As a result of more people being impatient, having short fuses, and with everyone always being in a hurry – many people have lost the ability to treat others with kindness and respect.
A kind word, a kind action to another person can really do wonders for them.
When you really study the life of Jesus in the New Testament, you can really tell how kind He always was with other people in His dealings with them.
Jesus is without question, the ultimate role model for all of us of someone who was fully walking and operating in all 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit.
The quality of kindness will go hand in hand with the quality of love. Once the Holy Spirit starts to transmit His love up into you, the quality of kindness will follow right along with it. It will then become much easier for you to be able to be kind to others once the love of God starts to flow more into your personality.
You cannot help but be more kind to others if God’s love is flowing through you. This is why the quality of love has to be the main quality that you really concentrate on getting more of from the Holy Spirit. Once the love of God starts to flow and operate through you to touch others, many of the other fruits of the Holy Spirit will then start to follow right after it in domino fashion.
Here are some of the different definitions of what real kindness is all about:
- Quality or state of being kind
- The steadfast love that maintains relationships through gracious aid in times of need
- Goodness of heart, serviceable, good, gracious, pleasant
- Love for mankind, hospitality, acts of kindness, readiness to help, human friendship, benevolence, taking thought of others
- Goodness in action, sweetness of disposition, gentleness in dealing with others, affability
- The ability to act for the welfare of those taxing your patience
As you can see from some of these different definitions, this is a very beautiful quality to have transmitted up into your soul and personality by the Holy Spirit. Not only will you be able to touch others with this godly quality, but you will also be able to touch yourself – because you will feel so much better about yourself if you can learn how to treat others with much more kindness and respect in your daily dealings and affairs with them.
Here is a listing of all the 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit and the link to each article on the particular fruit.
An Introduction to The 9 Fruits of the Holy Spirit
1. Love – 2. Joy – 3. Peace – 4. Longsuffering – 5. Kindness
6. Goodness – 7. Faithfulness – 8. Gentleness – 9. Self Control