The 9 Gifts of the Holy Spirit

In addition to the 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit, the Bible also tells us that there are 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit.

For the record, we feel that the 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit are much more important than the 9 gifts are.

As the 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit have to do with God imparting part of His divine nature into the core of our personalities to help make us into a much better and holy people.

God’s ultimate aim for all of us is our sanctification in Him, and part of that sanctification process has to do with the Holy Spirit Himself transmitting 9 specific divine qualities and attributes into our personalities.

But if the 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit are the cake, then the 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit are the icing on the cake.

Put these two together, and allow God to work with a believer with both sets of these 9 fruits and 9 gifts.

And you will have one mighty sanctified soldier of Jesus Christ, as the 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit will give you some serious heavy ammunition to have at your disposal as you walk with God’s anointing in your daily life.

I call the 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit torpedo gifts, as the Holy Spirit can manifest any one of these 9 gifts through any believer anytime that He will want to do so.

Each one of these gifts are major power gifts, and they are all direct, supernatural, miraculous manifestations direct from the Holy Spirit Himself.

And any Christian can get themselves in proper place to receive these 9 gifts, as the apostle Paul himself tells us not to be afraid to try and stir up these 9 specific gifts with the Lord.

Here is the direct verse from our Bible on the 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit:

“But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.” (1 Corinthians 12:7-11)

Now I will number and bold each one of these 9 gifts of the Spirit so you can have all of them right at the top of this article at a very quick glance:

Not only does the Bible tell us that these 9 gifts of the Spirit are available to all believers, but then it takes it one step further and tells us that we can actually try and stir these 9 gifts up with the Lord.

Here are 5 very good verses telling us to not only desire spiritual gifts, but to also not be afraid to try and stir these gifts up with the Lord:

1. “Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy.” (1 Corinthians 14:39)

2. “… and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.” (1 Corinthians 14:1)

3. “Do not quench the Spirit, do not despise prophecies.” (1 Thessalonians 5:19)

4. “Do not neglect the gift that is in you … Meditate on these things, give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all.” (1 Timothy 4:14)

5. “Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.” (2 Timothy 1:6)

As such, every believer should go to the Lord in prayer and ask Him to release these 9 gifts through them anytime that He will want to do so.

Let God know that you will be a willing vessel for the manifestations of these gifts, and that you will give Him a full and solid green light to manifest these gifts though you at anytime that He will want to do so.

These 9 gifts are a tremendous help and aid to not only you in your own personal walk with the Lord, but many of them can be also used to help other people out as special needs and circumstances arise in their lives.

Notice the very first line in this verse says that these 9 gifts are given to each one for the “profit of all.”

I will go ahead and break down each one of these 9 gifts of the Spirit into their own article so you can click on the link to read each one.  And then come back and read my conclusion.

As you reach each of the gifts  you can see exactly what each one of these 9 gifts are all about, and how important they can become in your life if you will only allow the Holy Spirit to manifest them through you at anytime that He will want to do so.

Conclusion

Just stop and think about what all 9 of these gifts from the Holy Spirit are really about. We are talking about God Almighty Himself coming down and manifesting a part of Himself through these 9 gifts, since God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are perfectly one with one another in the Divine Trinity.

This is what I call push-the-envelope kind of activity with the Lord. With every single one of these 9 gifts being direct, miraculous manifestations from the Holy Spirit, you are attempting to tread into deeper waters with the Lord. And that is exactly what God is asking all of us to do with these 9 special gifts.

When the apostle Paul, who I believe was the greatest of all of the New Testament apostles, tells us to “desire earnestly” these spiritual gifts and not to be afraid to try and stir these gifts up with the Lord, then you know God the Father is giving all us a big, fat, whopper green light to come after these 9 specific gifts.

Just think how many more people you can help and save if you will allow the Holy Spirit to manifest some of these 9 gifts through you from time to time.

Each one of these 9 gifts are major power gifts, and most of them are allowing the Lord to come in and manifest Himself to help someone else out.

Though Jesus is in heaven right now with His Father, we all still have the Holy Spirit living on the inside of us. And through the Holy Spirit, both God the Father and Jesus Christ can still manifest Themselves into our daily lives and any situations that we will need Their help on.

God and Jesus are still in the rescue, help, and deliverance business – and if you will allow God to manifest these 9 gifts through you from time to time, you yourself can become an actual partaker in some of Their divine, rescue, deliverance missions.

You yourself can help carry on the divine supernatural ministry that Jesus left behind when He ascended to His Father.

Per the new article we just put up, “The Great Commission – Save, Heal, Deliver and Disciple,” these 9 special power gifts will really help you in being to able save, heal, deliver, and disciple other people in this life.

I call these torpedo gifts, because they are like bullets loaded in a gun, ready to shoot out of you at anytime under the control and direction of the Holy Spirit. These 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit are the ammunition you will need to go to war for the Lord to help set the captives free, as the Bible is telling all of us to learn how to become good soldiers of Jesus Christ.

Combine these 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit with the 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit so God can transform and mold you into the kind of person He wants you to become in Him, and you will then become a truly sanctified, fully-loaded, God-warrior like King David and Joshua were.

Then you will be ready to take on the real Goliaths of this world with absolutely no fear, since you know now that you have the power of the Holy Spirit Himself on the inside of you.

Then along with these 9 special powerful gifts of the Spirit that can be manifested through you at anytime to help either yourself or any other people as different needs will arise in their lives.

Comments

119 Responses to “The 9 Gifts of the Holy Spirit”

1. Darlington ofongekpe - February 8, 2016 at 3:58 pm

Can any of these gifts manifest in a christian without working for it. Some says God can just give it to someone as a grace while some says if a Christian earnestly work for it he too can get all.

• Ntandazo - February 21, 2016 at 12:37 pm

Hi Darlington the gifts of the Spirit are given to us freely but we have to Desire them and walk in love and be obedient to the Lords voice thank you i hope my comment will help

• Servant of God - June 12, 2016 at 8:41 am

It is written: Ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

It is a gift, Darlington. You do not work for a gift. As the LORD and he will give you the Baptism of the Holy Ghost. God bless you!

2. adesina akinfolarin - January 26, 2016 at 2:03 pm

I have looked up and down , left and right, front and back, north and south, east and west; there is no other power one may require than to be filled with these divine power ofthe holy Spirit and these 9gifts which can not be purchased. When one is loaded with these, one is able to help himself and others. Please pray along with me as I go to bed tonight that I receive these powerful amunitions. Thank you for this lecture, may the Lord anoint you the more. I am really blessed .God bles
    s you.

3. Servant R.O Sithole - November 26, 2015 at 3:08 am

Brethern, let us learn to appreciate the little achievement that our fellow brothers have, let us indeed acknowledge the efforts of others. Being consent with plural and singular issues, is like one is negative, come on. My fellow saints of God, keep on pasting, you do great different in the lves of many, who are positive when they come across the Good News. Be secured.

4. apostle NJUMBE Samuel - October 30, 2015 at 11:28 pm

Simple article. Sweet blend of character and power. Even Jesus said to the seventy after their joyous return” rejoice not that the devils were subject to you but rather that your names are written in heaven” check any one manifesting these gifts without the fruit of the Spirit. He may not be of God! Thank you Jo.

5. Seyi Shodipo - August 31, 2015 at 12:26 pm

I really appreciate God in your life,when am going through your words of wisdom from the Holy Spirit,He Himself stirred up in me and my heart full of joy.
    I know that any Christian without the Holy Spirit, is just an ordinary religion worshipper.
    Holy Spirit is a PURE being!!!

6. Thelma Hooper - August 19, 2015 at 6:49 am

I was trying to find exactly where in the bible I could find the gifts and the fruits of the Spirit. I came upon your site and was very impressed, it not only told me where I could find it in the bible, but gave a beautiful explanation of why and how we need it in our life to be true Christians and fight against the powers of evil.

7. Adewole Israel - April 5, 2015 at 4:47 pm

I thank God because of your Life sir,you have been so wonderful. this explanation and Revelations are so grate. I pray that God in His infinite mercy will continue to uphold you not to go back or Compromise the true Faith. Amen

8. Samuel - November 25, 2014 at 2:59 am

This is amazing.. It is a mantle of enlightment of the diverse gift of the Spirit. Which without it, we can not go far, even unto Heaven as true Christians. A big thanks to the Author.

9. jennette - July 20, 2014 at 11:37 pm

This was very helpful now i know what im in for!!! I have a few of the gifts such as healing and discernement i had no clue why i was seeing demons.i mean i knew i had discernment but i ussally only felt their presence near me this also works on people and animals as well.but i didnt always see demons. I have to wear glasses so the world always looks burry now i know why god made my eyes bad so i can see the demons better.i see them like how the road looks when its hot that clear wave above the cement.thats what they look like but i havent always been able to see that.but with gifts there are draw backs demons are attracted to me because they know i have it. Please pray that some day the demons will never touch me ever please!! One time one tryed to posses me it was really scary.i just know since i have gotten stronger one.day soon maybe sooner then we thought the apocalypse is coming

10. Anne - February 7, 2014 at 5:13 am

My dad is 81 and very poorly and in hospital my mum is very anxious, neither of them are saved. Please pray as I learn more from my study on this site, that God may use me to help bring about their salvation. Please pray for me as my mum does not allow me to speak and does not even like me to visit as my mum likes to call all the shots. It has to be her way and it is making everthing very difficult for me. I know with God’s help he can fill me to overflowing with His spirit to do His work through me, regardless of the opposition from my mother. My mum and dad are Anna and Alex Riddick. Thank you so much. God bless you x

• Amy Howell - December 12, 2016 at 3:37 pm

Anne, Love and Prayers here with you from Illinois. I know if you keep on seeking the Lord’s face for yourself and pray intercessory prayers for your family members yet to be saved, that the Lord will do MIRACULOUS things. Pray it, speak it, walk it out sister.

11. john - July 28, 2013 at 3:39 pm

I Have been told many times that all of the gifts worked in me. I Only Know When it is The Lord I Neve Asked For His Stuff it Was Given. I Think it is More about The Depth Of Repentance And Humility. The 3 knowing gifts work daily As We Go About Life The Others Are Situational A God Wants

12. Glenn Mettlen - June 17, 2013 at 8:39 pm

It makes me angry when a pastor of a church tries to tell me that my experiences wernt really from God . I KNOW FOR A FACT THEY ARE, YOU CANT WARN PEOPLE IF THEY DONT TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY.

13. Glenn Mettlen - June 17, 2013 at 8:34 pm

I have experienced some very powerfull things from the Holy Spirit Of God! And I know for a fact they are real and nobody can tell me different. I had the Joy of Heaven Pored out on me for being obediant also The Spirit speaking to me through my thoughts. I know the last day is gomming very soon now , ITS TIME TO BE BOLD ABOUT YOUR FAITH!

14. tyrone stansberry - June 2, 2013 at 11:28 am

Interesting articles however as of yet I have never come in contact with someone who has all of the gifts of the spirit. The body of Christ is made up of many members with different gifts.

15. irene makadzange - May 20, 2013 at 9:02 am

thank you very much for the teaching.the word of God says,”my people perish because of lack of knowledge” may i once again say thank you dear.Can you now give us the the 9 fruits of the Spirit running concurently with the gifts of the Spirit so that we will be equiped for the work of God.

16. Will Gibson - March 12, 2013 at 3:11 pm

YES YES YES! Very well writen. This helped me alot in teaching this to the young guys i am discipling. The only part that i feel a little different on is the Speaking in Tongues. I believe that Speraking in Tongues and Praying in Tongues are two seperate things. Speaking being when someone gets up to speak in the church, which requires interpritation, and Praying in Tongues or praying in the spirit which is as you discribed. Nit-picking I know. lol I really enjoyed this. Grace and Peace!

17. beckechen marvin - December 31, 2012 at 10:22 am

The Holly Spirit is our enhancer,enhancing the gifts within so that we can appreciate acknowledge the good things within us and seeing Almigthy God at work in every situation of our lives.

18. kyle l - October 18, 2012 at 12:26 pm

You missed it with the discernment of spirits. Discernment of spirits is around occultic people as well in their atmosphere and by choice and not just necessarily a posession.

Thanks

19. Samantha - June 16, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Wonderful, this article truly has given me insight to my troubles of unlocking the gifts of the Holy Spirit. I cannot wait to continue my journey and connect even more to the Holy Spirit and God!!

Agape

20. Pamela - June 15, 2012 at 12:48 am

Hi, Iread your article with great interest as I have always been interested in reading and learning more about the ‘gifts of the Holy Spirit’. Sadly some churches now do not use these gifts and believers are not allowed to use them fully. It is I believe something that grieves the Holy Spirit when He is kept on the outside of situations where believers meet together. Very very upsetting when God is kept in a box.

21. stanton - June 5, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Hi. Please can you help me in the area of activating the gifts of the Holy spirit im my life. Ive read the above article, read the scriptures but still having trouble in this area. I am born again christian baptized for more than 10 years now. I love the Lord and want to advance my spiritual life for the Kingdom of God.
    Thanks
    God bless

22. Andy A - June 2, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Thank you so much for this wonderful write-up. I find this piece very educative and helpful for my Sunday school workers’ class tomorrow. It saved me the anxiety I was getting into. I believe after my prayers, God led me to your great website. I asked for suggestions on topics to present for this month’s theme in my Church but couldn’t get any that met my yearnings. Rather the person told me she had a dream and saw me delivering a powerful talk in Church. May the Lord continue to use you mightily to encourage and grow the Body of Christ and may God’s annointing on you never run dry in Jesus name – AMEN!!!

23. onaghinor francis - May 18, 2012 at 2:19 am

i was really bless after reading all the nine(9) gift of the Holy Spirit, I pray God in is infinite wisdom and knowledge give us all the wisdom to mkae effective use of the gift of the Holy Spirit He has bless us with. Amen

24. Apostle Jamel F Reed - May 17, 2012 at 7:24 am

Grace and Peace! Rhis article was VERY informative and enlightening! I’m EXTREMELY blessed just by reading it and now have an even deeper desire and commitment to impart this knowledge to others! Continue to let God use you in these Last and Evil Days.

25. Mary - May 11, 2012 at 10:50 am

Thank you very much for the information on the 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit….
    I have been praying for the few days for the Gift of Speaking in Tongues
    and Gift of interpretations.

Please can you guide me , as i am very thristy to receive these gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Also please pray for me.