Here are some deliverance verses from the Bible.
It has been estimated by many Bible scholars that approximately 25% of the miracles Jesus had performed was Him casting demons out of people.
And as we showed you in our article titled, “The Great Commission – Save, Heal, Deliver, and Disciple,” the 4 things that Jesus wants all of us to do for Him is to get people saved, heal people from sicknesses and diseases through the power of the Holy Spirit, make disciples out of people once we get them saved, and cast demons out of people when they do move in on someone.
The Great Commission Command was the very last thing Jesus had said to the apostles before He had ascended back up to heaven. And when Jesus makes this kind of dramatic statement that He wants all of us to concentrate on these 4 specific areas in our walk with Him, then I think we should all take this verse very seriously and very literally.
And casting demons out of people is one of the things that Jesus would like to have more of us do for Him, otherwise He would have never put this kind of specific command in this verse.
What I want to do in this article is to give you all of the verses from the Bible pertaining to all of the deliverances that Jesus Himself had done so you can have all of these verses right at your fingertips in the event any of you would like to learn how to do this with the Lord.
You can also use some of these verses in some of the actual deliverances you may get involved in, as demons hate to have any part of the Word quoted directly at them, especially any verses having to do with their own defeat with the Lord.
These kinds of verses are a constant reminder to the demons that they are now a totally defeated foe, and they will be no match for any Christian who knows they are in Christ and who is not afraid to wield the Sword of the Holy Spirit directly against them, which is the Word of God.
It would also be our recommendation to add these specific verses to the battle verses we have listed at the top of our Spiritual Warfare section. These sets of verses will give you all of the ammunition you will ever need to be able to cast out demons from any person or any place you may find them in.
Here are all of the verses from the Bible showing Jesus casting demons out of people. There are a total of 17 of them. Again, do not be afraid to use some of these verses in any actual deliverance you may get involved in. You can simply read some of these verses out loud to the demons as you are directly engaging with them.
- Then His fame went throughout all Syria; and they brought to Him all sick people who were afflicted with various diseases and torments, and those who were demon-possessed, epileptics, and paralytics; and He healed them. (Matthew 4:24)
- When He came to the other side, to the country of the Gergesenes, there met Him two demon-possessed men, coming out of the tombs, exceedingly fierce, so that no one could pass that way. And suddenly they cried out, saying, “What have we to do with You, Jesus, You Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?”Now a good way off from them there was a herd of many swine feeding. So the demons begged Him, saying, “If You cast us out, permit us to go away into the herd of swine.” And He said to them, “Go.” So when they had come out, they went into the herd of swine. And suddenly the whole herd of swine ran violently down the steep place into the sea, and perished in the water. (Matthew 8:28-32)
- Then one was brought to Him who was demon-possessed, blind and mute; and He healed him, so that the blind and mute man both spoke and saw. (Matthew 12:22)
- And behold, a woman of Canaan came from that region and cried out to Him, saying, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David! My daughter is severely demon-possessed … Then Jesus answered and said to her, “O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour. (Matthew 15: 22, 28)
- And when they had come to the multitude, a man came to Him, kneeling down to Him and saying, “Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is an epileptic and suffers severely; for he often falls into the fire and often into the water. So I brought him to your disciples, but they could not cure him. “Then Jesus answered and said, “O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear with you? Bring him here to me.” And Jesus rebuked the demon, and he came out of him; and the child was cured from that very hour.Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not cast him out?” So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.” (Matthew 17:14-21)
- Now there was a man in their synagogue with an unclean spirit. and he cried out, saying, “Let us alone! What have we to do with You, Jess of Nazareth? Did You come to destroy us? I know who You are – the Holy One of God!” But Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be quiet, and come out of him!” And when the unclean spirit had convulsed him and cried out with a loud voice, he came out of him. (Mark 1:23-26)
- Then He healed many who were sick with various diseases, and cast out many demons; and He did not allow the demons to speak, because they knew Him. (Mark 1:34)
- For He healed many, so that as many as had afflictions pressed about Him to touch Him. And the unclean spirits, whenever they saw Him, fell down before Him and cried out, saying, “You are the Son of God.” But He sternly warned them that they should not make Him known. (Mark 3:10-12)
- Then they came to the other side of the sea, to the country of the Gadarenes. and when He had come out of the boat, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no one could bind him, not even with chains, because he had often been bound with shackles and chains. And the chains had been pulled apart by him, and the shackles broken in pieces; neither could anyone tame him. And always, night and day, he was in the mountains and in the tombs, crying out and cutting himself with stones.But when he saw Jesus from afar, he ran and worshiped Him. and he cried out with a loud voice and said, “What have I to do with You, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God that You do not torment me.” For He said to him, “What is your name?” And he answered, saying, “My name is Legion; for we are many.” And he begged Him earnestly that He would not send them out of the country.Now a large herd of swine was feeding there near the mountains. And all the demons begged Him, saying, “Send us to the swine, that we may enter them.” And at once Jesus gave them permission. Then the unclean spirits went out and entered the swine (there were about two thousand); and the herd ran violently into the sea, and drowned in the sea. (Mark 5:2-13)
- Then one from the multitude answered and said, “Teacher, I brought You my son, who has a mute spirit. And whenever he seizes him, he throws him down; he foams at the mouth, gnashes his teeth, and becomes rigid. So I spoke to Your disciples, that they should cast him out but they could not.”He answered him and said, “O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear with you?” Bring him to me.” Then they brought him to Him. And when he saw Him, immediately the spirit convulsed him, and he fell on the ground and wallowed, foaming at the mouth. So He asked his father, “How long has this been happening to him?” And he said, “From childhood. And often he has thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.” Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.” Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe, help my unbelief!” When Jesus saw that the people came running together, He rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to him, “You deaf and dumb spirit, I command you, come out of him, and enter him no more.” And he became as one dead, so that many said, “He is dead.” But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him up, and he arose.
And when He had come into the house, His disciples asked Him privately, “Why could we not cast him out?” So He said to them, “This kind can come out by nothing but prayer and fasting.” (Mark 9:17-29)
- Now in the synagogue there was a man who had a spirit of an unclean demon. And he cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Let us alone! What have we to do with You, Jesus of Nazareth? Did You come to destroy us? I know You, who You are – the Holy One of God!”But Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be quiet, and come out of him!” And when the demon had thrown him in their midst, it came out of him and did not hurt him. So they were all amazed and spoke among themselves, saying, “What a word this is! For with authority and power He commands the unclean spirits, and they come out.” (Luke 4: 33-36)
- Now when the sun was setting, all those who had anyone sick with various diseases brought them to Him; and He laid His hands on every one of them and healed them. And the demons also came out of many, crying out and saying, “You are Christ, the Son of God!” And He, rebuking them, did not allow them to speak, for they knew that He was the Christ. (Luke 4:40-41)
- And He came down with them and stood on a level place with a crowd of His disciples and a great multitude of people from all Judea and Jerusalem, and from the sea coast of Tyre and Sidon, who came to hear Him and be healed of their diseases, as well as those who were tormented with unclean spirits. And they were healed. And the whole multitude sought to touch Him, for power went out from Him and healed them all. (Luke 6:17-19)
- Now it came to pass afterward, that He went through every city and village, preaching and bringing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God. And the twelve were with Him, and certain women who had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities – Mary called Magdalene, out of whom had come seven demons … (Luke 8:1-2)
- Then they came to the country of the Gadarenes, which is opposite Galilee. and when He stepped out on the land, there met Him a certain man from the city who had demon for a long time. And he wore no clothes, nor did he live in a house but in the tombs. When he saw Jesus, he cried out, fell down before Him, and with a loud voice said, “What have I to do with You, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg You, do not torment me!”For He had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For it had often seized him, and he was kept under guard, bound with chains and shackles; and he broke the bonds and was driven by the demon into the wilderness. Jesus asked him, saying, “What is your name? And he said, “Legion,” because many demons had entered him. And they begged Him that He would not command them to go out into the abyss.Now a herd of many swine was feeding there on the mountain. And they begged Him that He would permit them to enter them. And He permitted them. Then the demons went out of the man and entered the swine, and the herd ran violently down the steep place into the lake and drowned.
When those who fed them saw what had happened, they fled and told it in the city and in the country. Then they went out to see what had happened, and came to Jesus, and found the man from whom the demons had departed, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed and in his right mind. And they were afraid. They also who had seen it told them by what means he who had been demon-possessed was healed. Then the whole multitude of the surrounding region of the Gadarenes asked Him to depart from them, for they were seized with great fear. And He got into the boat and returned.
Now the man from whom the demons had departed begged Him that he might be with Him. But Jesus sent him away, saying, “Return to your house, and tell what great things God has done for you.” And he went his way and proclaimed throughout the whole city what great things Jesus had done for him. (Luke 8:26-39)
- Now it happened on the next day, when they had come down from the mountain, that a great multitude met Him. Suddenly a man from the multitude cried out, saying, “Teacher, I implore You, look on my son, for he is my only child. And behold, a spirit seizes him, and he suddenly cries out; it convulses him so that he foams at the mouth, and bruising him, it departs from him with great difficulty. So I implored Your disciples to cast it out, but they could not.”Then Jesus answered and said, “O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you and bear with you? Bring your son here.” And as he was still coming, the demon threw him down and convulsed him. Then Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit, healed the child, and gave him back to his father. (Luke 9:37-42)
- Now He was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath. And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up. But when Jesus saw her, He called her to Him and said to her, “Woman, you are loosed from your infirmity.” And He laid His hands on her, and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God. (Luke 13:10-13)