Using Praise And Worship In Spiritual Warfare
In our Sanctification Section, we have a very good article on being able to worship and praise the Lord. The title of this article is, “Worshiping the Lord.”
In this article, we give you 21 very good verses on being able to worship and praise the Lord in the Holy Spirit, along with giving you some commentary on some of the more intense levels of worship and praise you will see in the charismatic and non-denominational type churches.
However, what some Christians do not realize is that not only can you worship and praise the Lord in a church setting or in the privacy of your own home, but you can also worship and praise the Lord right in the middle of any type of spiritual warfare you may be going through.
You can use it right in the middle of an actual deliverance when you are casting demons out of someone, and you can also use it right in the middle of any type of personal trial and tribulation that you may be going through on your end.
I cannot tell you how powerful of a thing it will be with the Lord if you will start to worship and praise Him right in the middle of any type of heavy storm cloud you may be going through. There have been testimony after testimony of people receiving very dramatic miracles and breakthroughs in their adverse situations once they just stopped and then started to worship and praise the Lord.
One of the best books I have ever read on this topic was a book titled, “Power in Praise” by Merlin Carothers. This book was written years ago, but is still available at amazon.com.
In this book are incredible testimonies of people receiving miraculous breakthroughs from the bad trials they were going through once they just stopped and started to worship and praise the Lord right in the middle of their trying circumstances.
I cannot recommend this book highly enough if you would like to learn more about how powerful worship and praise can be with the Lord when you do it right in the middle of any type of severe adversity you may be going through.
So you can have some of the main verses on worship and praise right at your fingertips for this article, here are some main verses once again from our Bible on how God does wants us to worship and praise Him.
- “… the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” (John 4:23)
- “You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; For You created all things, and by Your will they exist and were created.” (Revelation 4:11)
- “Give unto the Lord the glory due to His name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.” (Psalm 29:2)
- “The Lord reigns; let the peoples tremble! He dwells between the cherubim; let the earth be moved! The Lord is great in Zion, and He is high above all the peoples. Let them praise Your great and awesome name – He is holy …. Exalt the Lord our God, and worship at His footstool; for He is holy.” (Psalm 99:1,5)
- “He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and broke their chains in pieces. Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He has broken the gates of bronze, and cut the bars of iron in two.” (Psalm 107:14-16)
- “You are my God, and I will praise You; You are my God, I will exalt You. Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.” (Psalm 118:28)
- “I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make its boast in the Lord … Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together.” (Psalm 34:1,3)
- “Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; and His greatness is unsearchable. One generation shall praise Your works to another, and shall declare Your mighty acts.” (Psalm 145:3)
- “I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify Him with thanksgiving.” (Psalm 69:30)
- “I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. May my meditation be sweet to Him; I will be glad in the Lord.” (Psalm 104:33)
- “Praise God in His sanctuary; Praise Him in His mighty firmament! Praise Him for His mighty acts; Praise Him according to His excellent greatness! Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet; Praise Him with the lute and harp! Praise Him with the timbrel and dance; Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes! Praise Him with loud cymbals; Praise Him with high sounding cymbals! Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord!” (Psalm 150:1-6)
- “Oh, sing to the Lord a new song! For He has done marvelous things; His right hand and His holy arm have gained Him the victory.” (Psalm 98:1)
- “But I will sing of Your power; yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning; for You have been my defense and refuge in the day of my trouble. To You, O my Strength, I will sing praises; for God is my defense, the God of my mercy.” (Psalm 59:16)
- “Oh, clap your hands, all you peoples! Shout to the Lord with the voice of triumph! For the Lord Most High is awesome; He is a great King over all the earth … Sing praises to God, sing praises! … For God is the King of all the earth; sing praises with understanding.” (Psalm 47:1,6)
- “Oh, give thanks to the Lord! Call upon His name; make known His deeds among the peoples. Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him; talk of all His wondrous works. Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those rejoice who seek the Lord. Seek the Lord and His strength, seek His face evermore. Remember His marvelous works which He has done, His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth …” (Psalm 105:1-5)
- “Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands! Serve the Lord with gladness, come before His presence with singing. Know that the Lord, He is God; it is He who has made us, and not we ourselves. We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations.” (Psalm 100:1-5)
- “Oh come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms. For the Lord is the great God, and the great King above all gods … Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord our Maker. For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand.” (Psalm 95:1,6)
- “Make a joyful shout to God, all the earth! Sing out the honor of His name; make His praise glorious. Say to God, “How awesome are Your works! Through the greatness of Your power Your enemies shall submit themselves to You. All the earth shall worship You and sing praises to You; they shall sing praises to Your name.” (Psalm 66:1-4)
- “Oh, sing to the Lord a new song! Sing to the Lord, all the earth. Sing to the Lord, bless His name; proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day. Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples. For the Lord is great and greatly to be praised; He is to be feared above all gods … Give to the Lord glory and strength. Give to the Lord the glory due His name; bring an offering, and come into His courts. Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness! Tremble before Him, all the earth.” (Psalm 96:1,7)
- “Let them praise His name with dance; let them sing praises to Him with the timbrel and harp. For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation. Let the saints be joyful in glory; let them sing aloud on their beds. Let the high praises of God be in their mouth … (Psalm 149:3)
- Then David danced before the Lord with all his might … “Therefore I will play music before the Lord. And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight.” (2 Samuel 6:14, 21)
As you can see from the very intense wording of some of these verses, God does want us to be able to worship and praise Him. And nothing will touch the heart of God more than if you start to worship and praise Him right in the middle of a severe storm cloud.
As we had stated in our last new article titled, “Do Not Hold Any Grudges Against the Lord,” it is very easy to have high levels of faith and trust in the Lord when everything is going good and great. But let a heavier type of trial come into someone’s life, and then all of a sudden their high levels of faith and trust in the Lord will take a major nosedive.
And from there, they will have to try and make sure they do not get mad at God, or stay mad at Him for any extended period of time.
If you are forced to face and engage with a heavier type of storm cloud in this life, and you may have to stay in that trial for a certain period of time, it would be our very strong recommendation that you worship and praise the Lord from time to time right in the middle of that bad trial – even if you are mad at God at the moment, or you do not feel like doing it due to the raw and negative emotions you are still experiencing.
Once you go into that worship and praise mode with the Lord, the Holy Spirit could then rise up in you, and all of a sudden you will feel His peace and joy start to run through you. And once you feel the peace and joy of the Holy Spirit start to run through you, then you will realize that God really does have all of your problems in the palm of His hand and that He will help you handle it and get through it.
Again, major miracles and breakthroughs have occurred throughout the years with many people once they had let go of their problems and fully surrendered their entire problems into God’s hands for His full handling. And from there, were not too mad at God to continue to worship and praise Him.
If you were not aware that you could worship and praise the Lord right in the middle of a severe trial, or right in the middle of spiritual warfare where you are attempting to deliver someone from demons, I will leave you with two pieces of advice on this.
1. Worship and Praise in the Middle of a Deliverance With Demons
If you are attempting to deliver someone from demons, then you will definitely want to add the element of worshiping and praising the Lord from time to time – especially if the Holy Spirit leads you to do so right in the middle of a deliverance.
There have been documented cases of demons being completely expelled out of a person once the deliverance team started to worship and praise the Lord right in the middle of the actual deliverance. The reason worship and praise is so powerful and so effective is because Satan and his demons absolutely hate it every time they see Christians worshiping and praising the Lord.
Satan wanted all of that kind of worship for himself when he was up in heaven. And every time He sees one of us doing this with the Lord, it is a constant reminder of his own defeat with the Lord and his own expulsion out of heaven.
So if God is raising you up to have any kind of a deliverance ministry for Him, what I would highly recommend is that you carry two or three of your favorite worship and praise CD’s with you in the event you feel led by the Holy Spirit to all of a sudden to want to do it right in the middle of an actual deliverance.
Go ahead and start to worship and praise the Lord in the way and manner that is most comfortable for you and your deliverance team and stay with it as long as the Holy Spirit will lead. Sometimes this will either drive the demons right out of the person, or it will severely weaken them so that when you do go back into the battle, they will be much easier to cast out.
Also, if you can, try and get the person who has the demons on the inside of them to join along with you. But if they do not want to do so, or they are not comfortable in doing it, do not force it on them. Just explain to them what you are doing and why you are doing it, and then tell them to just sit back and relax, and enjoy the music and the worship and praise that you will be doing with the Lord.
Again, this will drive the demons right through the roof when you start to do this with the Lord – and some of them, if not all of them, could easily come right out of that person right in the middle of you worshiping and praising the Lord.
This is an extremely powerful, spiritual warfare tool, so do not ever be afraid to use it right in the middle of an actual deliverance, especially if you get a strong leading from the Holy Spirit to do so.
2. Worship and Praise in the Middle of a Personal Trial
Again, the second area where you can use worship and praise as a warfare tool is right in the middle of any kind of personal trial that you may be going through on your end.
As we explained to you in our last article, “Do Not Hold Any Grudges Against the Lord,” once you are hit with any kind of severe adversity in this life, you can never lose your faith and trust in the Lord. You have to stay fully surrendered and fully connected to the Lord so He can continue to help you get through the trial. If you bail out on the Lord, you will pull away and disconnect from the one and only Person who can help you get through this trial.
As you are going through the trial, the Holy Spirit Himself will start to guide you through it, letting you know exactly what the Lord will want you to do on your end.
And do not be surprised if from time to time you all of a sudden get a very strong leading from the Holy Spirit to want to start to worship and praise the Lord. If you do, I would strongly recommend that you go with that leading, even if your hurt and wounded emotions do not feel like doing it.
If you do, and you let go to do this with the Lord, you will really touch Him because He will see that you are doing everything you can on your end to stay very close to Him, and that you are fighting through some very raw emotions to even want to do this with Him in the first place.
Again, you will touch the very heart of God if you can learn how to worship and praise Him right through the worst and most trying times of your life. This is very powerful stuff!!!!
As I said at the top of this article, one of the best books that I have ever read on this topic is “Power and Praise” by Merlin Carothers.
Once you read this kind of a book with all of the incredible testimonies in it, you will be totally convinced that worship and praise with the Lord can also be used in personal trials and even when delivering people from demons. God not only loves to be worshiped and praised right in the middle of a church service, but He also loves to be worshiped and praised right through the most trying of times in your life.
Since our God is still a God of big miracles, many of the times going into worship and praise with Him could completely turn the tide for you in your own personal trial – and all of sudden the miracle or breakthrough that you are looking for will come shortly after you had just got done worshiping and praising Him.
So if you were not aware that worship and praise could also be done with the Lord right in the middle of a personal trial, or right in the middle of an actual deliverance with demons, it would be our very strong recommendation that you also add this in your own personal walk with the Lord.
The above verses alone, when really meditated and chewed on, will show you how powerful of a thing it really is with the Lord if you can learn how to worship and praise Him from your spirit.