For those of you who want to learn how to war directly against demonic spirits, whether they be attacking you direct or someone else you are going to want to help out, the very first thing you are going to need to get a strong grip on is what I call the fright factor.
The first thing demons will try and do with you once you attempt to come directly against them in the name of Jesus is to try and literally scare the pants right off you. And unless you know who you really are in your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they may just be able to scare you away from being able to cast them off either yourself or someone else you are attempting to deliver from their evil grip.
Over the years, I would say at least 75% of all the Christians I have met would simply be too afraid to directly engage with any demons if they ever came across them in this life.
Even though they already knew they had the power of the Holy Spirit on the inside of them to be able to directly engage and totally defeat any demons who would come against them, they said just the fear alone of having to deal with that kind of pure evil would simply be too much for many of them, and they would prefer to let someone else do this kind of work for the Lord.
As a result, the Body of Christ has a major shortage of Christians who really know how to deliver someone from demons. Over and over again, we keep receiving emails from people all over the world who are looking for help in this area, and they literally cannot find one single person close to where they live at, including many of the local churches they are still attending.
And I have to believe that one of the main reasons they cannot find anyone in their areas is because too many Christians are simply too afraid to do this kind of work for the Lord, even though Jesus Himself has told us in the Great Commission command that He wanted all of us to cast out demons when it will be needed.
Even though you already know about some of the other verses in the Bible about having no fear in your walk with the Lord, what you need to know in this realm so you do not let major fear overtake you and paralyze you is exactly why you should have no fear of any demon. And this is exactly what these verses are going to give you – exactly why you should have no fear of any demon, no matter how big, nasty, and evil he may be.
The Bible says the truth will set you free – but you first have to know exactly what that truth is and fully understand that truth it before it will be able to set you completely free. And these 17 very special verses will be giving you this major divine truth direct from the Lord Himself so His truth can set you free from any major fears you may have on engaging with any demons in this life.
Again, we do not want to try and place any major guilt trips on anyone for not wanting to do this kind of work for the Lord, but we have seen first-hand what demons can do to people once they launch a full-scale attack against them. In the Testimonies Section of our site, we have several bone-chilling accounts of demons trying to get 4 people to take their own lives.
Two cases in particular are “Suicide Attack#2” and “Suicide Attack on a 6 Year Old Girl.”
In both of these cases, demons were trying to get a 6 year old girl and a young teenage girl to take their own lives. And had their own mothers not stepped into the gap and directly engaged with these demons, they might have been able to get one or both of these girls to actually take their own lives, as the pressure they were applying on both of these girls was very severe.
In the testimony titled, “Suicide Attack #2,” the mother told me she was scared to death of having to deal direct with any demons. But when her daughter came up to her one day and told her she was hearing voices inside of her head telling her to kill herself, and then she goes the next step and literally starts cutting on herself with a knife, her mother knew she had no other alternative but to directly engage with these demons, since the girl’s natural father was no longer around to do this.
In both of these cases, the demons were driven off both these girls very quickly and very easily on the very first attempt by both mothers. That is how much power and authority we have in Jesus, and that is why we should never be afraid to directly engage with these demons when they do move in for an attack on someone.
The Bible tells us that before the devil will flee from us, that we have to “resist” him. Resisting the devil means you stand and hold your ground, and directly fight and engage with him.
You do not sit there and let him beat you down.
The apostle Paul himself could not have said it any better when he told us that we do not “wrestle” against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers, which are demons and demon powers.
And again, notice the key word he is using in this verse – that we have to “wrestle” against these demons, which once again means we have to fight and directly engage with them once they start to come after us.
Once again, here are these two, key, powerful verses so you can see very clearly what the Lord wants all of us to do when having to face any demons in this life.
- “Therefore submit to God. RESIST THE DEVIL and he will flee from you.” (James 4:7)
- “For we do not WRESTLE against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.” (Ephesians 6:12)
If Jesus is giving us His divine power and authority to cast out demons, then you know this is something we should not be afraid to do for Him when it will need to be done.
The Scripture Verses
For those of you who are battling any kind of major fear on dealing with demons, let me give you these 17 very special verses that will fully explain for you why you should not have any major fear of demons. If and when you ever have to directly engage with any demons, pull these verses out and really study and meditate on them.
Get the knowledge and revelation they are giving you worked into your mind and belief system with the Lord, so you will have no doubt that you are already dealing with a defeated foe. Demons will have absolutely no power against you if you know who you really are in Jesus, and are not afraid to use the power and authority that He has already given to you.
I will go ahead and run all of these powerful verses together, and then I will point out to you exactly what the Lord is trying to show you. Even though many of these verses are in some of our other articles, I wanted to put all of them together just for this type of article since so many Christians have a major fear of dealing with demons.
Key in on the first 5 verses, as they completely set the stage for all of us in the area of spiritual warfare with demonic spirits. These first 5 verses are the most important of all, as they will show you that Satan and all of his demons are now defeated foes before the Lord. And if all demons are already defeated foes before the Lord, then we should have absolutely no fear in directly engaging with them.
- “… that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.” (Hebrews 2:14)
- “For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.” (1 John 3:8)
- “Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.” (Colossians 2:15)
- “He has delivered us from the power of darkness and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.” (Colossians 1:13)
- “Therefore God has also highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven and of those on earth, and those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” (Philippians 2:5-11)
- “Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.” (James 4:7)
- “Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” (Luke 10:19)
- And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved, but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe. In my name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues, they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick and they will recover.” (Mark 16:15-18)
- “But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ “Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.” (Matthew 10:6-8)
- “And He called the twelve to Him, and began to send them out two by two, and gave them power over unclean spirits … And they cast out many demons, and anointed with oil many who were sick, and healed them.” (Mark 6:7,13)
- “And when He had called His twelve disciples to Him, He gave them power over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease.” (Matthew 10:1)
- “Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases. He sent them to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.” (Luke 9:1)
- “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts. (Zechariah 4:6)
- “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)
- “For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit …” (1 Thessalonians 1:5)
- “For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.” (1 Corinthians 4:20)
- “… in mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God …” (Romans 15:19)
The revelation these verses are giving us is what I call major one plus one equals two type revelation. Here are the 3 key pieces of revelation the Lord is trying to convey to us in these 17 powerful verses.
1. The first 5 verses simply say it all. These first 5 verses are the ones you are going to have to have underneath your belt if you are going to attempt to engage with any demons in this life. If you do not have a full understanding of these first 5 verses, then major fear and panic could literally overtake you if you try and take these demons head on without first realizing that Jesus has already defeated all of these demons with His sacrificial death on the cross.
If you do not see and realize that you are dealing with an already defeated foe, then major fear and anxiety could overwhelm you right in the middle of an actual battle with these demons, and you may then be forced to retreat and back down, all because you did not know what you already had with Jesus.
Many of these demons are very intelligent, and they will test you and call your bluff to see if you really know who you are in Christ. If you do not know what you already have available to you, these demons could then play you and drive you right out of the battle.
The very first verse says it all when it tells us that Jesus literally destroyed all the power that the devil has over people with His death on the cross. The 2nd verse says that Jesus literally destroyed the works of the devil. Key on the word “destroy.”
When the Bible says that Jesus Christ literally destroyed the works of the devil, this is the most intense and extreme word the Bible can use to tell us exactly what had occurred right after Jesus had died on the cross.
When Jesus destroyed the works of the devil, you know it means total and complete destruction and annihilation of Satan and all the supernatural works he is capable of throwing at us.
That is why demons are no match for any born-again believer who knows who they are in Christ, and who knows how to wield the Word of God as their Sword. That is why Satan and his demons will flee from you once you start to directly engage with them under the anointing of the Holy Spirit.
The third verse adds more to this when it tells us that Jesus totally “disarmed” principalities and powers, which again are referring to demons and their powers.
The word “disarmed” is another very powerful word being used by the Lord to show us what had occurred when He died on the cross for all of us. When God uses the word “disarmed,” we are again talking complete and total disarmament of all the supernatural works and powers these demons are capable of throwing at us.
The 4th verse ends it very nicely when it tells us that we have flat out been totally delivered from the powers of darkness.
And once we receive the Holy Spirit on the inside of us, we will now have His supernatural power available to us to defeat any and all demons who will try and come against us in this life, as demons are cast out of people by the Word of God and the power of the Holy Spirit.
As such, no Christian should ever let any demons keep attacking and beating up on them since we already have the Holy Spirit and His divine power on the inside of us to totally defeat and drive out any demons who may come against us.
The 5th verse will now be the icing on the cake. This verse is telling us that every single knee shall bow before Jesus Christ – and this literally includes every single person on the earth and every single demon below the earth.
This now makes Satan and all of his demons totally defeated foes before the Lord, and they now have absolutely no power against Jesus and every single born-again believer who has been saved through His name and His blood.
Burn these first 5 verses in your memory banks so you do not let major fear ever get the better of you in any encounter you may have with a demonic spirit. Again, I cannot emphasize enough the power that is on these first 5 verses and the revelation the Lord is trying to transmit to all of us.
Satan and his demons are thus already defeated foes, and they are absolutely no match against any Christian who knows how to walk in the power of the Holy Spirit, and who knows how to wield the Word of God as his Sword.
2. Verses 6 and 7 are the next two major power verses you will need underneath your belt to be able to successfully engage with demons. The first one is the one I have already mentioned at the top of this article. This verse tells us that if we submit to God, then the devil will actually flee from us if we resist him.
The 2nd verse then adds some more meat to this revelation when it tells us that the Lord has given us His direct authority and power to trample over serpents and scorpions. And demons are definitely serpents and scorpions. As such, we already have God’s power available to us to be able to totally defeat these demons when we do run across them in this life.
Notice Jesus also says in this verse that we will have His power and authority to trample over “all” the power of the enemy, and that “nothing” shall be able to hurt us. The words “all” and “nothing” are maximum intense type words being used by the Lord. As such, we should not be afraid to step into God’s divine power and use it when we will need it against these demons.
3. The last set of verses from 8-17 are all telling us one major thing – and that one major thing is that we all have the power of the Holy Spirit operating on the inside of us to be able to work for the Lord in this lifetime. And one of the works the Lord would like us to do from time to time is to directly engage and cast demons out of whatever situation we may find them involved in.
Remember – demons are cast out of someone by the Word of God and the power of the Holy Spirit.
Again, if there are any of you being forced to engage with any kind of demons, and you are dealing with major fear on doing it, really study and meditate on the above 17 verses. These words are all coming direct from the Lord Himself, and you can totally count on this type of revelation being pure, 100%, solid truth since all of the Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of our Holy God.
These 17 special verses are the absolute, bottom-line, basic truth on this entire subject matter, and this divine truth should help set you free from any major fears you may be having on engaging with demons.
- If Jesus is telling us that He has already defeated Satan and all of his dark supernatural powers with His death on the cross.
- And then He tells us that we will have His divine power and authority to trample over and defeat this type of enemy.
- And then He ends up telling us to actually go out and cast demons out of people – then we should have absolutely no fear in doing this kind of work for the Lord since He is directly commissioning us to do it for Him, along with anointing us with His divine supernatural power to be able to get the job done.
- This is why we as Christians should have no fear of any demons – and should have no fear of doing this type of work for the Lord.
Sunday 14th of February 2021
So when you say that the demons are cast out by the Word of God and the Power of the Holy Spirit, what Word is that? Is this only invoking Jesus‘s name or is it quoting scripture?
Thursday 6th of August 2020
I am 62, I have been saved since I was 13, and I have been needed to go back home and live with my 89 year old mother. I have been here three years now. I have dealt with the attacks from Satan and his demons toward myself and other family members over the years. So I guess you could say I have had to stand up against the powers of darkness. Since my Dad passed away five years ago, my mother, who I have never seen pray, has begun praying every night on her knees by her bed. It looks and seems good but fear grips me. There is something about my mother doing this that grips me with fear. There is just something about her in particular doing this that leaves me very unsettled. I can’t put my finger on it. I know God has me here for a reason. If it was my two grown daughters doing this I know I would have no qualms. I have seen their good fruit in Christ. There is just this “spirit” about my mother that isn’t right! I love the scriptures that are given to all of us in this article reminding us of the promises of God and the power we have in the Holy Spirit and his word. Mom claims she is saved if I ask her, but there is absolutely no good fruit in her life that leaves me to believe this is true! (She doesn’t outwardly live a sinful life or anything.) So why does she pray? I often wonder, to WHOM DOES SHE PRAY TO? There is something wrong. It leaves me feeling afraid, especially at night.
I know I shouldn’t be afraid of her but I am. I know better, but I still am. Why? What is wrong here? What am I missing?
Saturday 3rd of November 2018
Hello, I’m just absolutely TERRIFIED of demons and what they will do to me... I have struggled with mental illness for a very long time and I don’t know what they will do to me. I don’t want to be possessed or see anything. Someone please help me, I am very scared and I sleep with a bible. God bless
End Time Warrior
Monday 2nd of March 2020
Imagine yourself being a police officer given full power and authority by the government to combat crime and apprehend criminals. Being a cop, you are better armed than the criminal.....the criminal are so afraid of you even though he charge at you with a knife but his hand is trembling. You have all kind of weapons to neutralise him such as taser, police baton or even draw your revolver. I never in my life heard about cops afraid of criminals, gangsters, mobsters etc.
Do you get what I mean? You are that heavenly police appointed by God who had already given you the full power and authority over the demon. From today onward, stand up with courage, bravery and valour to serve God as a heavenly police policer. Our heavenly father had given you more than enough weapons to fight the demons. Do not let the demons sense your fear and put up a false front against you. Demons fear you more than you fear them.
Thursday 27th of February 2020
I know it’s very difficult, but fear is the only reason any demon or negative force can try to do anything to you. The answer to fear is faith. So go look for all of the ways God has worked to show people, even the worst people, how much he still loves them, granting them his power and promises to protect them from the negativity and demons that attach to people’s fear. He’s already defeated them for you. You just need to accept it fully inside of you and stop holding onto imaginary fear factors. You’re not perfect, but you’re God’s kid. He loves you anyway and puts up guidelines to help you protect yourself from vulnerabilities that could weaken your all-important faith. The key is to find God’s unending and free-giving love, and tell yourself it’s okay to accept it. Then you step into him. Also, more practically, try EMpower Plus supplements. My schizophrenia siblings have just received their first bottles. I don’t know if it works yet, but the founder openly credits God’s help, and there are lots and lots of success stories. God works through everything. I know it’s a late reply, but I hope this may help you down the line.
Thank you, Sarah.
Sunday 20th of January 2019
Hi, I am also a bit scared of demons, but I want to tell you that when you read the Gospels there are testimonies about driving out demons by Jesus. So don't be afraid, brother, He is greater than any of them and He's in you too so you are safe in His presence and no demon is so great like God and there's no evil in Him. I hope you get better :)
Thursday 16th of August 2018
I have cast out demons that cause sickness and depression . However I know that demons are real and I'm very scared that I will see one in my room in the dark when I sleep and because of that I stay awake. I hate this! I know that they are defeated and have no power but I'm still scared of seeing one! I guess I've always been scared of the dark but now as I've grown up I know that sometimes you can physicaly see spirits and demons I'm scared the devil will come into my room to put even more fear in my heart. I don't want to give him that power as I am filled with the Holy Spirit and can speak in tongues but I can't help feeling like he's going to come into my room and Scare me. Even though he cannot do anything to me physically. Help! I do not want to live in fear every night!!!!
Tuesday 5th of February 2019
My dear, fear is a spirit, cast that demon of fear out. God did not give you the spirit of fear, but power, love and of a sound mind. Cast that thief out.
Wednesday 16th of January 2019
I know that this is an older comment but I want to point out that you can guard your home. You can also make it extremely known that they are not welcome in your house. I do this every morning while inviting the Holy Spirit in during my worship. I make it known that there are no attacks to be made upon my family. I don't really have a fear of such parasites (maybe that would be different if I came face to face with one). I constantly am in a battle for my soul, but God will fight for you and the Holy Spirit will guide you. As long as the spirit lives within you nothing can hurt you. They can scare you but Gods power in much much more than what they can handle!
Monday 15th of October 2018
Put Anointing oil all over your room in the name of Jesus. Don’t allow there presence!!!
Tuesday 7th of August 2018
Jesus specifically gave his 12 apostles the power and authority to do this, not just any random person. It is only through the power by Christ and the Lord that evil spirits get cast out, not by the average man. The verses from Acts, Luke, Matthew, and Mark clearly reference the apostles. Note that not all of Jesus' followers were given this power, but only them. It's a dangerous game tricking people into thinking they have their own power over evil we know very little about. This is why we pray for God's protection against them, because we cannot do it on our own. In the bible it states to put on God's armor! In other words PRAY. Don't take it upon yourself to contend with/cast put forces of the unknown and dark evil simply by mentioning Jesus' name. Even priests pray together in groups for God's help in cases like this. Go to your Church elders for spiritual guidance and help when needed.
Friday 12th of April 2019
Liz, you are incorrect, Mark clearly tells us this: Mark 16:17 KJV And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils;
Them that believe... That's more than the 12. To say that God would only give the apostles the power and leave us with nothing is a lie straight from hell. That is what is wrong with the Christian world today, a lot talk like you and say we have no power, very convenient for Satan to plant this lie in the minds of Christians to keep them from casting out demons!
Jesus himself said: John 14:12 KJV Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do...
We shall do the works Jesus did and GREATER works! Can you say you are doing greater works? It's high time to utilize the Holy Spirit's power and the name of Jesus.
Philippians 1:28 KJV And in NOTHING TERRIFIED by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.
Ephesians 6:12 KJV For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.