felt like it had no oxygen in it.
After literally feeling all of this upon his arrival in this cell, he then sees two enormous creatures who are in the cell with him. These are two big demonic spirits in their natural, horrible, ugly and grotesque form. They were both about 10-13 feet in height. They were gazing at him with absolute pure evil and hatred in their eyes. The one was pacing back and forth violently in his cell like a caged bull, like it could not wait to get at him.
Once he saw these two big creatures, he said the fear that immediately engulfs you is beyond any type of fear we can feel on this earth. He said the evil and terror that was coming from these creatures was so severe, that he was literally paralyzed with this fear. He said these two creatures were human in form, as they had arms and legs, but they were reptilian in nature.
He said the first one had a huge protruding jaw, big teeth and large sunken-in eyes and claws that were about a foot long. The second one was a bit taller and thinner, with very long arms and razor-sharp fins that covered its body.
He said both of these demons were cursing and blaspheming God and that they hated him because he was made in the image of God. He said he had no strength to try and fight off these creatures as they started to move towards him. He said the demons rule over the humans who are in hell and torment and torture them all day long.
He also said that he knew instinctively that these demons were about a thousand times stronger than he was and that he was no match against their great strength.
Then the one beast proceeds to throw him up against the cell wall, and when he did, it felt like every bone in his body was broken. The second beast then comes up, gets behind him and gets him in a vice-like bear hug. It then proceeded to dig its claws into his chest, literally ripping his chest wide open.
He said the skin of his chest hung down like ribbons as he slumped back down to the cell floor. He said these two demons had no mercy whatsoever on him and they took great delight and pleasure at being able to torture him like this.
2. After falling to the floor, the next thing that occurs is that he sees that the cell doors are open. He then manages to be able to crawl out the door and the demons did not try and stop him. Once he gets outside of the cell, he hears millions of people literally screaming at the top of their lungs. He says these people scream non-stop and that their screams are deafening and you cannot stop it or get away from it – ever!
He also said that he was in pitch darkness at this time, but it was not like a darkness we have on earth. He said you could actually feel it and the evil that was in it. He said you could not see so much as one inch in front of your face. But then after this, he looks off to the right and could sees flames far off in the distance, about 10 miles away from where he was at.
Again, he instinctively knew this. He said he knew the flames were coming from a far off, large pit where people were actually in. The pit was about a mile wide and the flames were like a raging inferno.
He said the flames were intense, but that the darkness seemed to be able to swallow up this light. The only thing that was visible was what the flames were lighting up. Everything else was still in pitch darkness. There was also no greenery, shrubbery, pretty landscapes, etc. Everything was all rocks, barren, and desolate.
He also said that one of the worse sensations he experienced down there was the constant thirst and dryness. There was no water down there for him to drink and he was constantly thirsty. He also knew that he would never be able to see any of his family or friends again and that he would never be able to get out of this place.
He knew he was doomed and damned for all of eternity. There are no jail breaks in this place and there is no way out once you are dropped into it. Once you enter in, you will never be able to get back out – ever again! All hope is now forever gone.
There is also no purpose down there. Nothing to do, nothing to look forward too, and nothing to accomplish. One of the above verses says that there is no work, device, knowledge, or wisdom that is down there for you to feed off of. You will be beyond bored-to-death.
Just think of that kind of a scenario in our hustle and bustle type world, with many of us always trying to accomplish or achieve something. No more goals, visions, or mountains to climb.
No more exciting adventures to take. No more exciting places to go, see, and experience like what we have here on this earth. And no more people to talk to, to love, and to share our lives with.
Your life in hell will just be one of maximum death and wasting away – with no end ever to these horrible torments.
After seeing these flames from far off, one of the demons then grabbed him again, threw him back in the cell and then proceeded to crush his head. Again, God prevented him from feeling the full pain and impact of his head literally being crushed in by this giant demon.
Then 4 demons grabbed him by both arms and legs and were ready to pull him apart limb from limb, when all of sudden he was pulled out of the cell by the Lord and placed in front of the pit where the fire was coming out of.
3. Bill says that he then found himself next to a big open pit with large raging flames coming out of it. He said again, the heat was unbearable and that he could see the outlines of people who were caught in the pit and in these flames. They were all screaming in horrible torment, agony, and pain. Some of them were trying to claw and climb their way out, but did not have enough strength to be able to do so. And if by chance they were able to get close enough to the top of the pit, there were demons all around the pit who would push them back down into the open burning flames.
He also knew that there were different levels of torment that was down there, different degrees of punishment. But they were all bad, no matter where you were at in hell or what you were actually going through with all of these different demons ruling over you and torturing you.
4. The next thing that occurs is that he notices that he is standing in the middle of a cave. As he looks at the walls of this cave, he sees thousands of hideous creatures, which were all demonic spirits. He said that they were all different sizes and shapes. Some had 4 legs and were the size of bears, others stood upright and were the size of gorillas. All of them were grotesque and disfigured, with many of their limbs being twisted and out of proportion. These demons were apparently chained to the cavern walls and as he looked into their faces, all he saw was pure evil and pure hatred. He also saw giant spiders, snakes, maggots, worms, and rats all over the place.
At this point, he then starts to ascend through a tunnel. As he starts to ascend away from this big pit, he could see thousands of other smaller pits of fire off to the right of it. Each smaller pit was no more than 3-5 feet wide and 4-5 feet deep and each of these smaller pits were holding a single soul who was burning alive in these pits.
As he continues to ascend higher through this tunnel, all of a sudden he sees a burst of light come into the tunnel, a pure white light that he had never seen before. In the middle of the light he could see the outline of a Man, and he then immediately knew it was Jesus. The first thing that Jesus then says to Him was, “I AM.”
As soon as he saw Jesus, his memory was fully restored back to him so that he knew that he was a born-again Christian and that this place of torment was not meant for him. At once, he felt immediate peace and love come into him from Jesus and all of the fear and terror that he had been experiencing immediately evaporated, as the Bible tells us that perfect love from Jesus will cast out all fears.
Jesus then proceeds to tell him the reason He allowed him to have this experience was so that he could tell everyone about it. Jesus told him that many of His own people no longer believe in hell. Jesus grieves and sorrows at every soul that becomes lost in this place and His desire is that no man or woman ever be sent down there.
Jesus tells him “To go and tell them about this place. It is not My desire that any should go here.” Hell was meant for the fallen angels, not for the human race.
Jesus also told Bill that the reason the demons hated him so much was due to the fact that he was made in the image of God. And if the demons hate God, then they are going to hate all of the human beings that God has ever created.
Bill also tells Jesus that the demons were so powerful, that he had no strength against them. And then Jesus says to him – “All you have to do is cast them out in My name.” When Jesus says this to him, he gets the impression that the demons are nothing but ants on the wall compared to who Jesus is and how powerful He really is.
At this point, Bill is allowed to feel part of the sorrow and sadness that Jesus feels as He watches a part of His creation end up descending down into hell. He said His love for all of humanity is beyond anything you can try and describe with words, way beyond our natural abilities to love. He also said he could not stand it for a fraction of a second the pain and agony that Jesus was feeling and experiencing as He was watching some of His people descend down into this horrible place of torment forever and ever.
The last thing that Jesus tells him is: “Tell them I am coming very, very soon.”
From there, Jesus takes Bill straight up above the earth where he was able to see it from a distance like astronauts can, as this was always a desire of his heart. He says that our earth literally hangs on “nothing,” and from this point of view in outer space, you can see the intelligent design that is behind everything and that none of this kind of perfect order could ever be by chance, and that only a God could create and then hold such a perfect order in our universe.
He was also allowed to feel a very small portion of God’s power and how He has absolute total power and control over every little thing in our world and in the entire universe, including every single thought we have and everything that goes on our in our daily lives, and that nothing escapes His attention.
From there, he was brought back down to the earth and then back into his body in his house. Once he left the presence of Jesus, the horrors and terrors from hell came flooding back up into his mind and senses. His wife started to pray over him to help calm him down and break the fear off of him.
God then took away the fear and terror of being in hell, but kept his memory fully intact on everything he saw and experienced down there so he could tell the rest of the world about it. He said it took him a good year to get completely over it due to the intensity of the whole experience.
Bill also said he was given insight that hell is located close to the center of the earth, approximately 3700 miles straight down. And that if people only knew what was straight down below our earth and where they are going to end up at if they do not find and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
Conclusion To The Reality of Hell
All of the above on Bill Wiese is just a short summary. If you would like to read more about his ordeal, we would highly recommend both of his books, as he goes into very good detail on exactly what happened to him down there, along with providing Scripture verses to back up every single thing that happened to him.
Again, you will each have to get your own discernment on his ordeal. But after reading both of his books and watching his entire testimony on some of the You Tube videos, there is no doubt in my mind that his experience was real, that it was from the Lord, and that God wants to use him as an anointed vessel to get the message out that hell is real, that it really does exist, and that all of unsaved are going down there when they die and cross over unless they find Jesus, accept His message on eternal salvation, and then accept Him as their Lord and Savior.
I believe what God wanted to do with this experience with Bill Wiese was for him to bring back to us what the actual living conditions are like down in hell, along with showing us that a hell really does exist.
Per all of the Scripture verses we gave you above, the Bible is telling us, when every thing is all finally said and done, that we will all end up with either maximum life in heaven or maximum death in hell, with there being absolutely nothing in between these two final endings.
If you will notice when he starts to describe what the actual living conditions are like down in hell, they are all maximum death type of living conditions.
- Maximum fear
- Maximum hopelessness – knowing you will never get out
- Maximum heat and high temperatures
- Maximum rotten and putrid smells that would kill us up here
- Maximum pitch darkness
- Maximum thirst with no water available
- Maximum weakness, with no physical strength left in your bodies
- Maximum loud screaming from people being burned alive in pits
- Maximum kinds of torture from the demons who rule over you
- Barely enough air to be able to breathe
- No purpose, work, knowledge, or wisdom – just wasting away
- Never be able to sleep or rest again
- No contact or conversations with any friends or loved ones
As I have said at the top of this article, the doctrine of hell and eternal damnation and punishment is without question, the most disturbing, gut-wrenching, and heart-breaking doctrine in all of the Christian faith. Very few people can even begin to meditate or think about it for very long before the circuits in their brains start to blow.
But this is the extreme reality that we are all dealing with and facing – and without question, our number one priority in this life should be to allow God to use each and everyone of us from time to time to get as many as our close loved ones saved as we possibly can, along with any other strangers God will want us to witness to. This would include all of your immediate family members, friends, and co-workers – all of the people within your immediate circle of influence.
I know many of you have already tried to witness to some of those who are close to you, like your spouses, children, and some of your friends. But many of them have been resistant to it and you seem like you are getting nowhere with any of them.
But just remember, you not only have the Holy Spirit on the inside of you, but you also have His power, His knowledge, and His wisdom. Just one power move by the Holy Spirit through a Word of Knowledge or a Word of Wisdom could completely turn the tide for you and bring your loved one in.
My best suggestion to you is that you put each one of your close loved ones and anyone else you want at the top of your personal prayer list with the Lord and pray for their eternal salvation literally to the day they die, as some people will get saved on their death beds with the Lord.
And then once you start praying for them, keep your radars up and be very open and sensitive to any specific leadings that you may receive from the Holy Spirit as to how He will want to work with each one of them.
The Holy Spirit is the Master Strategist when it comes to trying to get people saved, and sometimes you will need some specific strategies from Him to be able to get your loved one saved, as they will each have their own stubborn, resistant points that you will have to deal with and overcome.
But stay with it no matter how long it takes, as our life here is very short and we only have one window, one shot, one opportunity in the big-picture, eternal scheme of things to get these people saved and pulled in before their day in the sun is finally over.
Please also feel free to share this article with any of your unsaved loved ones if you feel what has been written in this article will help them see what the truth really is on this life before it becomes too late for them. The Scripture verses alone, when read one right after the other, will really drive home what God is trying to show all of us on this extreme reality that is facing every single one of us.
I will now leave you with one last thought on this gut-wrenching topic. Though all of the above is very graphic, gruesome, and a total assault on the senses, just realize and appreciate what God the Father has done for all of us to save us from this horrible place of eternal torment and punishment.
He not only sent His Son Jesus down to our earth to save us, but He literally sacrificed His Son on a cross to pay the full penalty for our sins and to pay the full price to get us back to Himself. Jesus Himself went through the most horrible, bloody, gruesome, and barbaric death known to mankind at the time that He came down to save us.
When Adam and Eve blew it for all of us in the Garden of Eden, God the Father could have easily washed His hands with all of us and allowed us to just drop into this horrible place of torment for all of eternity. But He chose not to do so. He chose instead to show us how much He really does love and care for all of us by being willing to send down and SACRIFICE HIS ONE AND ONLY SON ON A CROSS.
Without question, God the Father Himself paid the ultimate price to get us back to Himself – and that was to allow His one and only begotten Son to be butchered and literally killed on a cross.
So when you think about and meditate on this horrible reality of a real, live, living hell – just realize, appreciate, and be very thankful and grateful that God the Father has made a way of escape for all of us from this horrible place of torment.
We do not have to go there. He does not send us down there on His own choosing. The choice lies with us. God the Father has made it as easy as He possibly could to keep all of us out of this horrible place – and that is to just accept the free redemptive pardon that He is granting to all of us through His Son’s death on the cross.
Accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior through His sacrificial death on the cross and you will live, and then enter into the most glorious and wonderful place you can possibly imagine when you die and cross over – heaven itself – where God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, all of God’s good angels, and all of your saved loved ones will live with you for all of eternity in this perfect paradise – with no more pain, sorrow, tears, and heartache ever again for anyone.
Choose to reject this free gift of eternal salvation that God the Father is offering you, and you will leave Him with no other alternative but to allow you to enter into the most horrible place imaginable, a place of eternal torment and punishment that will be beyond your worse nightmares, and that will go on forever and ever with no chance of ever being able to make it back out again.
Again, to all of you who have any unsaved loved ones, meditate on this extreme reality from time to time, and then allow God, through the power of His Holy Spirit, to light a fire and spark in you that will never die down so you can make every attempt possible to get all of your loved ones saved before it becomes too late to do so for them.
You have the anointing and the power of the Holy Spirit on the inside of you to be able to effectively witness to each one of them. Be guided by the Holy Spirit and He will then make major power moves on each of them if you will only be willing to fly and flow with His leadings on how to do this. Jesus has already come to set these captives free, and He can use each and everyone of you for these types of major rescue-deliverance missions if you will only allow Him to do this with you.
Again – nothing is more important in this life than leading all of your unsaved loved ones into the love and mercy of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. And He can use each and everyone of you to fully accomplish these kinds of divine tasks if you will only allow Him to use you as an anointed vessel.
The power from the Holy Spirit is already there, waiting for each one of you. God just needs eagles that will be willing to take flight and fly on His divine power so He can then send them out on these major deliverance missions.