All of the above verses are definitely showing us that not only does God the Father have the personality attributes to want to heal us, but that He also has the full divine power to actually be able to heal us – no matter how severe the sickness or illness may be. However, will He actually do it if you properly approach Him in your prayers?
These next set of verses will show you that not only does God actually want to heal us – but that He can and will heal us if certain conditions are met. Not only does the Bible give us knowledge and information on the personality attributes of God and Jesus, but it also shows us how many times in the past God and Jesus have actually healed other people.
Once you read how many times God and Jesus were healing other people back in both the Old and New Testaments, then this will help build up your own faith and belief that just maybe God and Jesus can also do the exact same thing for you.
Again, study these next set of verses very, very carefully. These specific verses are all showing how God the Father can heal His own if they are walking in good stead with Him.
1. This first verse is a major foundational verse that needs to be fully committed to memory. It tells us that God the Father does not change – ever! In other words, God the Father is the same today as He was yesterday, and that He will be the same for all of eternity. This is why God the Father is totally dependable.
“For I am the Lord, I do not change …” (Malachi 3:6)
2. These next verses are all showing us the times that God the Father was healing His own chosen people back in the Old Testament. If God the Father has not changed, and if He was healing His own chosen people back in the Old Testament – then this means He can and will continue to heal His own chosen people in the New Testament, which are all saved and born-again Christians!
The very first verse will specifically tell us that if we belong to Jesus, then we are all part of “Abraham’s seed,” and we are thus all “heirs” to the same blessings that God the Father was giving the Jewish people back in the Old Testament. And one of those blessings was divine healing whenever they would need it.
These verses will show you how active God the Father really was in the area of divine healing when the Jewish people were walking right with Him.
- “And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” (Galatians 3:29)
- “If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you.” (Exodus 15:26)
- “And the Lord will take away from you all sickness, and will afflict you with none of the terrible diseases of Egypt which you have known, but will lay them on all those who hate you.” (Deuteronomy 7:15)
- “So you shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you. No one shall suffer miscarriage or be barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days.” (Exodus 23:25)
- “He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.” (Psalm 107:20)
- “He also brought them out with silver and gold, and there was none feeble among His tribes.” (Psalm 105:37)
- “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: who forgives all your iniquities; who heals all your diseases …” (Psalm 103:2)
- “Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. He guards all his bones; not one of them is broken.” (Psalm 34:19)
- “For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds,” says the Lord. (Jeremiah 30:17)
- “O Lord my God, I cried out to You, and You have healed me.” (Psalm 30:2)
- “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds … Great is our Lord, and mighty in power …” (Psalm 147:3)
- “And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19)
- “But those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing.” (Psalm 34:10)
- “For the Lord is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.” (Psalm 84:11)
- “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10)
All of the above verses are definitely showing us how active God the Father really was in taking care of the Jewish people back in the Old Testament. Notice some of the specific wording:
- Put none of these diseases on you
- Take away from you all sickness
- Sent His word and healed them
- There was none feeble among His tribes
- Heals all your diseases
- Guards all his bones – not one of them is broken
- Restore health to you and heal you of your wounds
- Heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds
Notice in three of these verses God is giving perfect health to all of them when He specifically says that “none“ of the diseases shall fall on them, that there was “none feeble among the tribes,” and that He would take away “all” sickness from within their midst!
An Introduction to the “Healing Verses Of The Bible”
1. Our God is a Merciful God
2. God the Father Does Have the Power to Heal You
3. God the Father Does Want to Heal You
4. Jesus Christ Does Want to Heal You
5. God Will Also Anoint You With His Power to Heal
6. The Power of Prayer
7. Having Faith and Belief That God Can Actually Heal You
8. Hindrances to Receiving a Healing
9. Psychological Factors For Healing
10. The Sin of Gluttony
11. God is Still Sovereign in All of His Ways