In a world where most of us get beat up to one degree or another, many people come out of these beatings with a problem in being able to trust anyone else – ever again!
All you have to do is watch the daily news and it is one tragic story after another.
Our neighborhoods are no longer as safe as they used to be. Bizarre, random, and senseless type crimes seem to be on the increase with all of the shootings that have occurred at our high schools, and now in our churches and in the courthouses themselves with the latest round of senseless tragedies that have just occurred.
All of us, to one degree or another, have been wronged in some way throughout the course of our lives.
And for some, these wrongs have been vicious, nasty, and sometimes extremely traumatic – especially those who have been victims of crimes such as assaults, robberies, and actual murders of close friends or family.
Per the 15 articles I just did on all of the end time events that will lead up to “The 2nd Coming of Jesus,” the Bible has already predicted that the love of many will grow cold as we enter into end times.
The Bible says that many will become lovers of self, unholy, proud, unloving, without self-control, brutal and lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God and His ways.
Paul talks about these traits in 2 Timothy 3:1, and says that all of this will occur in the last days.
Being brutal and without self-control may help explain some of the really bizarre crimes that we are starting to see more of with the random type shootings that are occurring in our schools and other public places.
Even our own government has to keep reminding us of the dangers of possible further terrorist activity anywhere and at anytime, and that we have to keep a sharp lookout just within our own natural surroundings as you never know when the next land-mine may go off. All of this kind of heightened activity can really start to erode a person’s ability to be able to trust anyone.
For many others, they have a hard time in being able to trust anyone as a result of some degree of physical and/or verbal abuse they have suffered from either their parents or their spouses.
Spousal abuse in this country is still out of control with the number of women who are being severely beaten by either their husbands or boyfriends.
Many people have been so badly beaten and abused during the course of their lives, that they no longer have any ability to trust anyone – including God Himself!
A dog can only take so much of a beating. After a certain amount of time, the dog will no longer trust anyone, including his own master.
As a result of the curse of Adam and Eve that is still in full operation on this earth, there is always going to be a certain amount of wrongs that we will all have to put up with – no exceptions! Nobody comes out of this life unscathed with all the people who have chosen with their own free wills to live this life on the dark side.
However, for Christians, no matter how badly you have been beaten up in your past, the one thing that you cannot have affected is your ability to trust in your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and our heavenly Father.
As a result of the beatings that some of God’s people have taken over the years, some of these people have literally lost their ability to even trust in God Himself.
It is one thing to have faith in God, to know that God exists, and that He is all-powerful and that there is nothing that He cannot do or accomplish – but it is quite another thing to be able to fully trust God with your life, and to fully trust Him to properly handle it for you, especially if everyone in your past has let you down in one way or another.
For those of you who are have having problems in being able to fully trust the Lord with your entire life, I will give you 15 very powerful and profound verses from the Bible showing you that not only does God want you to fully trust Him with your life – but that it is a vital necessity that you learn to how to do so.
I believe that faith and trust go hand in hand. They are like a one-two punch. First you must have faith that God exists, that He is who the Bible says He is, and that you are truly saved under the shed Blood of His Son Jesus Christ.
However, there is now one more big step you must take after you have this kind of faith in God.
Once you are saved, then you must be willing to fully surrender your entire life over to God the Father so that He can then enter you into His perfect plan and destiny for your life. Per the article I just did titled, “The Full Surrender,” you must become both saved and surrendered, not just saved.
God has a specific purpose and plan for each person’s life. Your life is no longer your own. You have been bought at a price and God now wants to do something very specific with your life.
Many Christians already know this, but they are still having a very hard time in actually trusting God to handle their lives for them.
Even though they know God is totally perfect and that He can perfectly handle and direct their lives much better than they can do – they are still having a hard time in making that leap, in clearing that final hurdle to completely turn the reigns of their entire live over to God the Father for Him to fully handle.
To any Christian who is having a hard time in clearing this final hurdle with God, you must make a final decision sooner or later as to who is going to run your life – you or God.
And the longer you wait, and the longer you keep from making this final decision, the more years you are going to lose in this life in being able to produce any real lasting fruit in the Lord.
For those of you whose final hurdle is this trust factor – you simply have to do what Peter did when he stepped out of the boat to start walking on water.
You must take a big leap of faith and dive off that cliff, and decide that you will now fully trust in God and that you will now follow His Holy Spirit in the direction that He will want to take your life in.
No matter how bad you have been hurt in your past, and no matter how many people have hurt you in your past – you must now learn to fully trust God with both yourself and with your entire life.
Bottom line – not only can you not trust anyone else with your life, but you can’t even trust yourself with your life because of your own imperfections and character flaws. Only God is “perfect,” and thus only God can “perfectly handle” your entire life for you.
You have to completely “let go and let God” if you want any peace, happiness, joy, and fulfillment in this life.
To really be able to enter into this full surrender with the Lord will require you to be able to completely trust the Lord with both yourself and your entire life.
If you do not learn how to fully trust the Lord with your entire life, then what you will find start to happen is that you will start to hold and pull back on certain areas of your life with Him. And once you start to hold or pull back in these certain areas of your life, you will then handcuff God in being able to work any further in those specific areas of your life.
This is why you have to be willing to completely trust the Lord with every single area of your life with no exceptions!
Learning to really trust God in the way that He wants you to fully trust Him is an all-or-nothing principle.
You are either going to fully trust Him with every area of your life or you are not. The minute you start waffling and trying to straddle the fence post with Him on this issue, you will then become what the Bible says is a wavering and double-minded man who will become unstable in all of his ways.
Now before I give you the verses from Scripture showing you the incredible power there really is if you can get to the point of fully trusting the Lord with your entire life – remember one thing.
The Bible says that all men and women have sinned and have fallen way short of the glory of God. All men and women are thus flawed and imperfect to one degree or another. As a result, you are always going to be running into people who will hurt you and who will continue to hurt you in this life. T
here is simply no getting away from this cold hard fact in this life. But just because imperfect people have hurt you and will continue to hurt you in this life does not mean that you have to hold this against God Himself.
Remember – the Bible tells us that God the Father and Jesus Christ are totally perfect in Their actual natures and personalities. The Bible says that there is no darkness in Their personalities. This means they have no evil in Them like all humans have.
They are thus incapable of hurting you in any way, shape, or form.
This means that you can completely trust the both of Them to perfectly handle you and everything else in your life. They are both totally perfectly dependable because They are both totally perfect in Their actual personalities.
This is why Jesus says that He has to be the Rock that you are to build your life on. If you try and build your life on what you want or what you think other people want from you, you will be building nothing but sandcastles that will perish the minute any serious storm clouds come against it.
Now here are some very profound and powerful verses from the Bible showing us the extreme importance that each and everyone of us learn how to fully trust the Lord with every single area of our life.
I simply cannot stress enough the importance and the power that is on these specific verses. Again, these are all major foundational verses that your walk with the Lord has to be grounded on.
The Bible Verses On Trusting The Lord
As you read through these Scripture verses, notice some of the incredible blessings and promises God is making to you if you can get to the point of being able to fully trust Him with your life.
I will bold these key words for you, and then summarize them at the end of these verses so you can see the incredible benefits and blessings you can have if you are willing to fully trust this awesome God of ours.
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5)
- “Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass … Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him …” (Psalm 37:4-7)
- “Who walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the Lord and rely upon His God.” (Isaiah 50:10)
- “Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever. As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds His people from this time forth and forever.” (Psalm 125:1)
- “He trusted in the Lord God of Israel … For he held fast to the Lord; he did not depart from following Him, but kept His commandments … The Lord was with him; he prospered wherever he went.” (2 Kings 18:5-7)
- “You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for in Yah, the Lord, is everlasting strength.” (Isaiah 26:3)
- “A good man … will not be afraid of evil tidings; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. His heart is established; he will not be afraid, until he sees his desire upon his enemies.” (Psalm 112:5-8)
- “Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him! Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints! There is no want to those who fear Him … But those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing.” (Psalm 34:8-10)
- “He who heeds the word wisely will find good, and whoever trusts in the Lord, happy is he.” (Proverbs 16:20)
- “The fear of man brings a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe.” (Proverbs 29:25)
- “But he who puts his trust in Me shall possess the land, and shall inherit My holy mountain.” (Isaiah 57:13)
- Thus says the Lord: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart departs from the Lord. For he shall be like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see when good comes, but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land which is not inhabited.Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is the Lord.For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; but her leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit.” (Jeremiah 17:5)
- “Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help … Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God … Who keeps truth forever, who executes justice for the oppressed, who gives food to the hungry.” (Psalm 146:3-7)
- “He who trusts in his riches will fall …” (Proverbs 11:28)
- “Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy. Let them do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share, storing up for themselves a good foundation for the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.” (1 Timothy 6:17-19)
- If you really chew and meditate on all of the above verses, you will really be able to feel the power on the revelation that God is trying to impart to you on the importance of completely trusting Him with every area of your life. Notice some of the incredible blessings that are attached to being able to fully trust in God:
- You will be happy
- You will not walk in darkness – but in the light of God
- God will direct your paths in the life
- You will be like Mount Zion – you will not be able to moved
- You will prosper wherever you go
- You will always be yielding fruit for the Lord
- Your mind will be at perfect peace – you will not be afraid of evil tidings
- Your heart will remain steadfast in the Lord
- You will have no want – you shall not lack any good thing
- You shall be safe in your surroundings
- You shall possess the land and inherit the holy mountain of God
Put all of these blessings together one right after the other – and you can then start to grasp how powerful of a thing it really is to learn how to fully trust in the Lord with all of your heart and with all of your mind in this life.
In this crazy day and age, more and more people are finding out that material wealth and riches are not buying them true happiness.
What they are really looking for are some of the above blessings. But these types of blessings can only be found by true, born-again believers who are operating in a full surrender with the Lord where they are fully trusting Him to handle both themselves and their entire lives.
Notice the very intense language God is using in the last three verses. He is telling us that we are not to put our trust in:
- In man in general
- In our own natural strength
- In uncertain riches and wealth
Notice that God is calling riches “uncertain.” All the material wealth and riches of this world are all uncertain because they are all perishable items and none of it will be going with you when you die and cross over.
Notice that God says we should be concentrating more on being rich in good works, and that good works are something that is actually stored up for us in the next life to come, which will be heaven!
We will thus be rewarded in heaven for the good works that we do for the Lord down here, not for the amount of money that we can make.
Works cannot get us saved as the Bible tells us that we can only be saved by grace through our faith in Jesus Christ. However, doing good works for the Lord will get you the bigger and better rewards once you enter into heaven. I’ve already talked about all of this in my article titled, “Rewards in Heaven.”
God specifically says that those who trust in men or in the riches of this world will have no help when they are going to need it in a real time of trouble.
Only God is our real help in this life. He says that our faith and hope should be in Him, not in the wealth and riches of this world!
In the above verse from Jeremiah, God literally says that “cursed” is the man who trusts in other men, or in himself and his own natural strength!
He says this kind of man will be like a “shrub in the desert” where there is no real life. Many rich people have what many consider to be the “all” of this life, yet they are just like shrubs in the desert since they have no real life, joy, and happiness operating in their lives.
For those of you who have really been battling with the Lord on being able to fully trust Him with your entire life, really chew and meditate on the above verses. This article will go hand in hand with the other article I have just done titled, “The Full Surrender.”
For each and every Christian – there is only one way to live this life – and that is operating under a full and complete surrender with the Lord where He is now the One who will be leading and directing your life in the specific direction that He will want it to go in.
And the one thing that will kick this full surrender into full gear is your decision to fully trust God with every single area of your life, holding absolutely nothing back from Him!
If you can learn how to stay in this full surrender with the Lord on a regular and non-wavering basis throughout the course of your life, and have complete and total trust in Him to perfectly handle your life for you – then you will enter into what the Bible calls a true peace that will pass all human understanding.
You will enter into a “God-bubble” where true peace, love, soundness-of-mind, happiness, joy, and a zest for living will be yours on a regular basis.
Granted, we will all go through various trials and tribulations as we plow through this earthly life. But if you will continue to hold fast to the Lord in your daily walk with Him and refuse to pull out of this full surrender with Him no matter how bad things may get from time to time – you can still have this incredible peace of mind even through the worst of times.
This is something that the Holy Spirit will supernaturally give to you if you will continue to walk close with the Lord and continue to place all of your trust in Him.
The Bible is truly the inspired and infallible Word of our Holy God, and you can completely rely on what all of the above verses are trying to tell you.
These verses are giving you a major, and I mean a major spiritual secret that can dramatically change and alter the course of your life if you are willing to implement these truths into your walk with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Let us know if this article has helped you trust in the Lord more?