The Doctrine of the Trinity # 7 of our Christian Tenants
This next doctrine is another major one that has to be fully believed and accepted. The Doctrine of the Trinity can be summed up in one key phrase:
One God in Three Persons
In our article titled, “The Doctrine of the Trinity,” we give you all of the major verses showing that both God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit are all God and Lord Themselves. As such, God the Father can now say that we are only dealing with one God, but one God in three separate and distinct Persons.
This particular doctrine is where you can really catch many of the other false religions that are in the world today. All of them will deny the divinity and deity of Jesus. They will say that Jesus was a great man and a great prophet, but they will never admit that He is both God and Lord Himself like God the Father and the Holy Spirit are.
Again, any denomination that does not preach and teach that Jesus Christ is both God and Lord Himself is not a true branch of Christianity and thus cannot be accepted and followed. That is why the doctrine of the Trinity is such a basic and fundamental doctrine of the Christian faith and has to be totally believed and accepted.
Bottom line on this doctrine – there is only one God, but one God in three separate, distinct Persons. This Triune Godhead is God the Father, His only begotten Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, with each Person of the Divine Trinity being co-eternal and co-equal.
This is part 8 of our 13 part series on the Basic Tenants of our Christian Faith.
1. An Introduction to the “Basic Tenets of Christian Faith”
2. Jesus Christ is the Only Way To Eternal Salvation With God the Father
3. We Are Saved by Grace Through Faith – Not by Works
4. Jesus Christ is the Son of God
5. The Incarnation of Jesus Christ
6. Resurrection of Jesus Christ
7. The Ascension of Jesus Christ
8. The Doctrine of the Trinity
9. The Holy Bible is the Inspired and Infallible Word of God
10. Baptized With the Holy Spirit at Salvation
11. Renewed – Regenerated By Holy Spirit
12. The Doctrine of Hell
13. The Return of Jesus