Not only does God the Father want to heal you, not only does His Son Jesus Christ want to heal you – but now God wants to take it one step further. He now wants to anoint His believers with His supernatural power to be able to heal others.
Do you get the big picture on all of this? If God is wanting to anoint His believers with His supernatural power to be able to heal others – then this is telling us that God is now placing the gift of healing as a major blessing within His Body so we can have it available to us when we may need it.
The reason for this is because God wants to anoint and empower His people to be able to go to work for Him in preaching the gospel to the rest of the world and doing what He wants them to be doing in their specific calls for Him. You cannot work for God full force in this life if you are constantly battling one ailment after another. You have to be operating in some kind of good physical health in order to be able to max out in your specific calls and duties for the Lord.
Since we all live in a cursed and fallen world as a result of the curse of Adam and Eve – anyone of us can get sick at anytime. As a result, God has to have the gifts of healing operating within His Body so as to help get us back up and running if we do get hit with any kind of sickness or disease.
Sometimes God will choose to heal you through the doctors and medical profession, but other times He will choose to heal you direct Himself or through the prayers of other anointed believers.
Now here are the specific verses that will show you that God really does want to anoint His Body with His supernatural power to be able to heal others.
- And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe: in My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” (Mark 16:15)
- “Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases.” (Luke 9:1)
- “And He called the twelve to Him, and began to send them out two by two, and gave them power over unclean spirits … And they cast out many demons, and anointed with oil many who were sick, and healed them.” (Mark 6:7,13)
- “And when He had called His twelve disciples to Him, He gave them power over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease.” (Matthew 10:1)
- “But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as you go, preach saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ “Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.” (Matthew 10:6)
- “Now God worked unusual miracles by the hands of Paul, so that even handkerchiefs or aprons were brought from his body to the sick, and the diseases left them and the evil spirits went out of them.” (Acts 19:11)
- “And it happened that the father of Publius lay sick of a fever and dysentery. Paul went in to him and prayed, and he laid hands on him and healed him.” (Acts 28:8)
- “And the multitudes with one accord heeded the things spoken by Philip, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did. For unclean spirits, crying with a loud voice, came out of many who were possessed; and many who were paralyzed and lame were healed.” (Acts 8:6)
- “Therefore they stayed there a long time, speaking boldly in the Lord, who was bearing witness to the word of His grace, granting signs and wonders to be done by their hands.” (Acts 14:3)
- “And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” (Matthew 16:19)
- “Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.” (1 Corinthians 12:4)
The last verse is the one telling us about the 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit that are still available to the Church today. And one of those 9 gifts is the gift of healing! This means that the Holy Spirit Himself can manifest the power to heal someone through any believer at anytime He will want to do so.
I believe all of the above verses are definitely telling us that not only can God heal, that not only does He want to heal – but many of the times He actually will heal if He is properly approached. So how do you properly approach God for your healing? Through prayer, which will be the next caption.
An Introduction to the “Healing Verses Of The Bible”
1. Our God is a Merciful God
2. God the Father Does Have the Power to Heal You
3. God the Father Does Want to Heal You
4. Jesus Christ Does Want to Heal You
5. God Will Also Anoint You With His Power to Heal
6. The Power of Prayer
7. Having Faith and Belief That God Can Actually Heal You
8. Hindrances to Receiving a Healing
9. Psychological Factors For Healing
10. The Sin of Gluttony
11. God is Still Sovereign in All of His Ways