Healing Verses Of The Bible

As a result of the curse of Adam and Eve that is still in full operation on this earth – disease, sickness, and illness are still part of the big picture that we all have to put up with. As we all know, anyone of us at anytime can get sick.

We all know the different things that can happen to our bodies that can cause them to breakdown, and in some cases, seriously disable us. Just about any part of the human body can get hit with some type of cancer, and in some of these cases, these cancers can be terminal.

However, as Christians, we have an all-powerful God who not only has the power to fully heal us from any specific ailment that may strike us, but that He actually does want to heal us many of the time if we properly approach Him in our prayers.

In this article series, I will give you 89 of the best verses from the Bible pertaining to being able to receive a divine healing from God the Father. As you will see in some of these specific verses, not only can God heal us, but many of the times He will actually want to heal us.

I will break these Scripture verses down under their specific captions below so you can fully grasp the revelation that God is trying to transmit to us on being able to receive a full divine healing from Him when we will really need one. We decided to make each section it’s own article. You can click on the following links and then at the end, I will give my conclusion.

Conclusion

Though there are times God will decide not to heal for whatever His personal reasons may be – there are definitely going to be other times that He will move in to heal if He is properly approached in your prayers to Him. Since God is totally sovereign in His very nature and in all of His ways, this means you never know when He may move in to heal someone.

This is why you should never be afraid to approach God’s throne boldly and with confidence if either you or someone else you know is needing a physical healing from Him.

You have absolutely nothing to lose in trying and everything to gain by pressing in. For those of you who would really like to get serious with the Lord on being able to get more healings to manifest from Him for either yourself or any of your close loved ones – it would be my strong recommendation that you type or handwrite out all of the Scripture verses listed in this article and put them on index cards.

If you are willing to do this, then you will have right at your fingertips all of the major healing verses of the Bible to use in your own personal healing prayers to God the Father. Just simply pick the verses that will apply to the specific situation that you may be dealing with, and then storm the gates of heaven asking God to move in to heal based upon the wording of many of these verses.

God loves it when you quote His own Word back to Him. This shows Him that you have been doing your homework, and that you are seeking to learn more about Him and this subject by studying and meditating on these kinds of verses. This kind of intense seeking activity may be just enough to get God the Father to want to heal you or the person you may be praying for!

Seek – and then you will find. Ask – and you just may receive!

Comments

86 Responses to “Healing Verses Of The Bible”

1. Rene - November 28, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Each time I listen to the word of God I cry so much bc I was once his child bf the devil deceived me.God has saved me so many times when I was critically ill.and now no going back bc I knowJesus loves me .i will for ever praise him.

2. Pelagia - August 30, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Help me with prayers I know it’s only God who can heal 25 years with a headache that does not stop for a minute that when the healing waters of God flow let me be there now every part of my body is painf

3. Bernetta Rivers - July 10, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Thank you this is needed because my cousin is in the hospital today after having a heart attack and I wanted to know the proper scriptures to read to heal physical pains in her body. To god be the glory and I am standing faithfully in agreement with her from Isaiah 53:5.

4. John Edwards - July 10, 2013 at 4:47 am

"He [God] will actually want to Heal us." And, "Though there are times God will decide not to heal for whatever His personal reasons may be – there are definitely going to be other times that He will move in to heal if He is properly approached in your prayers to Him." Where does this false teaching come from? God is no respecter of persons, no? We stop our own healing's by taking Communion unworthy to name one way. Allowing un-foregiveness to take root, anger, pride, et. God every day all day wants to heal us, He wants to restore us back before Adam fell. Your statement contrary to the nature of God is off track.

5. Rachael - May 25, 2013 at 3:55 pm

My six year old girl had a growth in her ear and was scheduled to have a surgery to remove it. But within the six weeks we were given to wait for the surgery it completely healed. I was initially worried by the long period of waiting because of the pain she was going through, I was even tempted to look for an alternative hospital but because of the high rate of medical treatment I was forced to wait. But then the Holy Spirit reminded me about the verse in the Bible that said Jesus took upon Himself our disease when He hung on that cross on Calvary………and by His stripes we are HEALED(past tense). Oh my baby and I latched to that and it happened for us. I told her that whenever the pains came she should declare with her mouth that by His stripe she is healed. She did and I also declared it on her behalf. JESUS is the same yesterday today and forever, He is still in the business of healing to the end of time. Praise Jesus hallelujah.

6. Shirley - November 21, 2012 at 6:40 am

My ex-husband and father to my only son, Jeff, had a stroke, 3 days ago, Please pray for healing as I do care what happens even though we are no longer married. My son is very worried about his dad. They want to perform a tracheotomy so he can breathe better. I believe he also has something wrong with his brain. They could not operate on his brain. They are trying to let medication take care of the brain. I don’t know all the details just brief things my son has told me. Please pray for his healing. My son as not brother/sisters. He is not real close with his dad either. Thank you so much for your prayers. May our Lord bless you just for praying with me.

7. Arlene - November 10, 2012 at 10:50 am

Let god be the truth and EVERYAN be a lire. The Bible says…By His stride we ARE healed. But also remember…it is appointed unto every man to die and then judgment. Jesus saw the people, had compassion and healed them all. BUT even the people Jesus healed are all dead. Jesus does heal but one day somethind will kill each of us.it becomes about when our number is up. The MOST important think is for each one of us to be ready…

8. Gloria - September 18, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Hi,I am 40 years old and I have glaucoma, its been a rough road and my faith is not has it should be, I pray to God and Jesus everyday to help me first with my faith because that way I know then I can get with my healing. right now I been getting sick a lot, stomach problems and a lot of dizziness.God please help me ,please bless me. Help my mother and my father and my sister, you know that we all need you and helps us always to look for you and please have mercy on me and my all family. Amen.

9. Jade - September 15, 2012 at 3:44 am

The Lord is taking me on this journey to build up the faith He has given me with His Word….Faith comes by hearing the Word, or should we say reading it over and over, letting it get grafted into our heart and spirit.

Thank you for putting up all these scriptures and info. on healing. And, testimonies are great too.

A few days ago I prayed over my body and commanded my sinus problem and skin rash to go in the name of Jesus and immediately they went. I don’t have sinus problems anymore and the skin rash is gone! It is written in Luke 10:19 that we have authority over all the spirits of the enemy and there is usually a spirit behind a disease or sickness. Also,’by His Stripes we were healed’ Amen! Although, I do agree with you that if a person does not get healed it is probably because they are in some kind of sin, or they are reaping what they are sowing (Gal 6:7) – for example, if all you eat is Cheetos and pizza you will get sick and probably have a heart attack, or it is just there time to go home with the Lord. Our days are numbered. And, not everyone is going to go home with the Lord like Enoch did.

Nevertheless, the Lord is good all the time (His character does not change) – “And we know that all things work together for good for those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” (Romans 8:28)

10. Lynell - September 12, 2012 at 2:13 am

I received a miracle this summer! The doctors said that I had lymphoma and after my biopsy, they said that it was not lymphoma but sarcoidosis. I truly feel and believe that the Lord healed me and he spoke to me and told me that he said that he would take care of me. I get scared and weak and I am learning that those are the times when I am supposed to draw nearest to God. I have always believed that God can. I am just so happy that he does. I love the Lord! I am thankful!

11. Catherine Mugo - August 31, 2012 at 1:30 am

I was going through my facebook account and then i found a post talking about healing. I have been praying for healing for sometime now but nothing seemed to happen so after i read the post i decided to google about healing and i came across this website..I know ALL this is God’s doing i mean me finding this website FOR Iknow AND BELIEVE that with HIS STRIPES I AM HEALED..MAY THE GOOD LORD BLESS U

12. In need - August 19, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Hello people, I have read this statement(s) and Its amazing what I have leartn…
    Its cool..
    I need physical healing…
    I have issues with my heart and lung.
    I just wish/hope/pray it will be healed…
    I do get discouraged at times but Its OK 🙂
    Hope everyone gets their healing 🙂
    amen

13. Patricia - August 8, 2012 at 8:20 am

The Lord led me to this website today, as I was seeking scriptures on healing. I received all the information I needed to boldly approach God’s throne of grace,equipmented with His word as I pray for my healing to manifest itself. I received ound scriptural advise today.I have also been led to pray for others who have sent in comments regarding their prayer requests. God is always on time and is a very present help in time of trouble. He is a strong tower and the righteous run in and are saved. I know God has the power to heal, has healed others time and time again. If God has told you that he is going to heal you, then be still and rest in that promise. He is not a man that He should lie, nor the son of a man that He should change His mind. Whose report will you believe? I believe God’s.

14. melissa - August 7, 2012 at 5:41 am

This was a very motivating site for me , thankyou Lord for making me find this site in the first place, i know you wanted me to know that you love me and nothing is impossible with you lord and Jesus christ. i belive and i know that my mother in law faustina will be healed completly from the illness that she is undergoing right now and she will be out of danger and will be able to breath witout the help of the ventilator with your power lord.i belive that you are going to give her your divine healing Jesus and she will be fine soon.Thankyou Jesus , Praise you Lord.

15. Moses Garcia Jr. - August 7, 2012 at 2:05 am

I always have chronic back pain and prostate problems, I will ask and pray for forgiveness and clean my soul to the lord for natural healing. I am not a bible reader, but I ask for prayer that I will find a new church that will show me the the way to the lord.

16. oyinkan - August 6, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I av been sufering from skin problems now for like 12 years and it hhas gone 4m worse to worst. Please join me in prayers to God to heal me of all my infrimies please am really desperate. Thisis because it has led to depression and am scared it might lead to oda things some of which has alredy strated like very very low self esteem. Thank you and God bless

17. Grace - July 30, 2012 at 9:11 am

To Mike, the writer of this article, thank u so much! I need to make this short as I’m so excited to get on my knees and talk to God. I’ve been battling with different illnesses week after week ever since I started to recommit my life to God. I’ve kind of expected “challenges” in my Christian life but I am thankful coz I have Him. I’d rather have a life that’s full of challenges and have God beside me than a life that seems easy but without Him; there will still be challenges either way anyway.

To Frances, pray for God’s will in your life. He will give you the “perfect” man in His perfect time, just patiently wait and obey Him. I am so blessed to have a husband who is God-fearing and he loves me so much. Just the other night, I cried so bad at around 2-3 am as the pain in my arms, back and legs were unbearable. I was diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis last year. He woke up to give me a massage and hot compress and kept giving jokes to help me forget the pains and simply just to make me happy despite the torture I was feeling. He has been uplifting me when I’m down and God uses him to give me strength. I declare that you will soon meet the man that God has chosen for you. But in the mean time, I hope u focus on God and let Him be the center of your life.

PS. When my husband fell asleep at around 3:30am, I still couldn’t sleep because the pain was really severe. I did not wake my husband anymore as he already did his best and I don’t think he can do more. I just talked to God one on one as humans can only do so much. God is still the one who can help us, heal us, love us and save us like no one else can! Even after meeting your perfect match, I hope you still love God first. 🙂

18. Frances - July 28, 2012 at 3:00 pm

I need a different kinf od healing. I am alone and so lonely that i do nto wknow what to do with myself. I have been seeing someone but they want more than when i can give. It is very very difficult. It seems so easy to just want into a situation that is not good for me. Everyone I know has someone. Me…I want a husband to share life and happiness with as well as quite intimate time. Does anyone else struggle with this?

19. JW Salter - July 22, 2012 at 6:41 am

I can use some of your verses thank you. I do have a question though do you think the hate powering out of the white church today, directed at democrats ingeneral and Obama in particular is okay. Many and I mean many seem to equate holiness to republicanisum. Even my so called christian friends that don’t agree make up excusses for them and try to justify them. They don’t even need the Holy Spirit anymore to lead them they have placed there trust in Fox News. As soon as Fox tells them they will be goose steping and stoning ones that have a different opinionb than them. Pleas respond I will love to see how sneaky you people manuver around in there justification.

You people seem concerned about the eveils of homosexuality and sex outside of marraige. But embrace fear, its bastard offspring hate, ignorance, backbiting, envy.

Throughtout my 20’s I lived a very rough lifestyle. I was cut with a knife 2 times and shot at 3 times. But none of that thugisim comes close to what is in the tyoical white church. In my opinion.

It became so evel I quit being a Christion. I didn’t wwant anytone to call me that word. However, I still did love Jesus and started going to blcak church.

20. Clara - July 12, 2012 at 7:19 am

Dear Lord My King,

I come to you today and ask that you forgive me for my sins! That you raise me up out of my sickness with complete healing to support those who have fallen. I ask Dear Lord that you have mercy and heal all on this site who you believe will continue to spread your word and work towards your glory!
    As Job 42: 5 says ” I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance”. And the Lord blessed Job who “lived 140 years after that…then he died an old man who had lived a long good life”. I praise your name, you are my King, and believe in your mercy and grace! Thank you for your wonderful blessings! I I praise your name Jehovah, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit!

21. Lara - July 11, 2012 at 3:27 pm

I praise God for the scriptures and for the testimonies given , and those yet to be given. Thank you for your words of encouragement. All praise, glory and honor to God!

22. Mike - July 5, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Glory to God in the highest!

Here is my proof that God has worked his way in me. Recently I had an awful condition where I had pain-sore and read about all “so-called-facts” off the internet. It threw life out of gear as I thought the inevitable is at hand. A week before I could see a doctor, I realized that my faith in the Lord was weak. Like never before I prayed and kept seeking the Lord. Before long I had an MRI and a biopsy done – waited long in pray and trusted in the Lord’s Will. And now the doc gives me a nod and a smile and kicks me out of the clinic never to see him again – God willing!

I believe that a sinner like me all my life, who in all my acts never brought Glory to our Lord, was still touched and heard by the Lord then so can every believer. All we need to do is TRUST and have FAITH IN THE LORD for HE IS ALMIGHTY and an AWESOME GOD for which it is worth living in Jesus Christ each day and if we can no longer live, it is worth dying in Christ only to be resurrected in that “perfect body” that God has in store for you in the heavens for eternity.

REPENT – PRAY – SEEK SALVATION!

23. Marva Bryan - June 25, 2012 at 5:27 am

This is an amazing resource for those of us seeking Devine healing. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! May God richly bless you and your work.

24. Nancy Adams - June 17, 2012 at 6:09 am

John 5:14 says all prayers shall be answered,i believe praying to God for healing is the answer to all diseases,amen

25. david d wright - June 1, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Awsome. Love. It. Good word with power. But when pray. Must. Recev. What we ask and like this said. Bleve on it. God loves. For us to cry out for him and he wants to be close to us he love us. So ask. Bleve. Step out in faith. And stand in some one places. All the father needs is dfor some one to bleve cry out recev. Trust. On him bleve on him but things must be in aline with his will and its all ways his will we must. Unstand no and if or butts. Thk u I am praying for.a loved one plese agree with me if two or more. Agree it shell be done. Thk you father in your son name I ask. We recev