In this article, I want to put together for you all of the different ministries that the Holy Spirit has with each and every born-again believer.
Even though I have talked about many of these different areas in some of our other articles, I feel this revelation from the Lord needs to all be put into one single article so you can have all of this information and knowledge right at your fingertips.
This knowledge and revelation from the Lord really needs to be meditated on and fully understood so you cannot only have it for your own storehouse of knowledge in the Lord, but so you can also have it to help educate others, especially newborns, as they need immediate discipling and mentoring right off the bat once they get saved and born again in the Lord.
To think that God the Father would send down His one and only Son Jesus to this earth to save us from our sins is enough to knock you right off the couch once you start to really meditate on what this big picture story of redemption is all about.
But then God the Father wants to take this whole scenario one step further in that He wants to literally have His Holy Spirit enter in on the inside of every person who is willing to accept His Son Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior.
And once the Holy Spirit enters in on the inside of each believer, some very powerful and profound things will start to happen in their lives if they will open themselves up to some of His different ministries.
In this article, I will give you 12 specific things that can happen to you if you will open yourself up to the Holy Spirit and the different kinds of ministries He has with each and everyone of us.
If there is one key ingredient that is missing in many believer’s walk today, it has to be with some of these different areas that the Holy Spirit will personally get involved in with every single believer if they will just open themselves up to receiving these different kinds of ministries from Him.
I recently heard a very profound testimony the other day from a Baptist pastor and minister. Years ago he was facing a very heavy trial.
At one point he got so distraught, that he was ready to throw in the towel and quit on the Lord. He told the Lord that if this was all there was to his life and walk with Him, that he was ready to leave this life right now and check out early.
Long story short, God then introduced him to the Holy Spirit, and once He made direct contact with the Holy Spirit, his whole life changed and he has never looked back since.
He said as a Baptist minister and pastor of a church, that he was actually afraid of the Holy Spirit.
He was afraid to make any kind of direct contact with Him, as he did not want to get flakey and out of balance in his walk with the Lord, as he had seen too many Christians over the years get goofy and crazy with some of the wild things that can occur once the Holy Spirit starts to manifest.
However, once he really made direct contact with the Holy Spirit Himself, all of those fears immediately fell off him, as he found out very quickly that there was nothing to be afraid of with the Holy Spirit, and that He was sent into his life to help him out in his walk with the Lord, not to hurt him or ruin his walk with the Lord.
He sent Him down here so He could help us in our walks and divine destinies with Him.
If there is one thing that can cause you to take off like a rocket in your own personal walk with the Lord, it has to be in this area of making direct contact with the Holy Spirit, and from there, be willing to open yourself to all of the different ministries that He is capable of giving to you.
All of these different ministries of the Holy Spirit are all mind-blowing and life-changing.
And they are all readily available to every single Christian if they will just simply go to God the Father in sincere and heart-felt prayer and ask Him to open up this realm for them.
From there, the Holy Spirit will start to work with you in many of these different areas. And once that starts to occur, you will spiritually grow at a rate that will truly astound you.
Like I always do, I will first give you these 12 specific ministries right at the top of this article in a numbered, bolded format so you can have all of them right at the top of this article.
Then I will go into each one of them separately so you can see exactly what you can personally have with the Holy Spirit if you decide you want to enter into this kind of supernatural realm with Him.
Now here are 12 specific ministries that the Holy Spirit has with each and everyone of us if we would only be willing to work with Him in each one of these areas.
- Will Draw the Unsaved Sinner to Jesus
- Will Convict Both Unbelievers and Believers
- Will Regenerate Our Human Spirits
- Will Draw Us Closer to the Lord
- Will Sanctify Us in the Lord
- Will Help Us With Our Prayer Life
- Will Guide Us Into All Truth
- Will Teach Us All Things
- Will Anoint Us With His Divine Power
- Will Be Our Helper and Comforter in This Life
- The 9 Gifts of the Holy Spirit
- The 9 Fruits of the Holy Spirit
When you really look at each one these different ministries that the Holy Spirit has with all of us, you can really feel the power on each one of them and that there is no way you will not be able to really progress in your own walk and call with the Lord once the Holy Spirit starts to become very active in your daily life with all of these different ministries.
Before I get into each one of these different ministries under the captions below, I want to give you two key verses so you will not be too afraid to do this with the Holy Spirit.
Both of these verses are coming direct from the apostle Paul, and I do not have to tell you what a great man of God he became, all because he worked with the grace and power that God gave him through the Holy Spirit.
I believe Paul found a major secret very early on in his walk with the Lord, and that major secret was that he could make direct contact with the Holy Spirit Himself and form out a good personal relationship with Him – and from there, learn how to be led and empowered by Him so he could fulfill all of his divine missions for the Lord.
Here are two key powerful verses from the apostle Paul telling us that we can all do the exact same thing ourselves with the Holy Spirit:
- “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the COMMUNION of the Holy Spirit be with you all.” (2 Corinthians 13:14)
- “Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any FELLOWSHIP of the Spirit …” (Philippians 2:1)
There are two key words to really hone in on, and those two key words are “communion” and “fellowship” with the Holy Spirit.
These two key powerful words are telling us that we can make direct contact with the Holy Spirit like we can with God and Jesus, and from there, we can establish a very good personal relationship with Him.
And once you make direct contact with the Holy Spirit, then He will teach you how to be led and taught by Him so you can then become the sanctified saint that God is wanting you to become in Him in this life, along with fully accomplishing all of your divine destiny for Him.
I will now give you two more good verses to put the icing on this cake that we can make direct contact with the Holy Spirit and learn how to walk with Him in this life. These two verses are talking about us “walking in the Spirit.” Here they are:
- “If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.” (Galatians 5:25)
- ” … Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?” (Galatians 3:2)
The first verse is flat out telling us that since we are already living in the Spirit since He is already living on the inside of us, then we need to take this one step further, and that is to learn how to walk in Him as well.
And this is where all of these different ministries are going to be coming in, as the Holy Spirit will show you exactly what can happen to you and your life if you will learn how to walk with Him and in Him.
The second verse then adds one more piece of revelation to all of this in that it is comparing walking in the Spirit to walking in the flesh. Too many Christians are walking in the flesh in this life instead of walking in the Holy Spirit.
And that is why many of them are not making much progress in their divine calls for the Lord, or in being able to be properly sanctified and cleaned up in the way the Lord would really like.
And the only way you can truly walk in the Holy Spirit is to make direct contact with Him so you can establish a very good personal relationship with Him like you have with God and Jesus, and then from there, be willing and open to working with Him in many of these different areas so you can become all that God is asking you to become in Him in this life.
Now I will go into each one of the above areas under the captions below. Take your time with this and really meditate and ponder on what God is trying to tell you through His Word on this subject matter.
The Holy Spirit is God and Lord Himself and He is literally living right there on the inside of you – and He is only too anxious to get all of this going with you if you will just be open and willing to receive this kind of divine help from Him.
1. The Holy Spirit Will Draw the Unsaved Sinner to Jesus
The very first ministry that the Holy Spirit has with all of us is to make sure we find Jesus and accept Him as our personal Lord and Savior so we can be truly saved and born again. This is without question the number one job and ministry of the Holy Spirit.
As you will see in the first verse I will list below, Jesus Himself says that the Holy Spirit will testify of Him, not of His own self. And the reason He is going to be testifying about Jesus is so He can get as many people saved as He possibly can.
As we have explained to you in our article, “You Do Have the Power of God to Witness,” you will have the Holy Spirit and His power right there by your side when you step out to witness to other unsaved people in this life.
You will not be alone when you do this. This is why all Christians should keep themselves open to being used by the Lord to witness to other people, so God can personally use you to save as many people as He can before it becomes too late to be able to do so.
Really grab a hold of the revelation that is in the following 4 verses, as they will help break off any fears you may have on witnessing to other unsaved people in this life.
This first ministry of the Holy Spirit is without a doubt the most important one of all, as we only have one earthly lifetime to try and reach as many people as possible with the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
And the Holy Spirit is only too anxious and willing to work through each individual believer who will be willing to work with Him on these types of deliverance missions.
Here are the first 5 verses that will show you that the Holy Spirit has the personal ministry of leading as many people as He possibly can to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- “But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, HE WILL TESTIFY OF ME. And you also will bear witness, because you have been with Me from the beginning.” (John 15:26-27)
- “No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.” (John 6:44)
- “… and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.” (1 Corinthians 12:3)
- “While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit FELL UPON all those who heard the word.” (Acts 10:44)
- “The Lord OPENED HER HEART to heed the things spoken by Paul.” (Acts 16:14)
Notice the second verse says that no one can come to Jesus for eternal salvation unless God the Father is first drawing them in. And then the third verse says that no one can call Jesus Lord unless it is done by the Holy Spirit. Put both of these verses together, side by side, and they are telling us that God the Father draws the unsaved sinner to His Son Jesus through the Holy Spirit.
The last two verses will also confirm this revelation, as it is showing us that the Holy Spirit will fall upon those who are being witnessed to, along with opening up their hearts and minds so they will be able to understand what is being preached to them.
Again, this is why you should never be afraid to step out and witness to other people as the Spirit leads, as you will have both God the Father and the Holy Spirit right there by your side as you are witnessing to them.
2. The Holy Spirit Will Convict Both Unbelievers and Believers
The next ministry that the Holy Spirit has with both unbelievers, as well as believers is that He has to convict all of us. He has to show us the errors of our ways and that we are all sinners in the eyes of God.
An unbeliever cannot get saved unless they are first convicted by the Holy Spirit. If they cannot see they are sinners in the eyes of God, then they will see no reason to accept what Jesus has done for them with His sacrificial death on the cross.
For born-again believers, we all need the conviction of the Holy Spirit from time to time, so we can be shown the errors of our ways and where we are going wrong at times. And when the Holy Spirit does convict us from time to time, it is always for our own good. If He does not point out and show us where we are going wrong at times, we could easily get knocked off the path that God has set up for our lives.
Here is a major verse showing us that the Holy Spirit has the personal ministry of convicting all of us – which will include both unbelievers as well as believers.
“Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they do not believe in Me; of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged ..” (John 16:7-11)
Notice what the Holy Spirit will convict everyone of – sin!!
With God already having told us in His Word that every single man and woman has sinned and fallen short of His glory, every single person on the face of this earth needs to receive the conviction of the Holy Spirit so we can all be shown what the real truth is regarding our fallen sinful state before the Lord.
3. The Holy Spirit Will Regenerate Our Human Spirits
After the Holy Spirit has moved on an unbeliever and has led them into eternal salvation through Jesus Christ, the next thing He will do is enter in on the inside of their human spirits.
And once He enters into their human spirits, He will then regenerate their human spirits. And once their human spirits have been fully regenerated, they will now be truly born again in the Lord.
Here is the verse that will show you that the Holy Spirit will regenerate every single person’s spirit who is willing to accept Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior.
“But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.” (Titus 3:4-7)
Notice two very important things in this verse:
First, this regeneration is being directly tied to us getting saved in the Lord. The words, “but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,“ are definitely telling us that we are saved by God’s grace and mercy and that when He does save us – He is saving us “through” the regeneration of the Holy Spirit.
Second, this regeneration is done directly by the Holy Spirit Himself. The words “regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit” are telling us that this regeneration is being done directly by the Holy Spirit Himself.
Here is what the word regeneration means from some of the different Bible Dictionaries and Commentaries:
- Spiritually reborn
- Spiritual rebirth producing a new beginning
- A spiritual rebirth, being renewed, reformed or reconstituted
- Renewed or restored after a decline to a low condition
- New birth, the begetting of new life
- Renewal of moral and spiritual nature
- The rebirth of the human spirit to a restored relationship with God
- Renewed to life and salvation by faith in God
- An act of God through the Holy Spirit resulting in an inner personal resurrection from sin to a new life in Jesus Christ
- The radical spiritual change in which God brings an individual from a condition of spiritual defeat and death to a renewed condition of holiness and life
As you can see from these different definitions, this is a major life-changing event, to have the Holy Spirit literally come to live on the inside of your human spirit and from there, cause this kind of regeneration to occur in your spirit so you can be saved and born again in the Lord.
So again, realize that every single time you lead an unbeliever to eternal salvation through Jesus Christ, you are also opening them up to be able to receive the Holy Spirit on the inside of them, where from there He can get down into their spirits and fully regenerate them.
This is another extremely powerful ministry that the Holy Spirit has with every single person who is willing to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
4. The Holy Spirit Will Help Draw Us Closer to the Lord
Once you are saved and born again in the Lord and the Holy Spirit has now entered into your human spirit and has fully regenerated it, the next thing He is going to do is start to draw you closer to the Lord in the personal relationship you will now be establishing with Him.
Once you go through the profound experience of accepting Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, then you will want to do everything you can to get to know both Him and God the Father much better. And the Holy Spirit Himself will help draw you much closer to both of Them.
Here are 3 very interesting verses that will show you that it is by, in, and through the Holy Spirit that you now have direct access to both God and Jesus in heaven. And if it is by the Holy Spirit that you will now have direct access to both God and Jesus, then the Holy Spirit will also help work you closer to both God and Jesus in your own personal relationship with Them.
- “For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.” (Ephesians 2:18)
- “And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.” (1 John 3:24)
- “No one has seen God at anytime. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us. By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.” (1 John 4:12)
Notice the first verse tells us that we have direct access to God the Father “by one Spirit.” And that one Spirit is none other than the Holy Spirit Himself since the “S” in the word “Spirit” is with a capital “S.”
The second verse then tells us that the Lord abides in us “by the Spirit.” And again, it is referring direct to the Holy Spirit since the “S” in the word “Spirit” is with a capital “S.”
The last verse adds a little more to this when it tells us that God abides in us because He has given us His Holy Spirit. In other words, God cannot abide in us unless the Holy Spirit is living on the inside of us.
Put it all together, and not only does the Holy Spirit live on the inside of us, but He is also able to connect us to both God and Jesus in heaven. And due to this divine connection that He has now set up between us and the Lord, both God and Jesus are now abiding in us just like the Holy Spirit is.
And if the Holy Spirit is the One who is forming out this divine connection between us and the Lord in heaven, then it only stands to reason He will now be working very closely with us to form out a very special, close, personal relationship with the Lord.
This is a very powerful and profound revelation when you really chew and meditate on what these three verses alone are trying to tell us.
Again, another major ministry that the Holy Spirit has with each and everyone of us – to divinely connect us to both God and Jesus in heaven and from there, help us form out and establish a very good personal relationship with each One of Them.
5. The Holy Spirit Will Sanctify Us in the Lord
Once you get saved and born again in the Lord, that is just the beginning. From there, God will expect for you to spiritually grow in His knowledge and grace. And once you start to spiritually grow in the Lord, one of the other things He is also going to want to do with you is to sanctify you.
When God starts to sanctify you, what He will do is consecrate and set you apart unto Himself. From there, He will want to transform you by the renewing of your mind, He will want to transform you into the express image of His Son Jesus. The Bible tells us that God is the Potter and we are the clay.
When God starts the sanctification process in our life, He does it by the Word and the Holy Spirit. You read in the Word what He wants to change about you, and then the Holy Spirit will start to move to change you into the kind of person God wants you to become in Him.
But before the Holy Spirit will really move you into this sanctification realm, you have to give Him something to work with and that something is knowledge. And this knowledge can only be obtained by reading from the Bible.
If you do not spend some kind of good regular quality time in the Bible learning what God wants to change about you, then the Holy Spirit is not going to move on the inside of you to sanctify you to the degree that God would really like in this lifetime. That is why true sanctification is accomplished by both the Word and the Spirit working together.
You do your part be reading from the Word, and then the Holy Spirit will do His part by sanctifying you on the inside of your being to the degree that God would really like.
Here are 11 very good verses all showing you that God will sanctify you by His Word and Spirit. The first 5 verses will show you that God will sanctify you in this life by the Holy Spirit.
- ” … because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth … ” (2 Thessalonians 2:13)
- “And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.” (1 Corinthians 6:11)
- “But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.” (2 Corinthians 3:18)
- ” … elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: grace to you and peace be multiplied.” (1 Peter 1:2)
- “For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.” (Romans 8:13)
These next 6 verses will show you that God will also sanctify you by His Word.
- “Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.” (John 17:17)
- ” … that He might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, that He might present it to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that it should be holy and without blemish.” (Ephesians 5:26)
- “How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word. With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments! Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You. Blessed are You, O Lord! Teach me Your statutes.” (Psalm 119:9-12)
- “You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.” (John 15:3)
- ” … and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.” (James 1:21)
- “For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe.” (1 Thessalonians 2:13)
In our Sanctification Section of our site, we have an article titled, “Sanctification.“
In this article, we give you more good verses showing you that this is God’s ultimate and highest aim for all of us, along with showing you how to enter into this realm with the Lord if you would really like for Him to start changing you from the inside out.
Sanctification is a major ministry that the Holy Spirit has with each believer, but He needs your full consent and cooperation before He will do it, as sometimes it can be a bit painful once God starts to take out the negative qualities He will not want operating in your personality and at the same time, start imparting the good, godly, and saintly qualities that He will want you to have operating in your personality.
6. The Holy Spirit Will Help Us With Our Prayer Life
Another major powerful ministry that the Holy Spirit has with each born-again believer is to help them with their prayer lives with the Lord. As you will see in the first verse I will list below, it says sometimes we will “not know how to pray as we ought.”
In addition to helping us out in our own personal prayer lives with the Lord, He will also be making intercession for all of us as different needs arise in our lives. Since the Holy Spirit is God and Lord Himself, He will be able to see perfectly into our futures and what we will need from the Lord before we will know it. As a result, He will be way ahead of us and be praying to God the Father on many different needs that we will not even be aware of.
Here are the two main verses giving us these two pieces of revelation.
- “Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought …” (Romans 8:26)
- “Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.” (Romans 8:26-27)
In the Prayer Secrets Section of our site, we have many good articles showing you the different strategies you can take with Lord in your own personal prayers to Him. Here are some of the specific things the Holy Spirit can help you with in your own personal prayer life to the Lord:
- What to pray for
- What not to pray for
- How to word your prayers to God
- What particular Scripture verses to use in your prayers
- The timing factor – exactly when to pray for something
- The correct battle strategies to use
- The correct angle and point of view to use with the Lord
- How many times to pray to God for the request
- How long to stay with the prayer request
- Whether or not to call in other believers to pray in agreement with you
- Whether or not there is anything else that you will need to do on your end before God will grant the prayer request
As you can see from the above list – if you can learn how to team up with the Holy Spirit in your own personal prayers to the Lord, you will dramatically increase your chances of getting more of your personal prayers answered by Him.
Again, this is another major powerful ministry that the Holy Spirit has with each believer. We all need to learn how to pray in the Spirit and with the Spirit, especially on some of our heavier prayer requests to God the Father.
7. The Holy Spirit Will Guide Us Into All Truth
Once you come into a full surrender with the Lord, He will then set you up in the perfect plan and destiny that He has set up for your life.
And once God sets this perfect plan and destiny up for your life, then He will start to lead you step-by-step into the fulfillment of that divine destiny.
And this is where the Holy Spirit will be coming in big time, as He now has the personal ministry of leading all of us into the perfect plan and destiny of God for our lives.
If God calls you to be a great evangelist in this life, but He does not guide your steps on how to reach that specific goal, then you will never make it.
There will be many different steps you will have to take to eventually reach that goal, along with many different land mines that you are going to have to stay away from.
And the Holy Spirit is the only One who will know exactly what steps you will need to take to make it into your divine call, along with guiding you around all of the different land mines that could knock you right out of your divine destiny for the Lord.
Here are the two main verses from our Bible that will show you that it is the job of the Holy Spirit to lead us in this life and to guide us into all truth.
- “For as many as are LED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD, these are sons of God.” (Romans 8:14)
- “However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, HE WILL GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH …” (JOHN 16:13)
The Holy Spirit will not only guide you into your divine destiny for the Lord, but He will also guide you as to who God will want you to marry in this life if it will be in His perfect will that you get married.
The Holy Spirit will also guide you across the board of your entire life if you are open to receiving this kind of divine guidance from Him.
We already have another good detailed article on how to be led by the Holy Spirit. The title of this article is, “How to Be Led by the Holy Spirit,” and it is in the Bible Basics section of our site. In this article we show you the different ways that the Holy Spirit will communicate to you so you can pick up exactly what He will want you to do.
8. The Holy Spirit Will Teach Us All Things
Not only will the Holy Spirit be our personal Guide in this life, but He will also be our personal Teacher.
These next two verses are huge, and I mean huge. God wants us to grow in His knowledge in this life. And the main reason He wants us to grow in His knowledge is because you cannot spiritually grow in the Lord unless you first seek after the knowledge that will cause this spiritual growth to occur in the first place.
One of the main reasons that many Christians do not make much spiritual growth in this life is because they are not seeking after the knowledge that will cause this growth to actually occur.
Again, the Holy Spirit needs something to work with to spiritually grow us in this life and that something is knowledge. And that knowledge can only obtained from the Bible.
Just like in the area of sanctification, you need both the Word and the Spirit working together to cause any kind of true spiritual growth to occur in this life.
Here are two major power verses that will show you that the Holy Spirit has been given to us by the Lord so that He can teach us all things.
- “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, HE WILL TEACH YOU ALL THINGS, and bring to your remembrance all things that I have said to you.” (John 14:26)
- “But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.” (1 Corinthians 2:10)
In the Bible Basics section of our site, we have a very good detailed article on seeking after the knowledge of God for your life. The title of this article is, “Seeking After the Knowledge of God.”
In this article, we have some very heavy verses showing you the extreme importance that we all be seekers after God’s knowledge for our lives, for with out it, we will never grow in this life the way He would like.
In this article, we have several profound verses that are showing us that God is placing a higher value on pursuing His knowledge than pursuing all of the material wealth of this world.
Once again, here are 3 very good verses showing us how extremely important it is that we seek after the knowledge of God for our lives.
- “Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding; for her proceeds are better than the profits of silver, and her gain than fine gold. She is more precious than rubies, and all the things you may desire cannot compare with her. Length of days is in her right hand, in her left hand riches and honor. Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her, and happy are all who retain her.” (Proverbs 3:13)
- “How much better it is to get wisdom than gold! And to get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver.” (Proverbs 16:16)
- “There is gold and a multitude of rubies, but the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel.” (Proverbs 20:15)
In this day and age, most people have these verses backwards. With all of the material things we now have to buy and play with, many more people are seeking after the material wealth and possessions of this world instead of seeking after the knowledge of God for their lives.
For those of you who want a good discourse on seeking after the knowledge of God for your life, we highly recommend that you read our article, “Seeking After the Knowledge of God.” This article came in a bit longer than most of our other articles, but I wanted to cover this topic very thoroughly due to the extreme importance of it.
And again, this is the job of the Holy Spirit in our lives, to be our personal Teacher so we can learn everything the Lord will want to teach us in this life.
Not only will the Holy Spirit open up the Bible for us and help us understand what all of the different Scripture verses mean and how they can apply to the different parts of our lives, but He can also give us knowledge on anything else in our lives.
The Bible says that the truth will make you free – but you first have to see and understand exactly what that truth is before it can work to set you free.
If you enter into this realm with the Holy Spirit, He will at times allow you to see things from His point of view so you can see what the real truth is on many different matters in your life. And once you know what the real truth is on a certain matter you may be dealing with, then you will know how to properly handle it.
If you start seeking after the knowledge of God for your life, the Holy Spirit will also start to increase your intelligence levels. If you are adding more and more knowledge into your mind and brain, then you will not be able to help but get smarter and more intelligent. The mind and brain are like a muscle – use it or lose it.
9. The Holy Spirit Will Anoint Us With His Divine Power
Not only will the Holy Spirit be our personal Guide and Teacher in this life, but now He is going to take it even one step further. He is now going to anoint us with His divine power so we can be very good at the position that God will be calling us to play for Him.
If God is calling you to be a pastor, evangelist, doctor, teacher, or an attorney, then He will anoint you with His divine power so you can be very good in that specific calling. And this will be God’s divine power flowing and operating through you, not your own limited and imperfect power.
The anointing is really the power of the Holy Spirit operating through you so you can fully accomplish what God is asking you to do for Him. And not only can you have the anointing of God on your divine calling, but you can also have it on the other areas of your life as well.
God can anoint you with His divine power to witness to unbelievers, to cast out demons, to heal, to disciple and mentor newborns, to be good parents for your children, and to be a good spouse for your marriage mate.
The Holy Spirit is called the Helper in the Bible, and there is nothing that He cannot give you a helping hand on if you will be open to receiving this kind of help from Him.
Now here are some extremely powerful verses from the Bible showing you that God can anoint you with the divine power of His Holy Spirit.
- “For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.” (2 Chronicles 16:9)
- ”… but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits.” (Daniel 11:32)
- “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts. (Zechariah 4:6)
- “Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” (Luke 10:19)
- “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)
- “For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit …” (1 Thessalonians 1:5)
- “For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.” (1 Corinthians 4:20)
- “… in mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God …” (Romans 15:19)
- “Truly the signs of an apostle were accomplished among you with all perseverance, in signs and wonders and mighty deeds.” (2 Corinthians 12:12)
- “God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit …” (Hebrews 2:4)
- ”And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen.” (Mark 16:20)
- “And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.” (Acts 4:33)
- “But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you …” (1 John 2:27)
- “But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.” (1 John 2:20)
- “Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles.” (Acts 2:43)
If God highly anointed the first set of apostles to walk with His divine power so they could fully accomplish everything He wanted them to do for Him, then He can also anoint all born-again believers in this day and age with that very same power so we too can fully accomplish everything He will want us to do for Him in the perfect plan and destiny that He has set up for our lives.
10. The Holy Spirit Will Be Our Helper and Comforter in This Life
These next two ministries from the Holy Spirit are just going to add more to all of this. In the New King James Version of the verses I will give you below, they are calling the Holy Spirit the Helper. But in the Original King James Version of these verses, they are calling Him the Comforter.
As a result, I believe we can take both of these words as being two additional ministries that the Holy Spirit has with all of us.
Without question, we all need the Holy Spirit as our Helper in this life. With all of the things that can go wrong at a moment’s notice, sometimes His supernatural help is going to be the only thing that is going to get us through whatever adversity may have just struck us.
The Holy Spirit cannot only help you with some of the bigger things that will occur in your life, but He can also help you with some of the smaller things that you will need His help on. I have seen Him help many people with small and trivial things like where to find a misplaced item, and how to solve a minor problem at home, school, or the workplace.
There is literally an infinite number of things where the Holy Spirit can get personally involved in so He can give you a helping hand, since His knowledge on all things is perfect and ours is not.
Here are 4 very good verses showing us that the Holy Spirit is also our Helper in this life.
- “And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever …” (John 14:16)
- “Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send him to you.” (John 16:7)
- “But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.” (John 15:26)
- “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I have said to you.” (John 14:26)
And again, the Original King James Version is using the word “Comforter” instead of the word “Helper.” The word “Comforter” is telling us that the Holy Spirit can also help comfort us in this life. And we all need plenty of comforting from time to time due to all of the tragedy and misfortune that can hit anyone of us at anytime.
11. The 9 Gifts of the Holy Spirit
As we have showed you in our article titled, “The 9 Gifts of the Spirit,” there are 9 incredible powerful gifts that the Holy Spirit can manifest through any believer any time that He will want to do so. The 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit are the following:
- The Word of Knowledge
- The Word of Wisdom
- The Gift of Prophecy
- The Gift of Faith
- The Gifts of Healings
- The Working of Miracles
- The Discerning of Spirits
- Different Kinds of Tongues
- The Interpretation of Tongues
And here is the specific verse from the Bible where this powerful revelation is being given to us by the Lord:
“But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.” (1 Corinthians 12:7-11)
If you would like to see exactly what all 9 of these gifts are about so you can open yourself up to receive them from the Lord, please go to our article titled, “The 9 Gifts of the Holy Spirit.” In this article we give you a very good detailed explanation as what each one of these 9 gifts are all about.
All of these 9 gifts are major power gifts, and every believer should go to God in sincere and heart-felt prayer and ask Him to release any of these 9 gifts through them anytime He will want to do so. Some of these gifts can be actual lifesavers, as sometimes the Holy Spirit will manifest some of these gifts to save someone’s life.
12. The 9 Fruits of the Holy Spirit
And last, but certainly not least, there are 9 very special fruits that the Holy Spirit can transmit and impart into our personalities. The 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit are the following:
Now here is the verse where this incredible revelation is being given to us by the Lord:
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.” (Galatians 5:22)
These 9 fruits are divine attributes and qualities that will be coming direct from the Holy Spirit, not from ourselves. In other words, this will be God’s love, joy, and peace that will start to flow and operate through us, not our own limited and imperfect love, joy, and peace.
And once these kinds of divine qualities start flowing through your personality from the Holy Spirit, then you can begin to become the truly sanctified saint that God is calling you to become in Him in this life.
If would like to see a very good detailed article on these 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit, please go to our article titled, “The 9 Fruits of the Holy Spirit.” Since I have already gone in-depth on this subject matter in this article, I will not go any further with it under this caption.
Just suffice to say that this is another incredible, knock-your-socks-off ministry that the Holy Spirit has with each and every one of us – in that He is willing to release and impart 9 specific divine qualities and attributes up into our personalities so God can shape, mold, and transform us into the express image of His Son Jesus. It simply does not get any better than this!!
However, there is one more verse that I want to add to all of this that will really add some more meat to the above revelation on the 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit. This verse is coming direct from God the Father from back in the OT. Here is the verse, and then I want to point out something to you:
“I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you;; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.” (Ezekiel 36:26)
This is God the Father talking to the Jewish people back in the OT. He is talking about the day they will end up getting saved in Jesus. And notice how God words what is going to happen to them on the inside once they get saved.
They are going to receive the Holy Spirit and once that occurs, their hard heart of stone is going to be replaced with a heart of flesh.
A heart of flesh is a tender and compassionate type of heart. And this is what the Holy Spirit will do for every single believer. Now more than ever, we need to the Holy Spirit to tenderize people’s hearts, as the Bible tells us in the latter days that the love of many will be growing cold.
And when the love of many grows cold, their hearts are going to turn into hearts of stone, which will be hearts that will not be capable of feeling any kind of love, compassion, or empathy for anyone else but themselves.
This is another major powerful ministry that the Holy Spirit has with all of us – to turn our hard hearts into hearts of flesh so we can start to feel sympathy and compassion for other people.
Put this ministry in with the ministry of imparting the above 9 fruits into our personalities, and we are looking at an unbelievable, incredible, supernatural reality with the Holy Spirit.
And we, as born-again Christians, have direct access into all of this if we will just seek after it and work with the Lord once He starts it up in us.
When you really study and meditate on all of the above ministries from the Holy Spirit, we are talking about something so profound and so powerful, that I think many Christians are missing what we have available to us from the Holy Spirit.
If there is one thing that will get the Holy Spirit to move very strongly in some of the above areas, it has to be us seeking after this kind of heavier activity from Him.
Again, we have covered many of these topics in some of our other articles. In many of these articles we have given you some good advice on how to get this seeking show going with the Lord so He will start to interact back with you in some of the above areas.
Seek – and then you will find. Knock – and then the doors will be opened up for you.
But the reverse is also true. If you do not seek, then you will never find. I believe there are spiritual laws that are in operation in God’s kingdom, and if we do not put forth any effort to seek after God and all of His ways, then He is not going to be interacting back with us to any significant degree.
And once the Lord starts showing Himself to you in a wide variety of ways, your life will never be the same again, as you will find out very quickly that God wants to walk, talk, and fellowship with you on an everyday basis. And this is where the real adventure in life is really at – in walking very close with the Lord and being willing to share your entire life with Him.
Once you open yourself up to the Lord and start walking very closely with Him as you journey through this life, He will simply blow you away with how many times He will help you, guide you, and teach you, not to mention how He will start to mold and shape you into a better and more holy person through the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit.
And all of this kind of heavier activity can be given to you free of charge down here on this earth. You do not have to wait until you get to heaven to have the Holy Spirit release all of the above ministries in your life. It can all start right now, right where you are standing.
Just go to God the Father in sincere and heart-felt prayer and ask Him to have His Holy Spirit start to release all of the above ministries into your life at a pace that you will be comfortable in working with.
Tell God that you will work in cooperation with Him once He starts up this kind of activity in your everyday life. If you do, God will then take you very seriously and from there, He and His Spirit will start to slowly take you into some of the above ministries at a pace that He knows you will be able to comfortably handle.
These different ministries of the Holy Spirit need to be taught to every single believer so they will know exactly what they have available to them from the Lord. These ministries of the Holy Spirit are powerful and life-changing, and they will completely alter the course of your life if you decide to embark on this supernatural journey with the Lord.
Sunday 27th of November 2022
This article is one of the best I have read on this subject. To God be the glory!
Asiyo isa Sayo
Saturday 8th of October 2022
I really appreciate God for this article. I'm really blessed by it.may God bless the WRITER in Jesus name
Wednesday 23rd of June 2021
Thank you for an eye-opener teaching, thank you also for the articles mentioned, this article really brought me to my knees and realised I don't know God The Holy Spirit the way I'm supposed to.May God continue to equip you to share such profound knowledge, God richly bless you.
Pst peter clave opiche
Wednesday 16th of June 2021
I want to thank, our lord Jesus Christ for the promise fulfilled of the Holy spirit. He gave me this teachings to share with the church but I didn't have the clear revelation and that's when He lead me to this page, we are so blessed for the inner understanding. The Holy spirit gave me a summary of it but He lead me to the full knowledge. Thank you Holy spirit.
Thursday 21st of January 2021
praise be to God for this article. it was just what I needed in heeding God's call for my life. God bless you for this article..