This story happened about 8 years ago. What happened to this woman could happen to anyone of us at anytime. We live in a very litigious claims conscious society. People and unscrupulous attorneys are filing lawsuits on the most insane things. All you have to do is watch the regular news to see some of the ridiculous things people are filing lawsuits over.
This again happened to another girl I used to work with. She called me up one day and told me that she had just been named as a defendant in what she felt was a very unjust lawsuit.
Long story short, she was a board member of a condominium association and she and five others got pulled into this lawsuit. Several of the tenants, under the goading of a very unscrupulous attorney, decided to file this lawsuit to see what kind of money they could get. I will not go into all the particulars, but after she told me all the gory details, there was no doubt in my mind that this definitely was an unjust lawsuit and had no business being filed against any of them.
The insurance carrier for the condo association was not going to take up the defense of the lawsuit for each of the board members, so each of the defendants had to retain their own attorneys at their own expense to fight this lawsuit. The weight of this lawsuit was really weighing on her like a huge anchor. The time and monetary expense she was going to have to incur to proceed with the defense of this lawsuit was completely unsettling the normal flow of her life.
As she finished telling me what had happened, I had an immediate leading from the Lord to give her a strong battle prayer in which to approach God the Father with and to ask Him to take her out of this lawsuit ASAP!
This type of prayer is rather unique, as it is giving you a different angle in which to approach God the Father. According to Scripture, we actually have several types of relationships with God the Father.
- One is our basic Father-child relationship with Him. He is not only our God, but He is also our Father and we are considered His children.
- We also have an Employer-employee relationship with Him. He is the boss and we work for Him. The minute you come under a full surrender of your entire life over to Him, you are no longer in control of your life. God will now be the Captain of your ship and He will now be the One to direct your life in the direction that He will want it to go in.
- However, there is also another type of relationship we have with God that many Christians are not fully aware of. According to the Bible, God is also a Judge. Not only will God be judging all of us after we die and cross over, but He is also actively judging things on this earth right now, and at times, actually rendering His judgments. On some of these issues He is rendering judgment right now and not when that person dies and faces Him for his own personal judgment.
What this means is that when the situation dictates taking this kind of approach with God, we can approach Him as a Judge and plead our case before Him just as a defense attorney would do in a courtroom of law. After we plead our case before Him, we then ask Him to render His judgment on the matter, and then ask Him to carry out His judgment just like they would do in a regular courtroom of law.
You obviously have to have something unjust coming against you before you can approach God on this angle. If you have been named in a lawsuit and you deserve to be named in that lawsuit, then you cannot approach God on this angle because you are reaping what you have sown and you will now have to deal with the consequences of your actions.
God can still deliver you, but you will have to approach Him on a different basis. You will have to confess and admit your wrong doing before God as a sin, ask Him to forgive you, and then ask Him to help you in whatever manner He will deem appropriate for the situation that you have just fallen into.
However, if you have just had something completely unjust come against you like this woman did with this unjust lawsuit – then you can approach God as a Judge, plead the specifics of your case before Him, and then ask Him to render and carry out His judgment on the matter in order to get you delivered out of the mess as soon as possible.
I went ahead and formed out the battle prayer below for my friend in order to give her a different type of battle strategy in which to approach God the Father with. Here were the basics of what I had in this prayer:
- She will at first approach God the Father as Judge and plead the specifics of the lawsuit before Him. She will literally name all of the people coming unjustly against her.
- She will then quote back to God several good battle verses from Scripture to back up her position with Him – that this particular battle belongs to Him, and that she is now completely turning the entire matter over to Him for His handling and that He will now take up this battle for her.
- She will then Plead the Blood of Jesus against each one of the people coming unjustly against her.
- She will then ask God to render judgment on her behalf, and then for Him to execute and carry out His judgment against this unjust lawsuit in order that she get completely dismissed out of it as soon as possible.
I told her to say this prayer several times to God the Father to show Him that she meant serious business with Him, and that she really wanted Him to move on this situation as soon as He possibly could within the time frame that He wanted to operate in.
She later told me she said the prayer several times, and each time she did, she felt a lot of power and a lot of focus coming in from the Holy Spirit. She felt like she really connected to God with this petition, that He had heard her loud and clear, and that He would now move within His time frame to take care of this unjust lawsuit.
In this prayer, I also had her ask God to grant victory to the other 5 defendants that were unjustly named in this lawsuit to see if He would possibly pull all of them out of it at the same time. Here is what happened.
1. This woman did have to retain her own attorney to get the ball rolling.
2. On the very first day of trial, my friend and the other 5 defendants all gave their testimony before the judge. Before she went up, she said the battle prayer one more time before God the Father.
After everyone’s testimony was in, the judge immediately dismissed her out of the case that day, but he did not dismiss the other 5 defendants. God gave this woman complete and total victory on the very first day of trial – but not to the other 5 defendants.
3. It was then decided on that same day that another one of the defendants would pick up her attorneys fees – so she ended up not having to pay one dime to her own attorney for all of the work that he had already done on her behalf!
This case was then continued by the judge and still has not been settled. If God had not delivered my friend out of this lawsuit, it would still be hanging on her, along with the pressure and uncertainty of all of it, not to mention how much money she would have ended up paying for her own legal expenses.
To this very day, my friend truly believes that God had delivered her out of this lawsuit with a complete victory. She still does not know what the specific reason was as to why the judge dismissed her out of the lawsuit but not the other 5 defendants, since they were all basically in the same boat.
My best guess was that this woman’s battle prayer was only going to get her delivered from this lawsuit. I guess the other 5 defendants did not got delivered like she did since none of them had approached God in prayer like she had done.
Again, this is another story of how powerful prayer can be and that God can and will answer prayers if you properly approach Him with your petitions and requests.
I will go ahead and give you the exact battle prayer that I gave her to approach God the Father with. If anyone of you should ever find yourself in this same kind of predicament, whether it be an unjust lawsuit, an unjust claim, or an unjust charge or accusation, try this approach with God the Father – with Him being approached as Judge and with you being the defendant pleading your own case before Him – and then asking Him to render judgment on your behalf, and then for Him to carry out and execute His judgment on the matter.
Now here is the battle prayer. I will leave out the name of the law firm that filed this unjust lawsuit along with the names of the others who were bringing this lawsuit. I will substitute other fictitious names in their spot so you can see exactly how this prayer was worded. I will also substitute other fictitious names for the other defendants since this lawsuit is still pending.
The Battle Prayer
In the name of Jesus, I now come before You on a lawsuit that has been unjustly filed against myself, John and Joan Smith, Phyllis Smith, John Doe Co. and John Smith Realty Co.
Father, I believe this lawsuit is frivolous, unjust, and without any merit. Father, in the name of Jesus, I ask that you render judgment on behalf of myself and the rest of the defendants and ask that you take this lawsuit out in whatever way or manner you deem most appropriate.
Father, I now come directly against attorneys Joe Smith and Ken Luger and the other plaintiffs Richard Lotto, Karen Wilder and Donnie Payton. Father, in the name of Jesus, I Plead the Blood of Jesus Christ against these two attorneys and the other three plaintiffs. I also Plead the Blood of Jesus against any and all demons who may behind the scenes influencing them in any way to bring this unjust lawsuit against us.
Father, You have said in Your Word:
- That “no weapon formed against you shall prosper.” (Isaiah 54:17)
- That You are “my strength and my shield.” (Psalm 28:7)
- That You “will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me …” (2 Timothy 4:18)
- That You alone are “my rock and my salvation … my defense …” and that “I shall not be greatly moved.” (Psalm 62:2)
- That You go before me to “make the crooked places straight.” (Isaiah 45:2)
- That You go before me “as a consuming fire” and that You “will destroy them and bring them down before You – that You will “drive them out and destroy them quickly.” (Deuteronomy 9:3)
- That “The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.” (Exodus 14:14)
- That “You will stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me.” (Psalm 138:7)
Father, I now ask that you honor Your Word, take this battle up for me and the rest of the defendants, and proceed to completely take this lawsuit off the face of the map! I ask that you give me and the rest of the defendants complete and total victory!
Father, I have complete faith and trust that You will answer this petition and request.
Thank You Father.
Thank You Jesus.”