God’s People Are Destroyed For Lack of Knowledge
These next two verses are extreme – and I mean extreme!
These two verses are telling us that God’s people are literally, and I mean literally, being destroyed for lack of knowledge. The second verse below says that God’s people can literally go into captivity as a result of not having the right amount of knowledge about something.
God the Father is giving all of us a major warning with the way that He has these two verses worded. A perfect example of these two verses in actual operation are the Muslim suicide bombers.
Many of these suicide bombers are young children. They have been brought up being brainwashed by the extremist element of Islam, and they really do think they are going straight to heaven if they are willing to blow themselves up and anyone else they can take with them.
This is a perfect example of these young children being led into “captivity” as a result of not having the appropriate knowledge to fully understand what they are getting into in the first place.
And then when they actually do take their own lives in these suicide bombings, they are literally being “destroyed” as a result of this lack of knowledge.
That is why seeking after the true knowledge of God in this life is so important with all the crazy and demonic things that are going on in this world. Having God’s specific knowledge on a wide variety of matters is what can keep you from getting entangled into something that could end up turning very deadly on you.
These next two verses should be burned into your memory banks so that you never, ever forget what the Lord is trying to tell us.
- “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.” (Hosea 4:6)
- “Therefore My people have gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge …” (Isaiah 5:13)
If these two verses are telling us that not having the knowledge of God operating in our lives could literally lead us into getting into some kind of captivity – not to mention the possibility of getting killed or thrown into the pits of hell when we die – then the reverse is also true – that having the knowledge of God operating in your life can help keep you out of serious trouble, help keep you free, and possibly help lengthen the number of days that you can live down here on this earth.
This is part 4 of our 19 part series on Seeking After The Knowledge of God.
1. An Introduction to the “Seek After The Knowledge of God”
2. Growing in the Knowledge of God
3. The Fear of the Lord is the Beginning of Receiving Knowledge and Wisdom
4. Destroyed For Lack Of Knowledge
5. Knowledge and Wisdom Are Better Than All the Material Things of This World
6. Knowledge, Understanding and Wisdom
7. All Knowledge and Wisdom Comes Direct From God
8. The Holy Spirit is our Helper, Teacher, and Guide
9. Seeking After the Knowledge of God
10. Knowledge and Wisdom Will Help Keep You Safe
11. In the Multitude of Counselors There is Safety
12. Use the Knowledge That God Will Give You
13. Walk With Other Wise Men
14. A Wise Man Will Not Show Partiality in Judgment
15. Stay Humble When God Does Start to Release His Knowledge to You
16. Knowledge Will Increase Sorrow and Grief
17. The Wisdom of This World is Foolishness With God
18. Dont Cease Listening to Instruction
19. The Story of King Solomon