Sometimes God will not move to heal someone due to some type of block or hindrance. Once this person finds out what that block or hindrance is and gets it properly removed, then many of the time God will move back in to fully heal them.
The following verses will give you some major insight into what some of these hindrances and blocks can be. Again, study these verses very carefully and make sure you do not have any of these possible hindrances before approaching God for your own personal healing. If you do have any of these blocks or hindrances operating in your life – then you will be wasting both your time and God’s time if you start praying for a healing before that block is properly removed.
1. The first block, and this is a major one, is the sin of unforgiveness. As you will see in the following Scripture verse, God the Father will not even begin to hear any of your own personal prayers if you are holding any kind of unforgiveness towards anyone. And if God will not hear any of your own personal prayers – then you will have little or no chance of getting any type of divine healing from Him.
This particular sin is one that God really does not like. The fact that He specifically isolates this sin in reference to your personal prayer life in the following Scripture verse is showing you the extreme importance of it, and that He does not want you holding any type of unforgiveness towards anyone else – no matter how bad any anyone else may have ever hurt or wronged you in your past.
I have read testimony after testimony from people who walk with God’s healing power as part of their anointing, that many of the times God will not heal someone who is holding any kind of unforgiveness towards anyone else. However, once that unforgiveness has been properly taken care of and removed, then God will move in to heal that person.
If you are operating in this specific sin and are holding any type of serious grudges or unforgiveness towards anyone else – then you will need to go before God the Father, confess this sin out, and then tell Him that you will now fully forgive all of the specific people who have ever wronged you in your past.
Tell Him that even though you may not “feel” like you are forgiving these people within your own mind and emotions – tell Him that you are now taking a bold step of faith and that you will now make this confession with your mouth, out of your mind, and that you will do your best not to hold the past against these people.
If you are willing to take this kind of powerful stand with the Lord, then over the course of time God will start to take out the negative emotions of that unforgiveness, and pretty soon you will no longer even feel this unforgiveness towards that person like you had in the past. God will do inner spiritual surgery on the inside of you to remove all of those negative feelings.
Here is the verse.
“AND WHENEVER YOU STAND PRAYING, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.” (Mark 11:25)
If God will not forgive your own trespasses if you are operating in this sin when you are trying to pray to Him – then I also believe that He may not answer any of your prayers when you are trying to pray for something specific. I believe the four key words in the above verse is “whenever you stand praying.”
2. These next 6 verses will follow-up very nicely to the above verse on unforgiveness. The first verse in this next set will tell you that if you have any kind of “iniquities” that you may be operating in, then this will cause God the Father to hide His face from you and that He will then not “hear” you when you try and pray to Him.
If you are out cheating on your spouse operating in the sin of adultery, then there is a very good chance that God may not hear any of your prayers. And if God is not hearing any of your personal prayers to Him, then you may not be able to receive a divine healing from Him when you will really need one.
So if you are really serious about wanting to approach God the Father for a divine healing, the first thing you must do is make sure that you do not have any sins that may need to be forgiven and washed clean under the Blood of Jesus. You may want to ask the Holy Spirit to help you out. Ask Him to show you if there are any sins that you may not be aware of that will need to be confessed, forgiven, and washed clean under the blood of Jesus.
If you are willing to go this far with the Lord, then you may have just removed any major blocks or hindrances in being able to receive a divine healing from Him. You may have just dramatically increased your chances of now being able to receive a divine healing from God.
Here are the verses. Notice the specific wording in some of these verses – that God will “hear the prayer of the righteous” but that He is “far from the wicked”, that no good thing will He withhold from those who are walking “uprightly,“ that we will receive answers to our prayers if we “keep His commandments and do them,” and that He will put “none of these diseases on you” if you “do what is right in His sight and keep all His statutes.”
Keep these kinds of verses front and center in your walk with the Lord so that you do not do anything that will prevent Him from wanting to work full force in your own personal walk with Him.
- “But your iniquities have separated you from your God; and your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear.” (Isaiah 59:2)
- “The Lord is far from the wicked, but He hears the prayer of the righteous.” (Proverbs 15:29)
- “For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.” (Psalm 84:11)
- “And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.” (1 John 3:22)
- “My son, do not forget My law, but let your heart keep My commands; for length of days and long life and peace they will add to you.” (Proverbs 3:1)
- “If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you.” (Exodus 15:26)
I believe all of these verses are giving us major insight as to why sometimes we are not getting answers to some of our prayers, especially in the area of divine healing. There is simply no sugarcoating what these verses are trying to tell us.
Even though all of our past, present, and future sins will be fully forgiven under the blood of Jesus, we still have to make every concerted effort on our end to try and stay out of sin. And once we know that we have fallen into a specific sin, then we have to recognize it and admit it before the Lord, and then confess it out to Him as a sin so we can receive His full forgiveness for it.
I believe one of the main reasons why more people do not receive divine healings from the Lord may be due to sins that may not have yet been forgiven because they have not been recognized as actual sins, or that person is unwilling to have their sins be properly dealt with by God the Father.
A person may be operating in the sin of adultery and he simply does not want to give it up. And until he does, there is a very good chance that God will not be hearing any of his prayers, especially in the area of divine healing.
This is why I strongly recommend that anyone who is seeking after a major miracle from God in the area of divine healing – that you ask the Holy Spirit to help you out in discovering what those sins may be that will need to be confessed and forgiven with God the Father. This strategy right here may be the difference as to whether or not you receive a full divine healing from the Lord.
This is the last part of our 11 part series on healing verses of the Bible. Here are links to the other parts..