Battle Verses To Use Against Demonic Spirits
In our article, “Battle Verses of the Bible,” we list 100 of the very best battle verses in all of the Bible that would cover literally any kind of battle situation you could find yourself facing in this life.
As we have said in that article, our God is a powerful Man of War and He will not hesitate to go into battle to help you out if you are walking in a good full surrender with Him.
In this article, I want to give you the specific battle verses that you will need when dealing direct with any kind of demonic spirits – whether they be attacking you direct or anyone else you may know.
These battle verses can be used in any kind of a deliverance you may find yourself involved in, whether it be trying to do a self-deliverance against any demons who may be attacking you direct, or using them to drive off any demons who may be attacking someone else.
Again, I cannot stress enough how powerful these specific battle verses are. Each one of these battle verses will put the fear of God into these demons and really help you being able to completely drive them out of whatever kind of situation you may be dealing with on your end – whether these demons be attacking someone from the outside of their bodies or from the inside of their bodies.
The Holy Spirit Himself will move very powerfully against these demons if you start quoting these kinds of battle verses directly against them.
Use these extremely powerful battle verses in conjunction with the power of the Holy Spirit acting through you, and no demon from hell will be able to withstand this kind of an onslaught.
I will break these specific battle verses down under 5 separate captions so you can easily pick and choose which ones you will want to use, depending on exactly what you are dealing with on your own end.
There are a total of 80 of these verses, and they will cover any kind of situation you could find yourself facing with demonic spirits.
1. Satan and His Demons Have Already Been Defeated by Jesus at the Cross
The very first thing you will need to know is that Satan, his demons, and all of their supernatural powers have been totally defeated by Jesus when He died on the cross for all of us.
Here are 6 extremely powerful verses that you will need to have underneath your belt if you are ever forced to have to deal with any kind of a direct demonic attack – either against yourself or anyone else you may know.
Demons hate, and I mean hate, every single one of these verses, as they are all a constant reminder to each and everyone of them that they are all defeated and that they have no chance against any true, born-again Christian who knows who they really are in Jesus Christ, who knows how to wield the Sword of the Holy Spirit, and who knows how to walk with the anointing that God can flow through them.
- “… that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.” (Hebrews 2:14)
- “He has delivered us from the power of darkness and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.” (Colossians 1:13)
- “Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.” (Colossians 2:15)
- “For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.” (1 John 3:8)
- “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.” (Revelation 12:11)
- “Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a servant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.Therefore God has also highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven and of those on earth, and those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” (Philippians 2:5-11)
Notice these 4 key phrases:
- Jesus fully destroyed the devil and all of his works through His death on the cross
- Jesus has fully delivered us from the power of darkness
- Jesus has fully disarmed principalities and powers
- That every knee shall bow to Jesus, including those who under the earth, which are demons
These extremely powerful statements being made to all of us by God through His Holy Word are all full and final.
As a result of Jesus dying on the cross for all of our sins, we have now received the Holy Spirit.
As a result of having the Holy Spirit now living on the inside of us, we now have God’s supernatural power available to us to defeat any demons who may try to come against us in this life.
Demons are defeated and cast out by the Word of God and by the power of the Holy Spirit moving against them.
And this will now lead us right to the next section, which will show us that Jesus Christ Himself has now given us His full authority and His full power to be able to cast demons out of people.
2. Jesus Has Given Us His Authority and Power to Cast Out Demons
When directly engaging with demons, the next set of battle verses you will need are the ones that will show you that Jesus Christ Himself has given us His direct authority and power to be able to directly engage with them and cast them out of anyone they may be living in.
Here are 38 extremely powerful verses showing the supernatural power we now have as born-again Christians to be able to directly engage with any demons who may ever come our way in this life.
- And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved, but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe. In my name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues, they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick and they will recover.” (Mark 16:15-18)
- “But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ “Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.” (Matthew 10:6-8)
- “And He called the twelve to Him, and began to send them out two by two, and gave them power over unclean spirits … And they cast out many demons, and anointed with oil many who were sick, and healed them.” (Mark 6:7,13)
- “And when He had called His twelve disciples to Him, He gave them power over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease.” (Matthew 10:1)
- “But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ “Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.” (Matthew 10:6-8)
- “Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases. He sent them to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.” (Luke 9:1)
- “Then Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit to Galilee … the Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor, He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.” (Luke 4:14-18)
- “But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you …” (1 John 2:27)
- “But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.” (1 John 2:20)
- “No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from me,” says the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17)
- “Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.” (James 4:7)
- “Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” (Luke 10:19)
- “Through You we will push down our enemies; through Your name we will trample those who rise up against us. For I will not trust in my bow, nor shall my sword save me. But You have saved us from our enemies, and have put to shame those who hated us. In God we boast all day long, and praise Your name forever.” (Psalm 44:5)
- “For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.” (2 Chronicles 16:9)
- “… but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits.” (Daniel 11:32)
- “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts. (Zechariah 4:6)
- “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)
- “For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit …” (1 Thessalonians 1:5)
- “For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.” (1 Corinthians 4:20)
- “… in mighty signs and wonders , by the power of the Spirit of God …” (Romans 15:19)
- “Truly the signs of an apostle were accomplished among you with all perseverance, in signs and wonders and mighty deeds.” (2 Corinthians 12:12)
- “Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles.” (Acts 2:43)
- “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13)
- “The Lord is my strength and my shield …” (Psalm 28:7)
- “In the day when I cried out, You answered me, and made me bold with strength in my soul.” (Psalm 138:3)
- “O God, You are more awesome than Your holy places. The God of Israel is He who gives strength and power to His people.” (Psalm 68:35)
- “He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength.” (Isaiah 40:29)
- “For the Lord will be your confidence, and will keep your foot from being caught.” (Proverbs 3:26)
- “Yet the righteous will hold to his way, and he who has clean hands will be stronger and stronger.” (Job 17:9)
- “They shall walk after the Lord. He will roar like a lion. When He roars, then His sons shall come trembling from the west …” (Hosea 11:10)
- “No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and of good courage …” (Joshua 1:5)
- “Blessed be the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle – my lovingkindness and my fortress, my high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the One in whom I take refuge, who subdues my people under me.” (Psalm 144:1)
- “For You are my lamp, O Lord; the Lord shall enlighten my darkness. For by You I can run against a troop; by my God I can leap over a wall. As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.” (2 Samuel 22:29)
- “It is God who arms me with strength, and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of deer, and sets me on high places. He teaches my hands to make war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze … I have pursued my enemies and overtaken them; neither did I turn back again till they were destroyed. I have wounded them, so that they were not able to rise; they have fallen under my feet. For You have armed me with strength for the battle; You have subdued under me those who rose up against me.” (Psalm 18:32,37)
- “For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.” (Ephesians 6:12)
- “Or else how can one enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strongman? And then he will plunder his house.” (Matthew 12:29)
- “And I will give you the the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” (Matthew 16:19)
- “Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints …” (Ephesians 6:13-18)
When you read all of these verses, one right after the other, you get the message loud and clear that God really does want to anoint all of us for battle and not to be afraid of it once He starts to do it with each one of us. The very last verse says it all when it tells us that God wants to fully arm us for battle, and then goes as far as to tell us exactly what He wants to arm us with.
There are captives out there that need to be set free – and God needs soldiers who will be willing to go behind enemy lines from time to time to try and rescue some of these captives. As Baptist deliverance minister Don Dickerman has said in his excellent new book, “When Pigs move In,” God needs an army, not an audience.
3. God Will Fight For You
These next set of verses will show us how God Himself will come to our aid and help us fight our battles when the enemy is coming directly after us. And sometimes that enemy will be real, live, demonic spirits.
The first two verses are major, and I mean major power verses, as they will show us that not only is our God a powerful Man of War, but that He can actually be stirred up to go into battle for us. And if God is for us and will help fight our battles for us, then who could possibly be against us – including any demonic spirits who may try and come against us.
Here are 24 major power verses that you can use against any demons who may attempt to come directly against you in this life. These verses again, will put the absolute fear of God into these demons, and they will help drive them off you or anyone else you may be trying to deliver from their evil grip.
- “The Lord is a man of war; the Lord is His name … Your Right Hand, O Lord, has become glorious in power; Your right hand, O Lord, has dashed the enemy in pieces. And in the greatness of Your excellence you have overthrown those who rose against You; You sent forth Your wrath which consumed them like stubble.” (Exodus 15:3,6)
- “The Lord shall go forth like a mighty man; He shall stir up His zeal like a man of war. He shall cry out, yes, shout aloud; He shall prevail against His enemies.” (Isaiah 42:13)
- “I will go before you and make the crooked paths straight; I will break in pieces the gates of bronze and cut the bars of iron.” (Isaiah 45:2)
- “Therefore understand today the Lord your God is He who goes before you as a consuming fire. He will destroy them and bring them down before you; so you shall drive them out and destroy them quickly, as the Lord has said to you.” (Deuteronomy 9:3)
- “The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.” (Exodus 14:14)
- “Do not be afraid of their faces, for I am with you to deliver you,” says the Lord. (Jeremiah 1:8)
- “Be strong and courageous; do not be afraid nor dismayed before the king of Assyria, nor before all the multitude that is with him; for there are more with us than with him. With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the Lord our God, to help us and to fight our battles.” (2 Chronicles 32:7)
- “The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, and will say, ‘Destroy!’ ” (Deuteronomy 33:27)
- “But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one.” (2 Thessalonians 3:3)
- “And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom.” (2 Timothy 4:18)
- “If God is for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31)
- “When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him.” (Isaiah 59:19)
- “Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven with the saving strength of His right hand.” (Psalm 20:6)
- “Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and You right hand will save me. The Lord will perfect that which concerns me …” (Psalm 138:7)
- “The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles.” (Psalm 34:17)
- “For you shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight; for the Lord will go before you, and the God of Israel will be your rear guard.” (Isaiah 52:12)
- Do not say, “I will recompense evil;” Wait for the Lord, and He will save you.” (Proverbs 20:22)
- “Many a time they have afflicted me from my youth; yet they have not prevailed against me … The Lord is righteous; He has cut in pieces the cords of the wicked.” (Psalm 129:2)
- “Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He has broken the gates of bronze, and cut the bars of iron in two.” (Psalm 107:15-16)
- “God is a just judge, and God is angry with the wicked every day. If He does not turn back, He will sharpen His sword; He bends His bow and makes it ready. He also prepares for Himself instruments of death; He makes His arrows into fiery shafts.” (Psalm 7:11)
- “He will guard the feet of His saints, but the wicked shall be silent in darkness. For by strength no man shall prevail. The adversaries of the Lord shall be broken in pieces; from heaven He will thunder against them. The Lord will judge the ends of the earth. He will give strength to His king, and exalt the horn of His anointed. (1 Samuel 2:9)
- “The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies.” (Psalm 18:2)
- “But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; He is their strength in time of trouble. And the Lord shall help them and deliver them; He shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in Him.” (Psalm 37:39)
- “And the devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.” (Revelation 20:10)
Again, when you read all of these verses one right after the other, you can really feel the power and seriousness that is on each one of them, and how hard God is trying to drive home the point that He will really come to our aid and help fight our battles for us if we will just call upon Him.
4. God Will Dry Up the Waters of the Enemy
One of the strategies I will be talking about in an upcoming article is how God will dry up the waters of the enemy. Waters are very important to both God and demons in the spiritual realm.
In reference to the Holy Spirit, Jesus tells us in John 7:38 that out of our heart will flow rivers of living water. And the Word of God itself is compared to water in Ephesians 5:26, where it says that “with the washing of water by the word.”
In the same way, demons are also looking for water in which to feed and drink from in the spiritual realm. The verse that gives us this key piece of revelation is found in Matthew 12:43. This verse says that when demons leave a person they had been in, they go through “dry places,” and “seeking rest,” they find “none.” Here is this direct verse:
“When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none. Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order.” (Matthew 12:43)
Notice that these demons are not finding rest in the dry places they are going through after they had just left a person. If they are not finding rest in those dry places, then that tells you they do not like dry places. And if they do not like dry places, then that tells you they like places that will give them some kind of water.
And once they enter into a person because of the appropriate legal rights being given to them, they will then start to feed and drink from the water that is already on the inside of the person. And what is the water they are drinking from on the inside of that person?
It is the legal rights that allowed them entrance into this person in the first place. This is why once you break all of their legal rights, you will dry up all of their waters. And once you dry up all of their waters, you will severely weaken them and they will have nothing else left to be able to feed and drink from.
Weaken the demons with these kinds of additional strategies, and they will then be much easier to cast out once you start to directly engage with them.
Here are some verses from back in the OT that will show you that this was one of the warfare strategies that God the Father used from time to time against some of the enemies that Israel had to face.
- “A drought is against her waters, and they will be dried up. For it is the land of carved images, and they are insane with their idols.” (Jeremiah 50:38)
- “Therefore thus says the Lord: Behold, I will plead your case and take vengeance for you. I will dry up her sea and make her springs dry. Babylon shall become a heap, a dwelling place for jackals, an astonishment and a hissing, without an inhabitant.” (Jeremiah 51:36-37)
- “The waters will fail from the sea, and the river will be wasted and dried up. The rivers will turn foul, and the brooks of defense will be emptied and dried up; the reeds and rushes will wither.” (Isaiah 19:5-6)
- “The Lord has His way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of His feet. He rebukes the sea and makes it dry, and dries up all the rivers. Basham and Carmel wither, and the flower of Lebanon wilts.” (Nahum 1:3-4)
- “When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none. Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order. Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation.” (Matthew 12: 43-45)
This particular strategy will be talked about in more depth in an upcoming heavy article on how to cast out demons who are on the inside of a person.
5. Battle Angels Will Help Protect Us and Fight for Us
Not only will God Himself help fight our battles for us, especially against demonic spirits, but these next set of verses will show us that His battle angels will also help protect us and fight for us when needed.
As such, you can simply ask God to station these battle angels around you when you get ready to directly engage with any demons who may be trying to come against you. These war angels will not only come to help protect you, but at times they can also war directly against the demons themselves – all on your behalf.
- “The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them.” (Psalm 34:7)
- “For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.” (Psalm 91:11)
- “And let the angel of the Lord chase him … And let the angel of the Lord pursue them … Let the destruction come upon him unexpectedly.” (Psalm 35:5-8)
- “Behold, I sent an Angel before you to keep you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared.” (Exodus 23:20)
- “Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?” (Hebrews 1:14)
- “For Satan himself transforms himself into an ANGEL OF LIGHT. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.” (2 Corinthians 11:14)
- “Beloved, do not believe every spirit, BUT TEST THE SPIRITS, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.” (1 John 4:1-4)
The last two verses will help warn us that Satan and his demons can try and come to us acting like they are one of God’s angels. If an angel were all of a sudden to ever appear to you, you have to properly test him to make sure that he is one of God’s angels.
The way you do it is by asking him to confess out to you that Jesus Christ has already come to our earth in the flesh. A demon will not be able to make that kind of a confession to you. If the angel fails this test, then just command it to immediately leave you in the name of Jesus Christ.
Again, we cannot emphasize strongly enough how powerful all of these battle verses are when having to deal direct with any kind of demonic spirits. Jesus has already totally defeated Satan and all of his demons at the cross. All of these battle verses are a constant reminder to every single demon who is still roaming in the air that they are already defeated.
By using these types of battle verses against demons, you will show them the following three things:
- That you mean serious business with them
- That you know who you really are in Jesus Christ
- And that they will be no match against you if they try to stay and fight – as you will have both the Word of God, the power of the Holy Spirit, and some of God’s battle angels by your side to be able to fight directly against them and totally defeat them
Again, these battle verses will give you all of the major live ammunition that you will ever need to be able to totally defeat any demons who may ever come your way in this life.
Remember, it is the Word of God and the power of the Holy Spirit moving against the demons that will drive them out of whatever situation you are currently dealing with.
Also, if you would like to draw up your own personal battle prayer like we have done in many of our testimonies, you can just simply cut and paste which battle verses you would like to use on a word document, and then form out your own personal battle prayer so you can directly engage with them.