If all of the above verses are showing us that it was the will of God the Father to want to heal His chosen people back in the Old Testament – then the next set of verses will be showing us that it was also the will of Jesus Christ to heal when He was walking in the New Testament.
If God the Father was constantly healing His people back in the Old Testament when they were walking right with Him – then it should come as no surprise that His Son Jesus will be wanting to do the exact same thing as He was walking among us in the New Testament. And that is exactly what you will find. Jesus was constantly healing people that came to Him, especially when they came to Him with enough faith and belief that He could actually heal them.
Here are 11 key Scripture verses showing how active Jesus really was in the area of divine healing when He was walking with the full power of God for about three and half years.
Notice the first verse says the same thing about Jesus that it did about God the Father – that He is the same today as He was yesterday. This means that if Jesus had a desire to heal when He was walking on our earth 2000 years ago – then He will still have that same desire to want to heal anyone in this day and age!
- “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.” (Hebrews 13:8)
- Then Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit to Galilee … “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor. He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.” (Luke 4:14,18)
- “… how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.” (Acts 10:38)
- “But when Jesus knew it, He withdrew from there; and great multitudes followed Him, and He healed them all.” (Matthew 12:15)
- “And when Jesus went out He saw a great multitude; and He was moved with compassion for them, and healed their sick.” (Matthew 14:14)
- “Now it happened on a certain day, as He was teaching, that there were Pharisees and teachers of the law sitting by, who had come out of every town of Galilee, Judea, and Jerusalem. And the power of the Lord was present to heal them.” (Luke 5:17)
- “And when the men of that place recognized Him, they sent out into all that surrounding region, brought to Him all who were sick, and begged Him that they might only touch the hem of His garment. And as many as touched it were made perfectly well.” (Matthew 14:35)
- “… who came to hear Him and be healed of their diseases, as well as those who were tormented with unclean spirits. And they were healed. And the whole multitude sought to touch Him, for power went out from Him and healed them all.” (Luke 6:17)
- “But when the multitudes knew it, they followed Him; and He received them and spoke to them about the kingdom of God, and healed those who had need of healing.” (Luke 9:11)
- “When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick.” (Matthew 8:16)
- “Now Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of diseases among the people.” (Matthew 4:23)
If you study very closely what God the Father did with the Jewish people back in the Old Testament, and what Jesus did with all those around Him in the New Testament, there was a definite pattern to Their ministries. And one of the blessings that both God and Jesus would manifest on a very regular and frequent basis was the gift of healing!
This is the last part of our 11 part series on healing verses of the Bible.Here are links to the other parts..