So now that you know that God is more than willing to release His knowledge direct to you through the Holy Spirit – how do you go about getting God to start to release His knowledge to you? This will now lead us into the next set of verses. These verses will tell you exactly how.
You can sum up on how to get God to release His knowledge direct to you in two simple words – asking and seeking! However, before you can really get God to start to release His knowledge to you – there is now one more thing that you must really have – and that is desire.
The first verse I will list below says that you must “desire truth” in your inward parts. Another verse says that God will give you His knowledge and wisdom if you are willing to “cry out” for it, if you are willing to “apply your heart” to understand it, if you will “seek her as silver” and “search for her as hidden treasures.”
All of these phrases are showing that you must have some level of intensity in your seeking of this knowledge. You have to show God that you mean serious business with Him when you start to seek after the knowledge and wisdom that He can give to you. One verse in particular says it best when it says you must seek after the knowledge of God like someone who is searching for buried treasure.
Notice the intense way God is expressing Himself in the wording of some of these verses. You can really tell God is trying to drive home several major points that we need to fully grasp before He will be willing to release His knowledge to us.
Study, meditate, and really chew on these verses very, very carefully. These verses in particular are giving you major, I repeat, major secrets in being able to get God to release His incredible storehouse of knowledge and revelation into your life.
- “Behold, You DESIRE TRUTH in the inward parts, and in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom.” (Psalm 51:6)
- “ASK, and it will be given to you; SEEK, and you will find; KNOCK, and it will be opened to you.” (Matthew 7:7)
- “Yet you do not have because you do not ask.” (James 4:2)
- “If any of you lacks wisdom, LET HIM ASK OF GOD, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.” (James 1:5)
- “… TO ASK that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may have a walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God …” (Colossians 1:9)
- “My son, if you receive My words, and treasure My commands within you, so that you incline your ear to wisdom, and apply your heart to understanding; yes, if you CRY OUT for discernment, and lift up your voice for understanding, if you SEEK HER as silver, and SEARCH FOR HER as for hidden treasures; then you will understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.” (Proverbs 2:1)
- “The heart of him who has understanding SEEKS KNOWLEDGE, but the mouth of fools feeds on foolishness.” (Proverbs 15:14)
- “It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, but the glory of kings is to SEARCH OUT A MATTER.” (Proverbs 25:2)
- “A wise man will hear and INCREASE LEARNING, and a man of understanding will attain wise counsel, to understand a proverb and an enigma, the words of the wise and their riddles.” (Proverbs 1:5)
- “The heart of the wise teaches his mouth, and ADDS LEARNING to his lips.” (Proverbs 16:23)
- “Hear my children, the instruction of a father, and give attention to know understanding; for I give you good doctrine: Do not forsake my law” … He also taught me, and said to me: “Let your heart retain my words; keep my commands, and live.
GET WISDOM! GET UNDERSTANDING! Do not forget, nor turn away from the words of my mouth. Do not forsake her, and she will preserve you: Love her, and she will keep you. Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding. Exalt her, and she will promote you; she will bring you honor, when you embrace her.
She will place on your head an ornament of grace; a crown of glory she will deliver to you.””Hear, my son. and receive my sayings, and the years of your life will be many. I have taught you in the way of wisdom; I have led you in right paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hindered, and when you run, you will not stumble. Take firm hold of instruction, do not let go; keep her, for she is your life.” (Proverbs 4:1-9)
Notice in the fourth verse that it says that if any of us is lacking wisdom – that we are to ask God for His wisdom.
The next sentence in that verse then makes one of the most powerful statements of all when it says that God will then give His wisdom to “all liberally” without reproach!
In other words, God is not going to be playing favorites with anyone on this issue. He is telling all of us that He is more than willing to release His knowledge and wisdom to us if we are willing to ask and press in for it, and to also ask for it in faith without doubting.
Notice that God is also using the word “liberally” after the word “all.” This means that God is more than anxious to release His knowledge to all of us, not just to some of us.
The next verse after that says that we are to ask to “be filled with the knowledge” of His will in “all wisdom and spiritual understanding.” The word “filled” with His knowledge is also showing us that God wants to pour out His knowledge and wisdom to us in great abundance!
Notice in the 8th verse that it says that it is the glory of God to “conceal a matter” and that it is the glory of kings to “search out” that matter.
This is a very fascinating verse in that it is giving all of us a major secret – and that secret is that many of the times God will make you seek and search after His knowledge like those who seek and search for buried treasure.
A good example of this is the Bible itself. God has purposely scattered many of the different Scripture verses throughout the Bible in order to make you work for the knowledge that is contained in all of the pages.
For instance, God has scattered all of the verses about the second coming of His Son back to our earth throughout the entire Bible. You literally have to start from the beginning of the Bible and search it all the way through to find all of the verses that are pertaining to just this one subject.
Once you are able to find all of these verses and put them together like you would pieces to a jigsaw puzzle – then you will find the knowledge and revelation that God is trying to transmit to you on this subject.
This is one of the main reasons that we have started up this website – to show you what the Bible has to say about many different topics once you group all of the appropriate Scripture verses together by subject matter.
The very last verse stated above is where God is using some very intense language in order to drive home the point on how important it is for each one of us to seek after His knowledge in this life. Notice these specific words:
- Give attention to know understanding
- Get understanding!
- And in all your getting – get understanding
- Get wisdom!
- Wisdom is the principal thing – therefore get wisdom
- Take firm hold of instruction, for she is your life
Once you put all of these Scripture verses together, one right after the other – the message comes through loud and clear. God the Father does want to transmit His knowledge and wisdom to us through the Holy Spirit – and He wants to do it in great abundance!
The last caption in this article will be on what God did with King Solomon. If you want to see what God can be capable of in this area, wait until you see the one Scripture verse that will tell us how much knowledge and wisdom was given to just this one man, all because he simply pressed in and asked for it!
This is part 9 of our 19 part series on Seeking After The Knowledge of God.
1. An Introduction to the “Seek After The Knowledge of God”
2. Growing in the Knowledge of God
3. The Fear of the Lord is the Beginning of Receiving Knowledge and Wisdom
4. Destroyed For Lack Of Knowledge
5. Knowledge and Wisdom Are Better Than All the Material Things of This World
6. Knowledge, Understanding and Wisdom
7. All Knowledge and Wisdom Comes Direct From God
8. The Holy Spirit is our Helper, Teacher, and Guide
9. Seeking After the Knowledge of God
10. Knowledge and Wisdom Will Help Keep You Safe
11. In the Multitude of Counselors There is Safety
12. Use the Knowledge That God Will Give You
13. Walk With Other Wise Men
14. A Wise Man Will Not Show Partiality in Judgment
15. Stay Humble When God Does Start to Release His Knowledge to You
16. Knowledge Will Increase Sorrow and Grief
17. The Wisdom of This World is Foolishness With God
18. Dont Cease Listening to Instruction
19. The Story of King Solomon