Healing Verses Of The Bible

As a result of the curse of Adam and Eve that is still in full operation on this earth – disease, sickness, and illness are still part of the big picture that we all have to put up with. As we all know, anyone of us at anytime can get sick.

We all know the different things that can happen to our bodies that can cause them to breakdown, and in some cases, seriously disable us. Just about any part of the human body can get hit with some type of cancer, and in some of these cases, these cancers can be terminal.

However, as Christians, we have an all-powerful God who not only has the power to fully heal us from any specific ailment that may strike us, but that He actually does want to heal us many of the time if we properly approach Him in our prayers.

In this article series, I will give you 89 of the best verses from the Bible pertaining to being able to receive a divine healing from God the Father. As you will see in some of these specific verses, not only can God heal us, but many of the times He will actually want to heal us.

I will break these Scripture verses down under their specific captions below so you can fully grasp the revelation that God is trying to transmit to us on being able to receive a full divine healing from Him when we will really need one. We decided to make each section it’s own article. You can click on the following links and then at the end, I will give my conclusion.

Conclusion

Though there are times God will decide not to heal for whatever His personal reasons may be – there are definitely going to be other times that He will move in to heal if He is properly approached in your prayers to Him. Since God is totally sovereign in His very nature and in all of His ways, this means you never know when He may move in to heal someone.

This is why you should never be afraid to approach God’s throne boldly and with confidence if either you or someone else you know is needing a physical healing from Him.

You have absolutely nothing to lose in trying and everything to gain by pressing in. For those of you who would really like to get serious with the Lord on being able to get more healings to manifest from Him for either yourself or any of your close loved ones – it would be my strong recommendation that you type or handwrite out all of the Scripture verses listed in this article and put them on index cards.

If you are willing to do this, then you will have right at your fingertips all of the major healing verses of the Bible to use in your own personal healing prayers to God the Father. Just simply pick the verses that will apply to the specific situation that you may be dealing with, and then storm the gates of heaven asking God to move in to heal based upon the wording of many of these verses.

God loves it when you quote His own Word back to Him. This shows Him that you have been doing your homework, and that you are seeking to learn more about Him and this subject by studying and meditating on these kinds of verses. This kind of intense seeking activity may be just enough to get God the Father to want to heal you or the person you may be praying for!

Seek – and then you will find. Ask – and you just may receive!

Comments

86 Responses to “Healing Verses Of The Bible”

1. Eric Wynne - May 30, 2012 at 6:45 pm

I am a Noongar Man from the South West of Western Australia, please pray for me, I have Renal Failure, have been on Dialysis for two year, I don’t believe that any child of God should be sick, it is the work of the Devil, Jesus died for our sickness and sins, I pray that this sickness go in the name of Jesus and claim the victory of the Cross. Amen

2. whitney - May 17, 2012 at 1:02 pm

hello there,
    i have been going through some extremely difficult situations recently and when i get down on my knees to pray,i just am uncapable of knowing what to say. yesterday, i got diagnosed with ovarian cancer and i was told to begin preparations for chemotherapy and radiation treatment. my doctor also told me to be prepared for the worst possible outcome just in case. i dont know what to do anymore. i am in the air force and so i dont want anything to mess that up and then my doctor told me it would be impossible to have children in the future. i know that i have a high risk of bodily harm that can not be repaired and i know that there is a chance that i could not make it through this. just all of these realities are destroying my faith, my hope, and most of my dreams. i dont know what to do. but seeing these verses really inspired me to keep fighting.

3. Pamela - May 4, 2012 at 10:48 am

Seeking prayer to heal mother of dementia disease. Can you share any battle strategies and or testimonies against one of the chronic diseases of this century.

4. steven - May 2, 2012 at 6:19 am

After reading this Article on healing, My Spirit has been uplifted. I have a throat Infection and I am too scared to actually go to the Doctors to get it checked. I eventually put all my faith into God and went and he told me I have nothing to worry about, its just an infection and will get better.
    Im also going to take a second opinion on this.
    However GOD is wonderful because his word is alive and he can cure absolutley anything. Because he he was whipped and beaten for our sins..
    Amazing Article!

5. Vilma - May 1, 2012 at 12:03 am

Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

I was so blessed to read a lot of testimonies what God done into our lives so as healing. I really much appreciated if you please include in your prayers my sister. Her half body was numb due to a diabetic stroke. I believe that God will heal her like what He did to a crippled man but by faith he was healed. Amen

Thanks for the prayers…

6. David - April 29, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Pray this prayer of faith to receive healing into your body:

“Heavenly Father, your Word declares that Jesus took my infirmities and bare away my sicknesses, and that by His stripes I was healed. It is your will to heal me, and it is my legal right to possess it. I take authority over all sickness and disease in my body in the name of the Lord Jesus. I break all inherited generational curses of infirmities, and I command spirits of infirmity to come out of me now in the name of Jesus. Sickness and disease, leave my body in the name of Jesus. I come boldly unto the throne of grace, and I take hold of your healing power. I thank you that your healing power is flowing into my body, healing me now! In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

By praying this prayer, you have released your faith, and healing is flowing into your body. Continue to pray this prayer until the healing is completely manifested. Don’t waver or doubt.

7. David - April 29, 2012 at 5:02 pm

amen on Matthew 3:11 yes, not sprinkled like Catholic do

8. Shelley - April 24, 2012 at 2:43 pm

I was starting to be “afraid,” due to bowel problems thinking something awful was going on. Went to the Dr. & he said “Just Irritable Bowel Syndrome.”
    Said take Metameusal every day. My left heel was hurting day & night. I jumped to the conclusion it was a bone spur… Dr. said, “NO” it’s Planter’s Faceitis… Wear shoes with more arch support & it will go away.

Jumping to conclusions about physical problems only causes “More Stess” on us. Come to me all you who are ‘heavy laden’ & I will give you “REST.”
    FOR MY YOKE IS EASY & MY BURDEN IS LIGHT. Thank you Lord.

9. David - April 24, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Pray this prayer of faith to receive healing into your body:

God bless your walk with the lord amen!!!

10. Cara - April 23, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Prayer Request: Hi I would really appreciate it if you all could pray for my healing 🙂

I am 22 years old. I had a right-hemisphere stroke almost 3 months ago which expanded into 3 strokes because I did not go to the hospital right away (the stroke was caused by a dissection in my carotid artery). After the strokes, I am left with left side paralysis of the body with some cognitive issues such as short-term memory loss, focus/attention issues. I have 100% faith that God WILL heal me completely physically and cognitively on His timing but would still like some more prayers for quicker healing please :-).

Cara Lee

11. Shelley - April 18, 2012 at 10:28 am

I have read these women’s sincere requests & prayed. Psalm 103 says…”I will heal all your diseases.” Notice the Lord didn’t say one disease (or) some diseases… HE SAYS… ” I WILL HEAL ‘ALL’ YOUR DISEASES.” I have been healed of mold poison, mercury poison & infectious bites.

Be strong in the Lord & be of Good Faith. He hears your “Fervent Prayers”
    family of God… He hears.

12. Diane - April 6, 2012 at 3:45 am

Thanks so much for this article. I have a dear friend who has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. She has been told she has three months. She has already beaten breast cancer and cervical cancer. She is a lovely person and has devoted her life taking care of others, especially children. Please keep her in your prayers. Thanks.

To Esther, I will keep your mom and your family in my prayers. I will stand in faith with you that God will heal her physical body.

13. Arlene - April 4, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Esther…

God is NEVER early and NEVER late but ALWAYS right on time…We do not leave this eargth one day before God is ready for us nad will not stay fone more day than he wants us to. He said in his word that he know the number of our days before the foundation of the world.

Satan is the one who causes illness, not God. Remember that. However, God is more intersted in the eternal state of our soul than he is about our body. We all walk the path of death alone nin many ways. As family members we can onlt be there to love and support the people we love and cherish. So, while God does what God does, you need to love and support your mom. I will certainly bring her before te Lord for HIS PERFECT WILL BE DONE IN HER LIFE AND WITH HER HEALTH.

WE WILL ALL LEAVE THIS EARTH AT SOME POINT. EVEN THE PEOPLE THAT JESUS COMPLETELY HEALED ARE GONE. IT IS JUST SAD WHEN WE HAVE TO WATCH OUR LOVEONES GO THROUGH THIS. TAKE THIS TIME TO HELP YOUR MOMTHER PRAY FOR FORGIVENESS OF SIN AND ANY WRONG IN HER LIFE AND MAKE SURE THAT SHE REALIZES HSE WILL ONLT LEAVE THE BOBY BUT THAT HER SOULD WILL LOVE FOREVER SOMEWHERE. jESUS WANTS IT TO BE WITH HIM. HE LOVES US SO MUCH HE NEVER TAKES HIS EYES OFF OF ANY OF US.

MY PRAYERS ARE ALWO WITH YOU AS YOU GO THROUGH THIS. I LOST MY MOTHER OF CANCER WHEN I WAS 9 YEARS OLD AND THEN LOST MY DAD OF A HEART ATTACK WHEN IWAS 12 YEARS OLD. SO I KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO BE WITHOUT PARENTS. CHERISH YOUR MOM, LOVE HER, MAKE HER COMFORTABLE AND ASK GOD THAT IF HE IS NOT GOING TOH EAL HER TO TAKE HER QUICKLY SO SHE DOES NOT HAVE TO SUFFER…

WARM REGARDS TO YOU…In Jesus name..I BELIEVE…

14. Esther Wu - April 4, 2012 at 3:56 am

Hi,

I and my family members including my father and my mom and my two brothers are experiencing God right now, because my mom is facing her Giant — that is pancreasity cancer at the fourth stage. She is found with this condition one month ago. And several medical doctors have already said that she only has three months to two years to live. However, we keep asking God to heal her in His own way. We rejoice and pray to God every night to invite Him to do His miracle in her life. When I first knew her sickness, I pray to God and the verse came out in my mind, John 11:4 When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.
    I hope you all could pray for my mom to be healed and seize her pain in her liver and pancreasity and the terminal tumor would not kill her until the day Jesus agrees. Many thanks.

Esther Wu from Taiwan

15. Deborah McCain - March 21, 2012 at 10:05 pm

I am a miracle myself. The Lord Jesus has healed me of many diseases. Just last year I was diagnosed with vestibular disease, but God has already begun a work in me. One of the greatest stories in the Bible about healing to me is about Hezekiah. IIKings chapter 20. Read the story about David. He went to the valley to pick up his stones to fight the battle. We are going to be stronger after we travel this valley. Reach out and claim your miracle. I have just published a book about miracles. If I could encourage you or send you a book please call me at 601-823-0895.

16. Arlene - March 20, 2012 at 11:34 am

Thank you for the scriptures. I enjpyed reading them. I havea a spot in my home that i have decided to dedicate as a place to knell and pray. A place where i can place my sacrifice of prayer to God that his will be done in my life. Paul had a thorn in his flesh and asked God to remove it. God did not as it perfected Paul to do the work of God. I loved this scripture you wrote…For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion …”Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills … But indeed, O’ man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, “Why have you made me like this?” Does not the potter have power over the clay …” (Romans 9:15-21)

When God does not move in your life or in a situation, trust God that he KNOWS what is BEST. God sees the bigger picture. He knows what is going to happen tomorrow and in the future. Because of his love and mercy, he will often spare someone from something by not doing what they ask. Let go and Let God be God. God know’s best…Remember…Paul had a thorn in his flesh that he asked God to remove and God did not…Everything has a purpose and a reason…we just need to remember God sees the future and sometimes if God healded us, we may end up going against god or doing something that God does not want us to do. He is divine. He knows what is best. e is the ruler of the universe..He created it for HIS PLEASURE. We are his people and we are to serve our Master…

17. bonolo - March 20, 2012 at 3:58 am

what the interesting healing verses… My Pastor Desmond Jilimba of True Word Ministries always says Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God…. thank you so much for this inspiring verses… may the Lord give you more… GOD BLESS….

18. Declane Ndu - March 15, 2012 at 2:31 pm

I have found your site very interesting and wish to know and worship God the more through your help, as lam inspired with the scriptures that l read herein. I would like to be receiving some God’s books to help me grow spiritually. I am located in Lagos-Nigeria.

19. Agnes - March 8, 2012 at 5:00 pm

The word of God says, “You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.” This is the truth that we NEED to hear and act upon. We might not want to hear some things but the truth stands. Thanks for this inspired teaching.

20. breekay - March 6, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Thank you for writing this as a reminder to have hope and faith in the midst of anxiety. I believe and have faith that God has already healed me. By His stripes, I am healed. Great is our God.

21. James - February 28, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Thank you so much for this article. I am so depressed about my illness but when I read this article it made me see the light from the dark stage of my life. Now, I feel better .Thank you so much

22. David - February 26, 2012 at 11:14 am

You will need DELIVERANCE FIRST TO RECEIVE HEALING. Because evil spirit is blocking healing from entering into their body’s. “I bind SATAN and his DEMON spirit in me and around me in JESUS name” amen!!! You have to learn how to cast out evil spirits out of our body’s. Evil came from Adam/Eve.

23. Paul - February 25, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Your work has been extremely helpful! The Lord has called me to help facilitate healing and deliverance in my little church that has never had a healing ministry. So, this is all very new territory for us (and me). I have marked this page for reference as needed. May God Bless your excellent site for the wonderful resource that it is.

24. Yusuf - February 22, 2012 at 1:25 am

God bless you for writing this article. My wife has just been diagnosed with cancer, but I believe God Almighty will heal her because He is faithful to His word. Please pray for her that God will grant her perfect healing in Jesus’ name Amen. God Bless you all and heal all those who are trusting in Him for divine healing. Amen

25. Roshan - February 22, 2012 at 12:49 am

Thanks, this is my favourite website, i get whatever i need for my spiritual growth from your website. You are blessed to be a blessing for this generation through your website. I pray God may bless you with more revelations, understanding and counsel. Thank you very much. I love you. Jesus is LORD !!!