Due to the extreme importance of just this one topic, I am going to go ahead and do an entire article on this topic.
This major revelation from our Lord has been talked about several times in our other articles, but due to all of the new people coming to our site and scrolling down the list of articles to find what they want to read, this particular revelation that we have received from the Lord has to have its own article to do it proper justice.
Not only must you have a full understanding of this major revelation from the Lord, but this revelation has to be believed on, grounded on, and acted on if you want to be able make it through this life in one piece and fully accomplish all of God’s perfect destiny for your life.
To really get this incredible revelation burned into your memory banks so that you never forget it, especially when you find yourself going through some of the trials and tribulations that can occur at a moment’s notice in this life – I am going to give you a very good analogy the Lord gave me several years ago that will perfectly describe what we will get in this revelation that we have received from Him through His Word.
This analogy is what I call the “Car Analogy.”
When you buy a brand new car, you will get 4 things with the car that will enable you to properly use the car for what it was originally designed for. Visualize these 4 components as I describe them to you and lock them into your memory banks, as I will then show you how these 4 factors will perfectly line up with how God will fully support you as you journey through this life.
Here are the 4 key components that you will get with every car that you buy in this day and age.
Every car that you buy will have body panels that will surround the entire car. These body panels will serve to protect you if you are ever struck by another car.
We all know how fatal motorcycles accidents can be as compared to accidents involving cars. Motorcycles do not have the outside physical protection surrounding them as cars do. Motorcycles are thus subject to being involved in many more serious accidents as a result of not having the kind of physical protection that a normal car has on it.
The second thing that a car will give you is support – and that support is in the 4 tires that will come with every car. If a car does not have the 4 tires on it to properly support itself, you will never be able to move and get out of the driveway, much less ever be able to get it to move forward so that you can get to where you want to go with it.
And not only must these 4 tires be supporting you so that you can drive the car forward, but these four tires must also be kept properly inflated.
If they are not kept properly inflated and you end up getting a flat tire as you are driving the roadway, your whole vehicle will be completely shut down until you are able to fix that flat tire.
The third thing that you will need to be able to properly drive and operate the car is power. You can have all 4 tires properly supporting you, and all of the body panels properly protecting you, but if the car does not have the power to be able to propel itself forward, then you will never be able to start the car, much less ever be able to get it to move forward to move out of the driveway.
The power of the car is obviously in the engine and all of its components. If some of those engine parts will not work or if any of them ever break down, the whole engine will completely shut down, thus making the car totally inoperable.
The last and final thing that you will need to be able to properly operate the car is a guidance system – and that guidance system is given to you in the steering wheel and its column.
You can have all of the protection of the body panels, all of the support of the 4 tires, and all of the power in the engine to take you wherever you want to go – but if you do not have the steering wheel to safely guide you so that you can either turn right or left, the car will be totally useless to you – as all you will be able to do with it is to drive forward and hit the first thing that will come directly in your path.
As you will see when I give you the Scripture verses in the next caption, we have all four of these components in the divine support system that we can receive from the Lord.
Again, here are the four components of this car analogy in a bullet point format. Visualize these 4 components and lock them into your memory banks, as this picture and revelation will help keep your chin and faith levels up if you are ever forced to take on any type of heavier storm cloud in this life.
As you will see in the Scripture verses I will list below, you will have to have all four of these things in full operation with the Lord in order for this piece of revelation to be able to work in your own personal life and walk with Him.
If God will protect you, but He does not properly support you, you will never make it out of the driveway, as your walk with the Lord will completely crumble and shut down in the same way a ship will completely sink if it gets a major leak in its support structures.
In that divine support you will be receiving from the Lord will be all of the money, supplies, favor, friends, and windows of opportunities that you will need in order to be able to make it into the next levels of service for Him. No support – no promotions!
If God will protect you and support you, but He does not give you His power and anointing to be very good at whatever He will be calling you to do for Him – then you will not be able to properly function and max out for Him in that call – and you will thus never be able to fully accomplish everything that He will want you to accomplish for Him in that call.
If God will support you, protect you, and anoint you with His power, but He does not properly guide you – then you will never be able to get to where you are supposed to be going for Him, and you will thus never be able to fully accomplish everything that He will want you to accomplish for Him in this life. You will thus end up going down one dead end road after another, with no positive fruit and results ever occurring in your life.
As you can see with this car analogy, you have to have all 4 of these factors in full play and operation with the Lord if you want to have any kind of chance of being able to complete His perfect plan and destiny for your life.
Bible Verses For God Supporting You
Though some of these verses have already been talked about in some of our other articles, I am going to go ahead and re-state some of them once again under the these 4 factors so that you can have all of them right at your fingertips as you are reading this article.
Before I get into the verses, one more reminder. You will only be able to receive all four of these factors in your divine support from the Lord only if you are walking in a full surrender with Him.
This full surrender has been fully discussed in our article titled “The Full Surrender” in the Bible Basics section of our site.
If by chance you have come across this article before reading that one, it would be our strong recommendation that you also read that article – as you will not be able to receive this kind of divine support from the Lord unless you are walking in this full surrender with Him.
As stated in the above car analogy, the first order of business that you will have to have going with the Lord in this divine support that you can receive from Him is to have His full divine protection operating in your life.
As a result of many of God’s people not walking in this full surrender with Him, they are not receiving His full divine protection. And as a result of not having His full divine protection operating in their lives, they are getting hammered with one trial after another and are getting absolutely nowhere with their lives.
Attacks from the dark side, and just some of the normal cause and effect things that can occur at a moment’s notice in this life, all serve to keep them grounded and broken down – thus causing them to never be able to fully accomplish what God originally had in store for them before they were even born through their mother’s womb.
In the Spiritual Warfare section of our site, we have an article titled, “Battle Verses of the Bible.” In this article are listed 100 of the best battle verses in all of the Bible. These battle verses will all show you how God can supernaturally protect you as you journey through this crazy life.
If you enter into this full surrender with the Lord, and He then enters you into His perfect plan and destiny for your life, but He does not divinely protect you along the way, then you will never make it to the finish line in one piece, much less ever fully accomplish everything that He will want you to accomplish for Him in that divine destiny.
Bottom line – if you commit to buying a new car, then you will get the full protection of the body panels surrounding that car.
In the same way, if you commit to making a full surrender with the Lord, and are willing to submit to His perfect plan and destiny for your life, then you will get His full divine protection operating in your life as you start on this new journey with Him.
This is one of the major perks and blessings that you can receive from the Lord as a result of entering into this full surrender with Him – His full divine protection operating on both you and your entire life!
Here are some of the better verses from the Bible showing how God can supernaturally protect you as you journey through this life.
- “Have You not made a hedge around him, around his household, and around all that he has on every side?” (Job 1:10)
- “The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; the God of my strength, in Him I will trust, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my Savior, You save me from violence.” (2 Samuel 22:2)
- “Truly my soul silently waits for God; from Him comes my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved.” (Psalm 62:1)
- But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one.” (2 Thessalonians 3:3)
- “Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. He guards all of his bones; not one of them is broken.” (Psalm 34:19)
- “And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom.” (2 Timothy 4:18)
- “The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies.” (Psalm 18:2)
- “But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; He is their strength in time of trouble. And the Lord shall help them and deliver them; He shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in Him.” (Psalm 37:39)
- “I will lift up my eyes to the hills – from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore.” (Psalm 121:1)
- “… Deliver me speedily; be my rock of refuge, a fortress of defense to save me. For You are my rock and my fortress; therefore, for Your name’s sake, lead me and guide me. Pull me out of the net which they have secretly laid for me, for You are my strength. Into Your hand I commit my spirit; You have redeemed me, O Lord God of truth.” (Psalm 31:2)
- “Oh, how great is Your goodness, which You have laid up for those who fear You, which You have prepared for those who trust in You in the presence of the sons of men! You shall hide them in the secret place of Your presence from the plots of man; You shall keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.” (Psalm 31:19)
- “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell. Though an army should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war should rise against me, in this I will be confident.” (Psalm 27:1)
- “The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? The Lord is for me among those who help me; therefore I shall see my desire on those who hate me. It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in princes. All nations surrounded me, but in the name of the Lord I will destroy them.” (Psalm 118:6)
- “If God is for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31)
- “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea … God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved; God shall help her, just at the break of dawn.” (Psalm 46:1,5)
- “Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God (I will praise His word), in God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me? … In God I have put my trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?” (Psalm 56: 3,11)
- “When they went from one nation to another, from one kingdom to another people, He permitted no one to do them wrong; Yes, He reproved kings for their sakes, saying “Do not touch my anointed ones, and do My prophets no harm.” (Psalm 105:13)
- “Give us help from trouble, for vain is the help of man. Through God we will do valiantly, for it is He who shall tread down our enemies.” (Psalm 60:11)
- “For the Lord God will help me; therefore I will not be disgraced; therefore I have set my face like a flint, and I know that I will not be ashamed. He is near who justifies me; who will contend with me? Let us stand together. Who is my adversary? Let him come near me. Surely the Lord God will help me; who is he who will condemn me? Indeed they will all grow old like a garment; the moth will eat them up.” (Isaiah 50:7)
- “Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever. As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds His people from this time forth and forever.” (Psalm 125:1)
- “Oh, bless our God, you peoples! And make the voice of His praise to be heard, who keeps your soul among the living, and does not allow our feet to be moved.” (Psalm 66:8)
- “Even to your old age, I am He, and even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.” (Isaiah 46:4)
- “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust. Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence.He shall cover you with His feather, and under His wings you shall take refugee; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look, and see the reward of the wicked.Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, even the Most High, your habitation, no evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; for He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. They shall bear you up in their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone.
You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, the young lion and the serpent you shall trample. Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation.” (Psalm 91:1-16)
All of these verses are extremely powerful. I believe that all of these verses should be interpreted literally and as such, they need to be believed on, grounded on, and acted on in your own personal walk with the Lord.
Again, if you want to get the full scope of exactly how far God can go with you in this realm, read our article titled, “Battle Verses of the Bible,” as it will give you several other ways that God can protect you in this life.
The next thing that you will need in God’s divine support system for your life is His actual support itself. Just as a ship needs the support of its bottom planks to ride the sea, and a car needs the support of the 4 tires to be able to drive on the roadways, in the same way you will need God’s full supernatural support to be able to make it into the directions that He will want to take your life in.
Here are some of the specific things that God can give you that will serve as good support structures for your life with the perfect plan that He will want to set you up with:
- All of the money you will need to be able to survive and function in this life
- All of the friends you will need to share the walk with
- Marriage and/or children if it is God’s perfect will that you get married in this life
- All of the shelter, supplies, equipment and materials you will need
- Doors supernaturally opening up for you when the time is right for your next promotion
- All of the favor you will need with others in order to be promoted to the next levels of service
Again, all of this can be given to you free of charge if you are willing to enter into this full surrender with the Lord and are willing to fully submit to His perfect plan for your life.
Here are 7 very powerful verses all showing you how God can supernaturally support you in this life.
- “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.” (Ephesians 3:20)
- “And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)
- “And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, have an abundance for every good work. (2 Corinthians 9:8-11)
- “But those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing.” (Psalm 34:11)
- “The Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.” (Psalm 84:11)
- “These forty years the Lord your God has been with you; you have lacked nothing.” (Deuteronomy 2:7)
- “Your garments did not wear out on you, nor did your feet swell these forty years.” (Deuteronomy 8:4)
Notice some of the intense wording that the Lord is using when He says that He will supply all of your needs, not just some or part of your needs – and that you will have an actual abundance and not lack any good thing for every good work that
He will set up for you to do for Him in this life. These are very powerful promises being given to us by the Lord through His Word.
The last two verses had to do when God was testing the Israelites in the wilderness for forty years in the story of Moses.
Notice that during those trying times that they had “lacked nothing,” that their garments “did not wear out” on them, nor did their feet ever swell on them during the course of the entire ordeal.
In other words, God had kept them properly supported during those trying times. And if God properly supported them, then He will also support you since He is no respecter of persons.
This dramatic story shows you that God can keep you properly supported through thick and thin, and during the most trying of times if you are willing to hold fast to Him and not bail out on Him with what He wants to do with your life.
All of these verses are telling us one thing – and that one thing is that major divine support is available for all of us from the Lord on whatever He will be calling us to do for Him in this life if we are willing to fully surrender to it!
Just as a car needs the power of the engine in order to be able to move itself forward, in the same way you will need God’s anointing and power flowing through you in order to become very good at whatever He will be calling you to do for Him.
If God calls you to be an evangelist, doctor, policeman, or an attorney, but does not anoint you with His supernatural power to be very good in those calls, then you will end up being only second best, if even that, and you will end up abnormally straining yourself trying to be very good in those positions and trying to make things work out properly.
However, when God’s anointing is properly flowing through you, it will become very easy to do what He wants you to do in these calls. But if you are not flowing in His anointing and you are only trying to make things work out from your own flesh, it will only be a matter of time before you start reaching dead ends in your own personal pursuits and everything ends up falling apart.
Whatever God calls you to do for Him in this life – He will make sure to anoint you with His power so that you can become very good at the position that He will be calling you to play on His team.
And again, God’s anointing can be given to you free of charge if you are willing to enter into this full surrender with Him.
Here are 25 very good verses all showing us that we have the power of the Holy Spirit Himself ready to flow through us so that we can fully accomplish all of the missions that God has in store for us in this life.
- “Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” (Luke 10:19)
- “Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases.” (Luke 9:1)
- “And He called the twelve to Him, and began to send them out two by two, and gave them power over unclean spirits … And they cast out many demons, and anointed with oil many who were sick, and healed them.” (Mark 6:7,13)
- “And when He had called His twelve disciples to Him, He gave them power over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease.” (Matthew 10:1)
- “But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.” (Matthew 10:6)
- “No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from me,” says the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17)
- “Through You we will push down our enemies; through Your name we will trample those who rise up against us. For I will not trust in my bow, nor shall my sword save me. But You have saved us from our enemies, and have put to shame those who hated us. In God we boast all day long, and praise Your name forever.” (Psalm 44:5)
- “For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.” (2 Chronicles 16:9)
- “… but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits.” (Daniel 11:32)
- “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts. (Zechariah 4:6)
- “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)
- “For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit …” (1 Thessalonians 1:5)
- “For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.” (1 Corinthians 4:20)
- “… in mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God …” (Romans 15:19)
- “Truly the signs of an apostle were accomplished among you with all perseverance, in signs and wonders and mighty deeds.” (2 Corinthians 12:12)
- “God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit …” (Hebrews 2:4)
- “And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen.” (Mark 16:20)
- “And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.” (Acts 4:33)
- “But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you …” (1 John 2:27)
- “But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.” (1 John 2:20)
- “Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles.” (Acts 2:43)
- “No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and of good courage …” (Joshua 1:5)
- “Blessed be the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle – my loving kindness and my fortress, my high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the One in whom I take refuge, who subdues my people under me.” (Psalm 144:1)
- “For You are my lamp, O Lord; the Lord shall enlighten my darkness. For by You I can run against a troop; by my God I can leap over a wall. As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.” (2 Samuel 22:29)
- “It is God who arms me with strength, and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of deer, and sets me on high places. He teaches my hands to make war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze … I have pursued my enemies and overtaken them; neither did I turn back again till they were destroyed. I have wounded them, so that they were not able to rise; they have fallen under my feet. For You have armed me with strength for the battle; You have subdued under me those who rose up against me.” (Psalm 18:32,37)
If God highly anointed the first set of apostles so they could embark on the dangerous missions they were called to undertake for Him, then God can do the exact same thing for you since He is no respecter of persons.
All of these verses are showing you the incredible supernatural power God can flow through you if you are willing to enter into this full surrendered walk with Him.
Last, but certainly not least, is God’s guidance system for our lives – and that guidance system is the Holy Spirit Himself.
Just as you will never be able to get to where you want to go with a car without being able to properly steer the car in the right directions, in the same way, you will never be able to make it into the divine calls and opportunities that God has in store for your life if you are not willing to be led by the Holy Spirit on exactly how to get there.
If there is one major thing that gets fully surrendered, Spirit-filled Christians into major trouble with the Lord and the direction that He wants to take their lives in, it has to be their refusal to be led by the Holy Spirit in their daily lives.
I recently had a very solid Christian man, who does very heavy full time ministry work for the Lord, tell me that he has met very few Christians in his life who are truly following the leadings of the Holy Spirit on any kind of regular basis.
Most of the Christians he has met and worked with in his field are still walking and working in the flesh rather than trying to walk in the Spirit and follow His specific leadings on a regular-daily basis.
As you will see in the first verse I will list below, the Bible makes it very clear that we have to be led by the Holy Spirit in this life.
If you do not, or you are not willing to do so out of direct disobedience to the Lord, then you will never accomplish whatever God’s perfect will would have been for your life, and your life will then end up being all for naught and a total waste of time as far as the Lord is concerned when you come to the final end of it.
If God is willing to enter you into His perfect plan for your life, anoint you with His divine power in order that you can become very successful in that call, and protect you and support you as you embark on that call – but then you refuse to follow the leadings of His Holy Spirit on a daily basis – then sooner or later God will pull back His anointing, His support, and His divine protection on your life – and you will then end up falling all the way down to the bottom of the mountain, possibly never getting another chance to climb to the top of that mountain ever again.
Just as a car needs all four of the above factors in operation in order to be able to safely drive you and get you to where you want to go with it, in the same way we have to have all of God’s guidance, protection, support, and power flowing through our lives if we are ever going to be able to leave any kind of personal mark in this world in the divine assignments that He will be calling us to do for Him in this life.
Here are 20 very powerful verses showing us the extreme importance that we all learn how to be led by the Lord through the Holy Spirit on a regular, daily basis.
- “For as many are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God.” (Romans 8:14)
- “The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord …” (Psalm 37:23)
- “O Lord, I know the way of a man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps.” (Jeremiah 10:23)
- “There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.” (Proverbs 14:12)
- “A man’s steps are of the Lord. How then can a man understand his own way?” (Proverbs 20:24)
- “A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.” (Proverbs 16:9)
- “Direct my steps by Your word, and let no iniquity have dominion over me.” (Psalm 119:133)
- “Therefore be followers of God as dear children.” (Ephesians 5:1)
- “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.” (John 10:27)
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5)
- “The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.” (Psalm 23:1)
- Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: “I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you by the way you should go.” (Isaiah 48:17)
- “Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation …” (Psalm 25:4)
- “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.” (Psalm 32:8)
- “Teach me Your way, O Lord, and lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.” (Psalm 27:11)
- “The Lord will guide you continually …” (Isaiah 58:11)
- “For this is God, our God forever and ever; He will be our guide even to death.” (Psalm 48:14)
- “Moreover You led them by day with a cloudy pillar, and by night with a pillar of fire, to give them light on the road which they should travel.” (Nehemiah 9:12)
- “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned, every one, to his own way …” (Isaiah 53:6)
- “Therefore you shall be careful to do as the Lord Your God has commanded you; You shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left.” (Deuteronomy 5:32)
Notice that in every single one of these verses that we are to follow directly after the Lord and His desires for our life.
We are not to follow after our own wills, our own desires, or the wills or desires of anyone else in this life.
God, and God alone, is the Captain of our ship and the Shepherd of our souls. We are to follow Him and Him alone, no matter how much someone else may try and persuade you otherwise.
Follow God and the divine path that He has set up for you to follow in this life, and you will enter into true abundant life on this earth. Follow your own path or the paths that others will want you to take, and your life will eventually end in corruption and death.
Per our article titled, “Trials and Tribulations – the Testing of Your Faith,” this life can get downright rough, vicious, and nasty at times.
As I have stated in that article, every single person, including every single born-again Christian, will have to face and engage with a certain amount of trials and tribulations in this life – with absolutely no exceptions to this cold, hard fact and reality as a result of the Adamic curse that is still in full operation on this earth.
However, you can either keep a lot of this adversity from ever coming your way in the first place, or you can successfully engage with and overcome many of these trials if you are willing to walk in this full surrender with Lord.
With God’s full protection, power, support, and guidance operating in your life, many of these storm clouds can either be taken out before they ever attempt to come your way, or they can be totally defeated and overcome if God wants you to take some of these storm clouds head on like David did with Goliath.
So the next time you are faced with any kinds of obstacles, difficulties, or roadblocks in your life, remember this car analogy.
If you are truly walking in a full surrender with the Lord and you are faithfully following Him on a daily basis – expect God’s incredible, divine, support system by way of His divine protection, power, support, and guidance to help keep you afloat, help keep you alive, and eventually get you through the trial or difficulty with a complete victory.