The next basic fundamental tenet that must be fully believed and accepted is that all of the Bible has come directly to us from God the Father through the Holy Spirit, and that all of it is totally infallible and inerrant as a result. Since all of the Bible has been totally inspired by the God through the Holy Spirit, this now makes all of the Bible totally infallible and inerrant since both God the Father and the Holy Spirit are totally perfect in Their actual personalities.
The Bible is the real Word of God. The Bible is God’s direct Word to all of us. As such, God has made sure to make all of it completely reliable, trustworthy, and truthful so we could all be totally dependent upon it for our daily living with Him.
Here are two key, powerful verses giving us this direct revelation that all of the Bible has been given direct to us by the inspiration of God Himself through the Holy Spirit:
- “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16)
- “… knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.” (2 Peter 1:20)
These two verses specifically tell us, without any other possible interpretation, that all of the Bible has been given to us by the “inspiration of God” through holy men who were “moved by the Holy Spirit” to write what they wrote! In other words – all of the words in the Bible have come directly to us from God the Father through the Holy Spirit. The specific authors of the Bible then wrote under the guidance, inspiration, and illumination of the Holy Spirit.
Again, if any church or denomination does not preach that all of the Bible is totally inspired by God, along with all of it being totally infallible and inerrant, then I would not trust that church and I would go to another one that does teach that all of the Bible is totally inspired by God the Father through the Holy Spirit, along with all of it being totally infallible and inerrant. I do not believe there is any slack with God the Father on this issue since the Bible is God’s only direct Word to all of us down here on this earth.
If our Bible is the real Word of God, then we can totally trust that God has given us a fully finished and completed piece of work. As such, all of it will be totally infallible and inerrant since all of it is coming direct from God Himself. If God Himself is totally perfect, then we can count that all of His Word to us will also be totally perfect.
In our Statement of Faith, we once again state that we believe that the Holy Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God and that it was given to us by inspiration of God through the Holy Spirit for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction so that we may all be made complete and thoroughly equipped for every good work for the glory of God Himself.
This is part 9 of our 13 part series on the Basic Tenants of our Christian Faith.
1. An Introduction to the “Basic Tenets of Christian Faith”
2. Jesus Christ is the Only Way To Eternal Salvation With God the Father
3. We Are Saved by Grace Through Faith – Not by Works
4. Jesus Christ is the Son of God
5. The Incarnation of Jesus Christ
6. Resurrection of Jesus Christ
7. The Ascension of Jesus Christ
8. The Doctrine of the Trinity
9. The Holy Bible is the Inspired and Infallible Word of God
10. Baptized With the Holy Spirit at Salvation
11. Renewed – Regenerated By Holy Spirit
12. The Doctrine of Hell
13. The Return of Jesus