Once you start to seek after the knowledge of God for your life, one of the ways that God will communicate His knowledge to you is through other people. Sometimes you will receive the knowledge that you are looking for direct from God Himself.
Other times it may come from a particular Scripture verse you may be meditating on.
But at other times, God will communicate His knowledge to you through other people. A good example of this is when you receive words of knowledge and wisdom through an anointed teacher of His Word such as your pastor who is teaching the Word in Sunday service or hearing one of God’s teachers on one of the Christian TV stations.
What you will find start to happen to you is that words or revelations coming from others will “jump” at you.
This is the Holy Spirit “quickening” these words to you in order to help give you His knowledge and wisdom on something that you may be dealing with or searching after.
Once you start to enter into this kind of journey with the Lord – you really have to keep your radars up each and every day as you never know when, where, how, or through whom God will release His knowledge to you.
This is why the knowledge game is so much fun to play with the Lord. God loves variety and spontaneity, and He will give you His knowledge and wisdom in many different ways and through many different sources. But always remember – the Holy Bible will always be your main source of spiritual knowledge and wisdom in this life.
When God does want to communicate His knowledge direct to you through other people – one of the things that God will arrange for you to have is access to other good, solid Christians who you can discuss things out with.
Here are four very fascinating Scripture verses telling us that there is safety in the multitude of counselors, that without appropriate counsel with others our plans can go awry, and that we are to wage war by having wise counsel with others.
- “A wise man is strong, yes, a man of knowledge increases strength; for by wise counsel you will wage your own war, and in a multitude of counselors there is safety.” (Proverbs 24:5)
- “Without counsel, plans go awry, but in the multitude of counselors they are established.” (Proverbs 15:22)
- “Every purpose is established by counsel; by wise counsel wage war.” (Proverbs 20:18)
- “Where there is no counsel, the people fall; but in the multitude of counselors there is safety.” (Proverbs 11:14)
The Bible tells us that all men will only “know in part” with what knowledge we can get from the Lord down here on this earth. As a result, no one will ever have all of the answers to everything in this life.
By having a group of other solid Christian friends you can chew things out with – you will help keep each other up and sharp in the Lord, help keep one another humble and accountable in your walk with the Lord, along with being able to learn from one another.
This is part 11 of our 19 part series on Seeking After The Knowledge of God.
1. An Introduction to the “Seek After The Knowledge of God”
2. Growing in the Knowledge of God
3. The Fear of the Lord is the Beginning of Receiving Knowledge and Wisdom
4. Destroyed For Lack Of Knowledge
5. Knowledge and Wisdom Are Better Than All the Material Things of This World
6. Knowledge, Understanding and Wisdom
7. All Knowledge and Wisdom Comes Direct From God
8. The Holy Spirit is our Helper, Teacher, and Guide
9. Seeking After the Knowledge of God
10. Knowledge and Wisdom Will Help Keep You Safe
11. In the Multitude of Counselors There is Safety
12. Use the Knowledge That God Will Give You
13. Walk With Other Wise Men
14. A Wise Man Will Not Show Partiality in Judgment
15. Stay Humble When God Does Start to Release His Knowledge to You
16. Knowledge Will Increase Sorrow and Grief
17. The Wisdom of This World is Foolishness With God
18. Dont Cease Listening to Instruction
19. The Story of King Solomon