It is quite obvious that God the Father has the full divine power to fully heal you of any disease or sickness that could strike your body. So how do you get God to release His healing power directly to you to either heal yourself or someone else you may be praying for?
By direct prayer to God the Father. And sometimes that prayer has to be a prevailing type of prayer, which means that you keep praying to God until you get the healing to fully manifest onto the affected part of the body that will need the healing.
There are many different types of prayer strategies that you can take with the Lord in your own personal prayers to Him. I will be discussing some of these different types of prayer strategies in other articles. But for the sake of this article and this caption, I will give you some specific verses that are telling us that sometimes we have to pray direct to God the Father for a full healing to manifest.
The first 3 verses are specifically telling us to “pray” to God when we are sick and need a healing.
- “Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray.” (James 5:13)
- “Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the Church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.” (James 5:14)
- And it happened that the father of Publius lay sick of a fever and dysentery. Paul went in to him and prayed, and he laid his hands on him and healed him.” (Acts 28:8)
- “The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.” (James 5:16)
- “Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” (Hebrews 4:16)
- “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.” (Matthew 7:7)
- “Yet you do not have because you do not ask.” (James 4:2)
- “And there is no one who calls on Your name, who stirs himself up to take hold of You …” (Isaiah 64:7)
- “So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one.” (Ezekiel 22:30)
- “He saw that there was no man, and wondered there was no intercessor; therefore His own arm brought salvation for him …” (Isaiah 59:16)
- “Therefore He said that He would destroy them, had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, to turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them.” (Psalm 106:23)
Notice the last 4 verses are showing us that God is actually looking for intercessors who are willing to stand in the gap for other people who are needing God’s help in some way! And in some of these situations, these people have become sick and are needing a physical healing from the Lord. As an intercessor, you can actually stand in the gap for these people and pray to God for their healing.
I’ve done a much more detailed article on the power of intercessory prayer and how powerful of a weapon it really is in the hands of someone who knows how to do this with God the Father. Many major miracles can be brought down from heaven with this kind of prevailing intercessory prayer.
An Introduction to the “Healing Verses Of The Bible”
1. Our God is a Merciful God
2. God the Father Does Have the Power to Heal You
3. God the Father Does Want to Heal You
4. Jesus Christ Does Want to Heal You
5. God Will Also Anoint You With His Power to Heal
6. The Power of Prayer
7. Having Faith and Belief That God Can Actually Heal You
8. Hindrances to Receiving a Healing
9. Psychological Factors For Healing
10. The Sin of Gluttony
11. God is Still Sovereign in All of His Ways