Once you start to receive the knowledge and wisdom of God flowing into your life, you will find something very interesting that will start to happen.
You will start to see the difference between the knowledge and wisdom of God versus the knowledge and wisdom of this world.
You will see that God is always right and that man is always wrong when the two are on opposites sides of the fence. A perfect example of this is the abortion issue – where you have the people who are pro-choice and their arguments versus the people who are pro-life with their arguments.
From God’s point of view, it does not take a rocket scientist to see who is on the wrong side of the fence on this issue.
As you will see in the two verses I will list below, the Bible tells us that the wisdom of this world is “foolishness with God.”
Since God is all-perfect in His being and in His knowledge – then this obviously means that God is always right and that man and the world is always wrong when they are not on the same page.
So the first thing you will need to get worked into your mindset and way of thinking is that God and all of His ways and all of His knowledge is always right.
You will really need to ground on this because the wisdom of the world can be very enticing at times. You will be tempted at times into believing what the world has to say instead of believing what God is trying to tell you is right.
Our young teenagers are constantly battling this reality. They are constantly being tempted and enticed to get into drugs, heavy drinking, and premarital sex.
If they have not been grounded in the Word and in their faith from a good, solid, Christian upbringing by their parents, they can be very easily swayed to enter into some of this dark side activity.
You will start to see the difference between God’s knowledge and how He likes to operate versus the business world in general. Many in corporate America are constantly pushing the envelope trying to get as far as they can, get as much as they can, and not caring who they run over and hurt in the process.
The almighty dollar is their god and they will do anything and everything they can to try and make more of it.
Many Christians end up getting sucked into some of their unscrupulous, business practices and they thus end up going against God Himself by some of the shady things they end up doing.
Each Christian has to stay true, loyal, and faithful to His God and to His ways when they are faced with these kinds of heavier temptations.
Study these next two verses very carefully, as they really do set the stage as to what is going on in the spiritual realm when you compare the knowledge of our God versus the knowledge of this world.
- Let no one deceive you. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. FOR THE WISDOM OF THIS WORLD IS FOOLISHNESS WITH GOD. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness,” and again, “The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.” Therefore let no one glory in men.” (1 Corinthians 3:18)
- “But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing will be there. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.” (James 3:14)
The second verse perfectly describes what goes on in the dog-eat-dog business world. Many are self-seeking, jealous, and envious of one another, with everyone trying to run over everyone else to move higher up on the food chain.
Notice that God calls this kind of wisdom earthly, sensual, and demonic – and that it is not from Him. This is why God says in the first verse that the wisdom of this world is foolishness in His eyes. In others words – it’s a joke! All of these people who are choosing to live their lives in this kind of dog-eat-dog environment are heading down the wrong road.
Once God starts to really work with you, and starts transmitting His knowledge to you on many different areas of your life, you will really be able to start to see the truth on a lot of different things – not only in your own personal life, but also with the world in general.
Once this knowledge has been released to you and you have full understanding of it – God will expect you to believe in it and act on it when you are faced with the temptation to go with the wisdom of the world rather than with the wisdom of God. Always remember who you are serving. You are serving and following God and His ways for your life, not the ways and wisdom of this world.
This is part 17 of our 19 part series on Seeking After The Knowledge of God.
1. An Introduction to the “Seek After The Knowledge of God”
2. Growing in the Knowledge of God
3. The Fear of the Lord is the Beginning of Receiving Knowledge and Wisdom
4. Destroyed For Lack Of Knowledge
5. Knowledge and Wisdom Are Better Than All the Material Things of This World
6. Knowledge, Understanding and Wisdom
7. All Knowledge and Wisdom Comes Direct From God
8. The Holy Spirit is our Helper, Teacher, and Guide
9. Seeking After the Knowledge of God
10. Knowledge and Wisdom Will Help Keep You Safe
11. In the Multitude of Counselors There is Safety
12. Use the Knowledge That God Will Give You
13. Walk With Other Wise Men
14. A Wise Man Will Not Show Partiality in Judgment
15. Stay Humble When God Does Start to Release His Knowledge to You
16. Knowledge Will Increase Sorrow and Grief
17. The Wisdom of This World is Foolishness With God
18. Dont Cease Listening to Instruction
19. The Story of King Solomon