This next basic tenet is one that really separates the Christian faith from many of the other false religions that are in the world today. The false religion of Islam states that there is no way that God would ever have any type of begotten Son. But our Bible is once more very clear on this doctrine and as such, we have to believe and accept this tenet as a basic fundamental tenet of the Christian faith.
Here are 6 very good verses all telling us, without any other possible interpretation, that Jesus Christ is truly the only begotten Son of God the Father.
- His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” (John 3:15-18)
- “And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest …” (Luke 1:31)
- “And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in Him, and He in God.” (1 John 4:14)
- “And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.” (1 John 5:11-12)
- “God, who at various times and in different ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things …” (Hebrews 1:1-4)
- “And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.” (John 20:30-31)
If you believe that all of the Bible is truly the inspired and infallible Word of God, then the above verses leave no room for any further discussion or any other type of interpretation. Jesus Christ is truly the Son of God the Father, once more ending any further discussion on this basic fundamental tenet.
This is part 4 of our 13 part series on the Basic Tenants of our Christian Faith.
1. An Introduction to the “Basic Tenets of Christian Faith”
2. Jesus Christ is the Only Way To Eternal Salvation With God the Father
3. We Are Saved by Grace Through Faith – Not by Works
4. Jesus Christ is the Son of God
5. The Incarnation of Jesus Christ
6. Resurrection of Jesus Christ
7. The Ascension of Jesus Christ
8. The Doctrine of the Trinity
9. The Holy Bible is the Inspired and Infallible Word of God
10. Baptized With the Holy Spirit at Salvation
11. Renewed – Regenerated By Holy Spirit
12. The Doctrine of Hell
13. The Return of Jesus