As Christians, one of the most important things we need to fully understand is the grace of God.
As you will see in the Scripture verses I will list below, there are two main definitions as to what the grace of God is all about. The best way to look at this revelation is to look at it like you are looking at a two-sided coin.
On the one side of the coin the grace of God is the “unmerited favor and mercy” of God. This is the grace that we are saved by with the Lord.
As you will see in the first verse I will list below, we are saved by “grace” through our faith in Jesus Christ.
The second definition of the word grace, which will be the other side of this same coin, is that the grace of God is referring to the divine life, power, and ability of God flowing and operating through us.
This second aspect of God’s grace is the kind of grace we will need to properly function and operate in whatever He is going to call us to do for Him in this life.
This same kind of divine power is also needed in our sanctification in the Lord, along with being needed to help us overcome different types of sins and temptations. In order that you can have this revelation of grace as a two-sided coin, here are the two sides of grace and exactly what is in each of these two sides:
- The unmerited favor, mercy, compassion, acceptance, kindness, graciousness, goodwill, and divine assistance of God.
- The divine life, power, and ability of God flowing and operating through us in order to give us the supernatural power and ability for ministry and sanctification
Here is how grace is specifically defined by some of the different Bible Dictionaries:
- Unmerited favor, mercy, compassion
- Undeserved blessing, a free gift
- Gods loving mercy toward mankind
- Favor, graciousness, kindness, beauty, pleasantness
- God’s disposition to exercise goodwill toward His creatures
- Synonymous with the gospel of God’s gift of unmerited salvation in Jesus Christ
- Favor or kindness shown without regard to the worth or merit of the one who receives it and in spite of what that same person deserves
- Undeserved acceptance and love received from another, especially the characteristic attitude of God in providing salvation to sinners
- The gift of God as expressed in His actions of extending mercy, loving-kindness and salvation to people
- Unmerited divine assistance given man for his regeneration or sanctification
- The power and equipment for ministry
I will break these Scripture verses down under 11 different captions so that you can fully grasp and understand what God is trying to reveal to us in these incredibly profound verses.
These Scripture verses are giving you a major key in being able to understand the basics of your eternal salvation in the Lord, along with showing you how God can impart His divine power through you so as to enable you to live a victorious and overcoming life in Him.
This is basic 101 information and knowledge that all Christians should have a firm and solid grasp on so that you cannot only have it for your own personal storehouse of knowledge in the Lord, but so you can also have it to be able to teach and educate other Christians who do not have a full understanding of this revelation from the Lord. Study these verses very carefully and meditate on the revelation that God is trying to reveal to us.
If you can fully grasp what the Lord is trying to show us in these major power verses, you will then walk away with a full understanding of the basics of your own personal salvation in the Lord – along with having the knowledge on how to get God to release more of His grace into your life so that you can then learn how to live this life as a good and mighty soldier of Jesus Christ.
I have broken the rest of this article into 11 different sections that will lead to it’s own article.
An Introduction to the “Understanding The Grace Of God”
1. We Are Saved by “Grace” Through Faith in Jesus Christ
2. Grace is the Power and Ability of God Operating Through Us
3. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Grace
4. The Grace of God Was Upon Jesus Christ
5. The Grace of God Was Upon the Apostle Paul
6. Let Your Speech Always Be With Grace
7. Do Not Abuse the Grace of God
8. Stay Humble With the Grace That God Will Give You
9. Do Not Receive the Grace of God in Vain
10. Continue in the Grace of God
11. How to Receive the Grace of God