If you want two great, perfect role models on who had properly walked with the grace of God upon their lives, and who had successfully accomplished all of their earthly missions that God wanted them to accomplish as a result of that divine grace, look no further than the apostle Paul and Jesus Christ Himself.
These first two verses will be on Jesus. These two verses specifically tell us that the grace of God was “upon” Jesus and that He was “full” of this grace. In other words, the power and favor of God was upon Jesus while He was walking down here on our earth in the flesh. Jesus performed all of His supernatural miracles by the power of the Holy Spirit operating through Him. He did not perform these miracles by His own divine power.
Just as Jesus had His Father’s divine grace upon Him to help Him carry out His earthly ministry, so too can we have the same type of divine grace of God upon us and our lives in order to help us carry out and complete all of our divine assignments for Him.
- “And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him.” (Luke 2:40)
- “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.” (John 1:14)
Now if God the Father was willing to have His grace rest upon His Son Jesus so that He could successfully carry out all of His earthly mission, will God the Father do the same thing for each born-again believer?
I believe He will, and the next article will prove that to you – as it will show you that the apostle Paul ended up becoming one of the greatest, if not the greatest of all the New Testament apostles as a direct result of the divine grace that was given to him by God the Father.
This is part of our series on the Grace of God, you can read the rest here,
An Introduction to the “Understanding The Grace Of God”
1. We Are Saved by “Grace” Through Faith in Jesus Christ
2. Grace is the Power and Ability of God Operating Through Us
3. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Grace
4. The Grace of God Was Upon Jesus Christ
5. The Grace of God Was Upon the Apostle Paul
6. Let Your Speech Always Be With Grace
7. Do Not Abuse the Grace of God
8. Stay Humble With the Grace That God Will Give You
9. Do Not Receive the Grace of God in Vain
10. Continue in the Grace of God
11. How to Receive the Grace of God