These next set of verses are the heart and soul of this entire subject matter. All of these verses are telling us that all knowledge and all wisdom comes direct from God and Jesus.
The first verse will tell us that all the “treasures” of wisdom and knowledge are “hidden” in God the Father and Jesus Christ. Notice that God is comparing knowledge and wisdom with “treasures,” and that this treasure is hidden within Himself.
This means that God and Jesus are the source of all godly knowledge, and that we first have to seek after the source in order to get this knowledge to be released to us.
Here are some of the most profound verses in all of Scripture showing us that not only is God the source of all godly knowledge and wisdom – but that He actually wants to release this knowledge to us!
- “… both of the Father and of Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.” (Colossians 2:2)
- “Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out! … For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.” (Romans 11:33,36)
- “For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding; He stores up sound wisdom for the upright …” (Proverbs 2:6)
- Daniel answered and said: “Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, for wisdom and might are His. And He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and raises up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding. He reveals deep and secret things; He knows what is in the darkness, and light dwells with Him.” (Daniel 2:20)
- “Can you search out the deep things of God? Can you find out the limits of the Almighty? They are higher than heaven – what can you do? Deeper than Sheol – what can you know? Their measure is longer than the earth and broader than the sea.” (Job 11:7)
- ‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’ (Jeremiah 33:3)
- “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.” (Matthew 13:11)
- “… that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe …” (Ephesians 1:17)
- “Surely the Lord God does nothing, unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets.” (Amos 3:7)
- “But there is a God in heaven who reveals secrets …” (Daniel 2:28)
- Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:31)
All of these verses are telling us that all things, including all knowledge and all wisdom, comes direct from God the Father. These verses are showing us that not only is God the source of all knowledge and wisdom – but that He actually wants to release this knowledge direct to us. He wants to show and reveal great and mighty things to us.
He wants to tell us deep and secret things that the average person will not have access to.
And not only will God give you His knowledge, but He will also make sure to give you the understanding of that knowledge and the wisdom to be able to actually use it! All of this can be given to you free of charge.
All you have to do is be willing to seek after it, and then seek to fully understand it and how it can apply to the different areas of your life.
The last verse is Jesus telling us that if we will “abide in His word” – then we will have the ability to know the truth, and then the truth will be able to make us free. In other words, if you are willing to abide in the Bible, which is His Word, and seek to understand what you are reading – then you will be fully loaded with an incredible amount of knowledge and truth covering a wide variety of matters and issues in your life.
And once you have God’s truth on many different areas in your life, then that truth will help make you free because you will no longer be bound up with wrong thinking!
However, notice Jesus says that we have to “abide” in His Word in order to be able to get these truths worked into us. Abiding means that you are willing to spend some kind of good, regular, quality time in reading the Bible for yourself and then seeking to understand and implement these truths in your everyday walk with Him.
All of the above verses are giving us an incredible revelation in that God and Jesus are only too anxious to release Their storehouse of knowledge to us if we would only be willing to do our part by seeking after it.
This is part 7 of our 19 part series on Seeking After The Knowledge of God.
1. An Introduction to the “Seek After The Knowledge of God”
2. Growing in the Knowledge of God
3. The Fear of the Lord is the Beginning of Receiving Knowledge and Wisdom
4. Destroyed For Lack Of Knowledge
5. Knowledge and Wisdom Are Better Than All the Material Things of This World
6. Knowledge, Understanding and Wisdom
7. All Knowledge and Wisdom Comes Direct From God
8. The Holy Spirit is our Helper, Teacher, and Guide
9. Seeking After the Knowledge of God
10. Knowledge and Wisdom Will Help Keep You Safe
11. In the Multitude of Counselors There is Safety
12. Use the Knowledge That God Will Give You
13. Walk With Other Wise Men
14. A Wise Man Will Not Show Partiality in Judgment
15. Stay Humble When God Does Start to Release His Knowledge to You
16. Knowledge Will Increase Sorrow and Grief
17. The Wisdom of This World is Foolishness With God
18. Dont Cease Listening to Instruction
19. The Story of King Solomon